Engineer Raid Build!

Engineer Raid Build!

in Engineer

Posted by: magical giant.8650

magical giant.8650

Hello!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUnsTBtbh9ZB+dBEqiFjkiOBjwKcsQOkAQcP6j/A-TxRBQBXR5nT2fAAXAgJ+AAMjSQKp+De0BQKA2kZB-e

Here we go! I wanted to make a new build that takes advantage of our new buffs we got with the recent patch and also make us of some really strong trait synergy.

Party buffs/support

I picked up " Shocking Speed " so when someone puts down a lightning field I can use my Jump Shot with the rifle and give everyone superspeed so we all can get to the boss really fast. No time to lose right?

" Shocking Speed " works really well with " Expert Examination " and " Impact Savant " So we don’t only give everyone super speed but we also cause daze with 25% increased duration AND weakness + vulnerability, super strong combo!

Now this is some really strong traits that goes really well together, " Health Insurance ", Inversion Enzyme " and " Stimulant Supplier ". It’s all about Med Kit and Elixir Gun, Elixir Gun converts all conditions the boss will put on your group into boons which makes your Med Kit heal ALOT not only that but going into Med Kit you will drop a healing pack for anyone to pick up!

DPS/selfbuffs

The Rifle got some really strong damage output but it also got a secret way to give yourselfs buffs! Rifle skill nr 4 causes a CC on yourself which you might think is bad but now with the right trait combination you can get fury and 3 stacks of might for free. " Reactive Lenses " and " Gadgeteer " enables this combo, CC yourself is alittle bit bad but I bet all classes has skills that works the same way. Nearly forgot to mention that on the master level in Tools you should pick up " Lock On " so when the boss stealths you can reveal it right away!

Now that I’v explained the really cool combinations you can do with the engineer lets get to the DPS. With the recent buff to physical damage on Rocket Boots and Fire Bomb I figured this is the way to go for pure damage. I’m alittle bit confused on the damage rotation people keep talking about but I did some research. The engineer DPS rotation seems to be alittle bit more difficult then other classes but I think as long you make use of Fire Bomb physical damage and Rocket Boots you should be fine Auto Attacking with rifle, I mean condition necromancers and power revenants work this way why would it be different for engineer.

PS any help with the DPS rotation would be helpful!

“Existing Isn’t A Crime!” Franky – One Piece

Engineer Raid Build!

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

To maximize your support you should autoattack with medkit whenever possible.

9/10 nice effort and a good laugh

Engineer Raid Build!

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

And did you test it? Shocking speed in raids can’t stand. Did you see how many fields are under boss? Final salvo is better option for superspeed and blasty gyro toolbelt too – safe options. You can use sneaky gyro only for final salvo.

25% daze duration doesn’t matter. If I count how many cc I put on break bar, it always breaked down before I finish my cc rotation. Weaknes and vuln is useless because many classes have it on AA or some skill so boss have this condis permanently.

Inversion enzyme I sometimes use on slothy if our guild teaching newbies. Med kit is still useless until engi take druid spot (they will take you for dps spot -support is ps warr, chrono, and druid) . These specs are offensive support which EG and MK not. (If med kit skills will be aoe, there will be discussable if can be viable)

You have good thinking, you want something what engi should offer (and other classes too) but game doesn’t have it. This build meaby can be usable at WvW.

For raids , engi is dps. There was many kind of builds, one build was taking as much dmg as possible and then heal self + via trait teamates too, or water blasting healer.… if you looking for build, where is rifle, try bomber build (our highest dps build) brainless spamming AA bombs and using Toolbelt skills on cd. Around 33k dps.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Engineer Raid Build!

in Engineer

magical giant.8650

And did you test it? Shocking speed in raids can’t stand. Did you see how many fields are under boss? Final salvo is better option for superspeed and blasty gyro toolbelt too – safe options. You can use sneaky gyro only for final salvo.

25% daze duration doesn’t matter. If I count how many cc I put on break bar, it always breaked down before I finish my cc rotation. Weaknes and vuln is useless because many classes have it on AA or some skill so boss have this condis permanently.

Inversion enzyme I sometimes use on slothy if our guild teaching newbies. Med kit is still useless until engi take druid spot (they will take you for dps spot -support is ps warr, chrono, and druid) . These specs are offensive support which EG and MK not. (If med kit skills will be aoe, there will be discussable if can be viable)

You have good thinking, you want something what engi should offer (and other classes too) but game doesn’t have it. This build meaby can be usable at WvW.

For raids , engi is dps. There was many kind of builds, one build was taking as much dmg as possible and then heal self + via trait teamates too, or water blasting healer.… if you looking for build, where is rifle, try bomber build (our highest dps build) brainless spamming AA bombs and using Toolbelt skills on cd. Around 33k dps.

Aw kitten now I feel bad. This was ment to be a sarcastic showcase of useless Traits and Skills the engineer have xD But thanks for the advise and your time :P

Engineer Raid Build!

in Engineer

magical giant.8650

Engineer is so lost in where it should be at the moment so we don’t really have a spot for anything- other classes do more damage then us and better support, our twin class elementalist (which also is supose to be jack of all trades master of none) got it all right when engineer got left out.

Engineer Raid Build!

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

But this doesn’t mean that we are not viable :-) elementalist is pretty same like we are. We don’t have dps meter, but where is your proof that he roll his 40k dps on boss? I always see good eles downed, running around, try to keep alive (yea I must run with pugs) and me still smashing boss with bombs.

Engi is more complex and harder to play. If ele not switch attuments and only spam lava font on staff, then he will be more better then engi swapping 2 kits + weapon.

And we are support. Who can hold all spirits on gorseval? Blind aoe mobs on sabetha or slubling on sloth. Cc deal with mortars on trio, superspeed+backup reflect on mathias… engi is good quality of life for raid team, and have very compared dps like ele

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "