Engineer Rifle

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: qtdogewof.8746

qtdogewof.8746

I’ve got a warrior character as well, and I’ve tried the rifle on both, and I have to say Im disappointed with the engineer rifle abilities. The warrior rifle abilities seem so much more practical, as if they were actually being used for the rifles true intentions. Rather than a less effective shotgun.

Rstk Darkblade ~ Maverick Lifekeeper ~ Pious Fervour ~ Scar Fireshot

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Naustis.8510

Naustis.8510

rifle on engi is only for burst dmg. nothing more

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Oh our rifle is for complete control . Sorry its not to your liking but at least you have the warrior to fall back on , Who likes to be immobolized and knockdowned continuous? I know i don’t. You guys gotta start analyzing better than just drawing conclusions from what you see up front.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Since the engineer can have so many different sets of abilities, you will be extremely hard-pressed to find a single weapon set or kit that is just a straightforward general purpose dps weapon like most professions use as their PvE staple.

Warrior rifle is as simplistic as the profession itself: it just shoots people. You can shoot people and bleed them, shoot people several times quickly, shoot people with a powerful shot, etc. The engineer version is a kitten ring weapon, featuring decent melee AoE, decent ranged auto, amazing mid-range single target control, and a short movement skill.

But yeah, if you like the warrior version, that’s cool.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

my issue with engi rifle is that it is a shotgun but it is not.

I love it except for the 1 ability. Thats what’s really crippling it in WvW for melee builds. The net is great, the knock back is good, could be aoe, but its not bad, blunderbuss, and jumpshot are fantastic.

But when I use rifle I feel that the 1 skill is just kind of out of place. The dps is not bad, and the piercing is okay, but I think given the nature of the weapon it would be better to have the 1 skill be more of an aoe cone or an explosion like pistol 1.

When you try to use rifle as a close range aoe weapon the 1 skill is what holds you back, while blunderbuss and jumpshot are on cool down. You can try to fill the gap, but if rifle 1 was more akin to other melee weapons like the hammers, or great swords with a multi hit conal 1 skill, I think it would feel more natural as shotgun.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

See thats where your problem lie , its neither man. It has the long range of the rifle , and the short range burst of a shotgun. You can’t place it in just one of those categories , think of it as a state of the art Shotgun Rifle , thats going through rigorous testing . We haven’t perfected it yet , but it definitely can dish out some hurt…

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

well because it is neither and incomplete it is not a solid competitor to other close up melee options on other profession.

the same is true of all the kits.

that creates a viability issue when you scale up to play in larger groups.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’ve always felt that our rifle is a bit awkward. Its autoattack has a 1200 range, but its hardest hitting attack needs to be from up close. It has a jump attack and a (self)knockback attack. The net is great but do I use it to close the gap for my blunderbus or widen it for my auto? Or is it net, jumpshot, blunderbus, knockback?

I’ve recently created a rifle/SD build and have been trying to get a grip on the rifle. It seems that it’s merely a control tool in my opinion. The 1200 range autoattack (piercing) is good when my skills are on CD and I’m far away/kiting. Otherwise, it’s just a weapon to bounce around and control my target’s movement. For real damage, I use kits or SD bursts.

Am I right/wrong?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

All I do with Rifle is setup jump shot from melee range to get both damage effects…So the idea is to control for sure and blunderbuss then pull them in with magnet or root them while in melee range and BAAM jump shot on to there face.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Rifle is a control weapons, it comes with much more depth than the warrior’s rifle

play rifle warrior for a bit, you will find yourself not using skill 2 & 4 at all, just pew pre with auto attack while volley recharges.

Engineer rifle has dmg and that control which lets you position enemies where u need then to be

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Rifle would make a lot more sense, and be a lot better, if it’s shotgun-style abilities actually worked properly as cone AoEs.

Now, before someone corrects me and says that Blunderbuss is a cone AoE, in whose experience does it actually work that way? In my experience the only way for Blunderbuss to not have a 50% chance to miss against a mere single enemy, is to target the enemy and (if you’re not closely chasing them) briefly stop moving so the game auto-aims you at them. (I suspect it’s another issue caused by ArenaNet testing on development servers located in their offices with 0.2ms lag)

Another annoyance is Overcharged Shot requiring a target to actually hit. To put it in perspective how stupid that is: In practice, I need to target someone to hit them with my shotgun at 400 range or it will miss, while Thieves will always hit people with Heartseeker without needing to target them at 450 range.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Dina.4081

Dina.4081

I’ll add my 2 cents here and say that rifle is good if you know how to use it.

There is a trait that increases range for rifles but I see rifle as a close range weapon, mainly for skills #3, #4 and #5. The increase range would only make sense to me for the net shot, which is easily dodgeable if you’re far from the target so not really worth it.

On PvE, I combine it with FT & EG kit since I use both at close range and FT offers AoE damage while my rifle is on recharge. For sPvP, I use it as DD along with some CC from #4 and utilities, I haven’t had problems in 1v1 with this build, I can even hold 2 people at once for some time until reinforcement comes.

IMO you’re comparing two different things. If you’re expecting both classes to have the same weapon abilities, then why don’t we all run warriors? And also, why don’t elementalists get the same marks as necromancers when using a staff? Or mesmers?

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

Now, before someone corrects me and says that Blunderbuss is a cone AoE, in whose experience does it actually work that way? In my experience the only way for Blunderbuss to not have a 50% chance to miss against a mere single enemy, is to target the enemy and (if you’re not closely chasing them) briefly stop moving so the game auto-aims you at them. (I suspect it’s another issue caused by ArenaNet testing on development servers located in their offices with 0.2ms lag)

Another annoyance is Overcharged Shot requiring a target to actually hit. To put it in perspective how stupid that is: In practice, I need to target someone to hit them with my shotgun at 400 range or it will miss, while Thieves will always hit people with Heartseeker without needing to target them at 450 range.

I’d like to correct you, because in my experience I have neither of these problems with the rifle. Just to be sure I just tested it, and yep, don’t have this problem. Are you sure your aiming in the general direction of what you’d like to hit?

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Virtuslumen.2541

Virtuslumen.2541

I understand there are people who love the engi’s current “rifle”, but there are those of us who expected it to handle like an actual rifle. I expected us to have more range than a warrior since the rifle is one of our primary weapons.

I know this has probably been said before, but I would really enjoy one of these options:

1. Make the current rifle a “Shotgun” kit (that has current rifle abilities) and give the rifle new abilities

2. Make a “Sniper Rifle” kit that focuses on long range attacks, but maybe they have a charge-up time.

3. Make various traits that modify the current rifle into something with more range and damage.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Dina.4081

Dina.4081

I’d like to correct you, because in my experience I have neither of these problems with the rifle. Just to be sure I just tested it, and yep, don’t have this problem. Are you sure your aiming in the general direction of what you’d like to hit?

Yep, just did some test too and didn’t miss it. The only problem is, and that’s not a game mechanics fault, is if you’re running AND holding down mouse #3, then you’ll shoot in front of you (which is only a problem for overcharged shot, entering a 4 sec cd). By holding down mouse #3 you’re not allowing your character to rotate, thus auto aiming.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Mif.3471

I am.

Are you testing in against moving players, or against mobs / training dummys?

Perhaps it’s a latency issue due to my oceanic connection (which sadly they’ll use as an excuse to not change/fix anything )

Edit: I’ll also point out, as someone who used Flamethrower for a long time before they tweaked it’s aiming, I do know how the camera/aiming system works :P.

(edited by Mif.3471)

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

I understand there are people who love the engi’s current “rifle”, but there are those of us who expected it to handle like an actual rifle. I expected us to have more range than a warrior since the rifle is one of our primary weapons.

I know this has probably been said before, but I would really enjoy one of these options:

1. Make the current rifle a “Shotgun” kit (that has current rifle abilities) and give the rifle new abilities

2. Make a “Sniper Rifle” kit that focuses on long range attacks, but maybe they have a charge-up time.

3. Make various traits that modify the current rifle into something with more range and damage.

Life is full of disappointment , why would it change now? The rifle really doesn’t require more dmg at all , the up close abilities it already possess can smite the tankiest of foes. Only thing we need now is a Mace as a main weapon , and then the Hammer later implemented.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Virtuslumen.2541

Virtuslumen.2541

Life is full of disappointment , why would it change now? The rifle really doesn’t require more dmg at all , the up close abilities it already possess can smite the tankiest of foes. Only thing we need now is a Mace as a main weapon , and then the Hammer later implemented.

That’s why I added the “Sniper Kit” option. For the people who want the rifle to stay as is.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Engineers snatched the rifle out of the Warriors hands, chopped down the barrel, bored it out to a 12 gauge, and proceeded to see what manner of random household appliances they could stuff in it and shoot at people. Solid Slugs that punch through targets? Sure (#1)! Nets that deploy in flight? Totally (#2)! A handful of glass and scrap metal? Sounds delightfully painful (#3)! Fifty times the normal amount of gun powder? That’ll chap some booties (#4)! How about a highly accurate solid rocket booster with a large ejection of propellant capable of launching ya across a ravine!? …Uhh…do you have a permit for that (#5)?

The point is if you think of the Engineers rifle as a pump action shot gun with an assorted array of shells, you may very well change your tune about it. It’s build to get in your enemy’s face…and then remove it…through their rectum.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Engineers snatched the rifle out of the Warriors hands, chopped down the barrel, bored it out to a 12 gauge, and proceeded to see what manner of random household appliances they could stuff in it and shoot at people. Solid Slugs that punch through targets? Sure (#1)! Nets that deploy in flight? Totally (#2)! A handful of glass and scrap metal? Sounds delightfully painful (#3)! Fifty times the normal amount of gun powder? That’ll chap some booties (#4)! How about a highly accurate solid rocket booster with a large ejection of propellant capable of launching ya across a ravine!? …Uhh…do you have a permit for that (#5)?

The point is if you think of the Engineers rifle as a pump action shot gun with an assorted array of shells, you may very well change your tune about it. It’s build to get in your enemy’s face…and then remove it…through their rectum.

hahahahahahaah wow.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Seras.5702

bahahahahaa! nicely explained. It does feel like a kittenized rifle stolen and modified while a bit high. #4 & #5 should include a maniacal laugh sound considering it’s bonkers to want to fire that kind of weapon.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

I am.

Are you testing in against moving players, or against mobs / training dummys?

Perhaps it’s a latency issue due to my oceanic connection (which sadly they’ll use as an excuse to not change/fix anything )

Edit: I’ll also point out, as someone who used Flamethrower for a long time before they tweaked it’s aiming, I do know how the camera/aiming system works :P.

I tried it real quick in WvW when I tested it so it was against a moving target/s. The latency could be an issue, I was actually going to mention that in my original post but forgot. Also check out what Dina said. I’m not sure I noticed it firing forward rather than where I aimed when holding the mouse 3 button, and I always play that way. I’ll try it out on dummies or something when I get home. Its worth a shot though if your having trouble.

@ObscureOne: Nicely put.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Mif.3471

I tried it real quick in WvW when I tested it so it was against a moving target/s. The latency could be an issue, I was actually going to mention that in my original post but forgot. Also check out what Dina said. I’m not sure I noticed it firing forward rather than where I aimed when holding the mouse 3 button, and I always play that way. I’ll try it out on dummies or something when I get home. Its worth a shot though if your having trouble.

I think I’ll have to devote some time to see if I can adapt my playstyle as a work around

The main reason it annoys me, is Air Burst (skill 3) on Flamethrower never misses for me, no matter what circumstance I use it. So if they can make that work with latency involved, then why can’t they do the same for Rifle skills :/

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

I think the rifle would make an excellent melee weapon – change 1# to a short range aoe cone, change overcharged shot to an aoe, swap cooldowns on #2 and #3 skills (and therefore skill position).

Problem is engineer would then be without a decent ranged power based non ground targeted attack. If the pistol or a kit was buffed (better damage or refire rate on pistol AA, better accuracy on volley, or better base power ratio on elixer gun AA) then I think this would be an amazing change for the engineer as a class.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

I think the rifle would make an excellent melee weapon – change 1# to a short range aoe cone, change overcharged shot to an aoe, swap cooldowns on #2 and #3 skills (and therefore skill position).

Problem is engineer would then be without a decent ranged power based non ground targeted attack. If the pistol or a kit was buffed (better damage or refire rate on pistol AA, better accuracy on volley, or better base power ratio on elixer gun AA) then I think this would be an amazing change for the engineer as a class.

I’m not sure I’d like a short range skill for the auto-attack specifically due to the point you mention; a difficulty in getting at ranged targets. This is actually one of the rifle’s strong points as it can not only engage a target at range 1000 but also excels at doing so up close. Sure it can get ranges up to 1200 when traited though I don’t use Rifled Barrels anymore now that Mod Ammo, Rifle Mod, and Sitting Duck are more permanently etched in my rifle build than what I did with that girl is etched into my memory of prom night in 2003.

I’ve begun to think that Rifled Barrels is actually counter-intuitive in that it encourages the build choice of fighting at range, but relatively speaking 1200 range is a less effective distance for a rifle Engi. Toss scope in on top of it and it all begins to seem like it wants to allow for the Engineer to be a strong contender at 600-1200, yet the hardest hitting skills are reserved for when you’re a couple centimeters shy of their tonsils. Notably scope isn’t exclusively tied to the rifle, and may be more suited to a Pistol/Shield based condition build that wants to get those extra proced conditions. I say Pistol/Shield and not Pistol/Pistol as the offhand pistol skills also utilize the closer ranges.

Personally I think there should be some method, much like the Thief and it’s dual wielding skill mechanic, to shake things up a bit on your rifle skill bar. I.E. if you use Rifle, and also use the Scope trait, it changes “Blunderbuss” to “High Velocity Shot” a range 1200 (or range 1500 if traited with Rifled Barrels) single target skill with the same damage and bleed stacks on an inverted damage scale to Blunderbuss (I.E. longer the range the more damage and bleeds). This single skill malleability would change the rifle from 3 skills best suited for use when that thing is inside your enemy’s chest cavity, to 3 skills best used for when you just have that strong need to reach out to someone…and eliminate them with extreme prejudice.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

The beauty of taking away the long ranged component of the rifle (in my opinion) is that the rifle could finally become the engineers dedicated melee weapon – this would allow the weapon to be rebalanced numbers wise as a melee weapon. I think it would be great for the flavor of the engineer as well – no other classes in the game use guns this way.

Then again I personally feel that necromancers also need this type of weapon option – a viable AoE melee weapon for all the power necros out there. So I guess this is something of a philosophical point for me.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

1 thing I dislike about the rifle is also one thing that plagues the engineer in general and that’s the combination of good tank with good surviveability without using hgh, with hgh rifle I can wreak people and still maintain a good tank while using it with bombs as more of a utility kit for melee support (smoke bomb mostly) the problem I find when using other skills or kits is with other skills other then elixirs you don’t get no way near as much damage out of the rifle and a lot of the time with kits you waste to much time swapping and such which gives them extra time for heals/regeneration to negate any damage you just threw at them, don’t get me wrong there are a lot of very good options to take but as a mostly solo roamer for me running hgh rifle offers a lot more versatility in the open field where anything could happen and a lot more options for what I can and can not fight

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

1 thing I dislike about the rifle is also one thing that plagues the engineer in general and that’s the combination of good tank with good surviveability without using hgh, with hgh rifle I can wreak people and still maintain a good tank while using it with bombs as more of a utility kit for melee support (smoke bomb mostly) the problem I find when using other skills or kits is with other skills other then elixirs you don’t get no way near as much damage out of the rifle and a lot of the time with kits you waste to much time swapping and such which gives them extra time for heals/regeneration to negate any damage you just threw at them, don’t get me wrong there are a lot of very good options to take but as a mostly solo roamer for me running hgh rifle offers a lot more versatility in the open field where anything could happen and a lot more options for what I can and can not fight

Sounds like you sir, should try out a Static Discharge build. It won’t be tougher than a week old meatloaf like an HGH, Cleansing Formula 409, and Fast Acting Elixirs spec but depending on utility choices it can make up for DPS drops when kit swapping, or stack up your rifle burst to turn someone into meaty little XP nuggets.

Right now for my SD build I’m still playing with the newest trait improvements of Modified Ammunition and Sitting Duck, and the new version of Rocket Boots. The play style requires I get filthy close to my target, but interestingly enough I can compete in a fight at the 1000-1200 range. It’s an unexpected side effect of running Utility Goggles of which I primarily slotted due to the recent frivolous distribution of blinds. Analyze is a range 1200 and as I approach into 1000 I have net shot. This basically sets up a situation in which I can drop 15 stacks of vulnerability and gain an additional 8% damage against that target (15% if I happened to proc the crit bleed). This makes my rifle auto really really really painful and I haven’t even really started to fight. My full combo rotation of box of nails, magnet, pry bar, overcharged, utility goggles, throw wrench, jumpshot, blunderbuss, rocket kick, and rocket boots is just sitting there waiting to poke all kinds of holes in their hp pool.

Maybe I got into a bit to much detail, but the long and short is that Static Discharge may be that little something your missing out on by building for HGH. Don’t get me wrong if you want to tank spec, go ahead and Panzer that build up, but you’ll just have to accept the DPS losses.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Seras.5702

@Obscure et al: Recently rolled SD/rifle build with Goggles, Rifle Turret, and ToolKit. Lotsa fun. What traits did you take? I’m running 10/30/0/0/30 and am just not sure how to squeeze every ounce of damage out of my rifle (since I’ve been a pistol user since day 1). In Firearms I have II, IX, X. Trying to figure out if I should swap out Go For The Eyes for Hair Trigger. And I’ve got Incendiary Powder in Explosives due to my high crit % (and free 100power) but dunno if there’s another line better.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

@Obscure et al: Recently rolled SD/rifle build with Goggles, Rifle Turret, and ToolKit. Lotsa fun. What traits did you take? I’m running 10/30/0/0/30 and am just not sure how to squeeze every ounce of damage out of my rifle (since I’ve been a pistol user since day 1). In Firearms I have II, IX, X. Trying to figure out if I should swap out Go For The Eyes for Hair Trigger. And I’ve got Incendiary Powder in Explosives due to my high crit % (and free 100power) but dunno if there’s another line better.

My trait spread is 0/30/10/10/20, and I’m presently using the new rifle standard of Sitting Duck, Rifle Mod, and Modified Ammunition in that Firearms line. For Inventions I usually run Cloaking Device, but for those big zerg fights I run Protective Shield. Similarly in my Alchemy line I’ll use Self-Regulating Defenses and for zerging swap it out for Protection Injection. The Tools line is fairly straight forward with Speedy Kits (which has never not been in any of my builds) and Static Discharge.

I tend to do a good job keeping up fury between drop stimulant and Utility Goggles which keeps my crit rate at 70% (80% against < 50%hp targets), so I can capitalize fairly well on my 70% crit damage and 3k attack (calculated without Rifle Mod, Mod Ammo, Bloodlust Stacks, or Superior Sigil of Force).

Pro Tip: For Med Kit, on Drop Stimulant, you can drop 3 of them as they will remain after the cool down. At about 5 seconds until you can drop a fourth one pick up all three starting with the first one you dropped and then use drop stimulant 1 more time to stack the duration of all four uses.

Edit: Note – always get bloodlust stacks up prior to going out into the fray. The +250 power is a direct damage builds best friend. Once you have those stacks swap out to a berzerker weapon with a sigil of force to capitalize on having even more direct damage output. For zerg fights a power/precision/toughness rifle with a sigil of fire is recommended.

(edited by Obscure One.4357)

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I just wish I could have a rifleman with warrior rifle and medium armor.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: Finlay.7253

Finlay.7253

My trait spread is 0/30/10/10/20, and I’m presently using the new rifle standard of Sitting Duck, Rifle Mod, and Modified Ammunition in that Firearms line. For Inventions I usually run Cloaking Device, but for those big zerg fights I run Protective Shield. Similarly in my Alchemy line I’ll use Self-Regulating Defenses and for zerging swap it out for Protection Injection. The Tools line is fairly straight forward with Speedy Kits (which has never not been in any of my builds) and Static Discharge.

I tend to do a good job keeping up fury between drop stimulant and Utility Goggles which keeps my crit rate at 70% (80% against < 50%hp targets), so I can capitalize fairly well on my 70% crit damage and 3k attack (calculated without Rifle Mod, Mod Ammo, Bloodlust Stacks, or Superior Sigil of Force).

Pro Tip: For Med Kit, on Drop Stimulant, you can drop 3 of them as they will remain after the cool down. At about 5 seconds until you can drop a fourth one pick up all three starting with the first one you dropped and then use drop stimulant 1 more time to stack the duration of all four uses.

Edit: Note – always get bloodlust stacks up prior to going out into the fray. The +250 power is a direct damage builds best friend. Once you have those stacks swap out to a berzerker weapon with a sigil of force to capitalize on having even more direct damage output. For zerg fights a power/precision/toughness rifle with a sigil of fire is recommended.

What equip would you use with your named build? I’d like to try this build out, but i have no clue how to equip therefore :/

“A man that flies from his fear may find
that he has only taken a short cut to
meet it.” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

@Obscure One.4357, hehehe yea i love running with s/d engi but like i said as far as solo roaming goes for me i want something that has the versatility for multiple situations and taking on multiple opponents, alas the s/d engi dies very easy and thats something i very much dislike because the burst is so much fun, with the hgh build i run i stack up that might and when i find some one i jumpshot, BoB, netshot, blunderbuss, overcharged shot that combo is surprisingly easy to land and deals a ton of damage (around 13-16k damage) with good aoe and still maintains fantastic sustainability thanks to hgh, so ya can see my reasoning for using hgh over s/d atm

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

What equip would you use with your named build? I’d like to try this build out, but i have no clue how to equip therefore :/

I’m not certain how well this would perform in structured as the gearing I use which is an assortment of Soldiers, Zerker, and Valks isn’t supported in the game mode. I mostly build to far point bunker with my accellerant packed turret bomber build (8x blasts in a water field that knock back, FTW). However if your looking to run it in sPvP I’d use Runes of Lyssa and a seeker amulet, but you may need to tweak that to be more optimal.

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Only 20pts in Tools for an SD build? Wouldn’t the full 30 reduction of the toolbelt cooldown be more important?

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

This discussion of S/D comes up countless times , you’d think most engies know how to run a optimum S/D build. Guys please for the life of you and everyone other Engineer please stop running Elix B during your pseudo max dps build….it severely cripples your dps lol.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0pqdnpSyF17IyoHdGpNhgeYX+le9pAbB-jEyAYLACCARCJ5VEN2ibR0YVLYqSioavRR0qFCY0CA-w
(MODULAR)

(edited by TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586)

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Obscure One.4357

Only 20pts in Tools for an SD build? Wouldn’t the full 30 reduction of the toolbelt cooldown be more important?

By all means a faster cd is optimal for getting the most out of SD. However since the maximum reduction isn’t as large of a difference between 20 points and 30 for skills such as Analyze or Rocket Kick, it’s seemed like a good idea to trait into ways to keep me alive for a second go at the spike.

This discussion of S/D comes up countless times , you’d think most engies know how to run a optimum S/D build. Guys please for the life of you and everyone other Engineer please stop running Elix B during your pseudo max dps build….it severely cripples your dps lol.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0pqdnpSyF17IyoHdGpNhgeYX+le9pAbB-jEyAYLACCARCJ5VEN2ibR0YVLYqSioavRR0qFCY0CA-w
(MODULAR)

Agreed.

But, if used in an Acidic Elixirs, Cleansing Formula 409, HGH build and thrown to always include yourself in the AoE, then sure, run Static Discharge. Just make sure you have good aim. Otherwise no Elixirs belong in your SD build unless you’re getting them off a trait.

(edited by Obscure One.4357)

Engineer Rifle

in Engineer

Yeah last thing you want to do is get within 600 range of anything for extended periods , especially seeing as elixirs all have cast times on them lol , you pretty much making your own grave attempting to throw elixirs on opponents. Trait needs a serious rework…