Posted by: Tyrus.7065

Tyrus.7065

[scnd] Zora Varseya-Engineer

(edited by Tyrus.7065)

Engineer Rifle WVW Roaming ( video

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

a) superior black chat screen really annoys me.
b) always post build anywhere.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

a) superior black chat screen really annoys me.
b) always post build anywhere.

Some people don’t post their builds because they don’t like their potential opponents learning and using them against them, but I would agree that such videos should have builds posted. So yeah, post the build if you don’t mind, please and thank you.

From the video, you can discern that it is at least 30/10/0/10/10, so there’s only 10 other trait points to figure out. I believe it’s 30/20/0/10/10 though. The traits that can be seen are incendiary powder, short fuse, grenadier, hair trigger, invigorating speed, and speedy kits. I’m guessing the last 10 in firearms probably takes the trait rifle mod.

As for the equipment, I dunno. Probably some kind of PVT base with knights or berserkers mixed in, but I’m not good enough to tell. Sigil is sigil of energy and the runes appear to be 4 or 5 runes of vampirism and then 2 other ones. It could be runes of scavenging instead of the vampirism, but the focus on direct damage instead of condi damage would mean vampirism makes more sense. My guess it 5 vampirism and 1 divinity rune.

Utilities are obvious.

As for the video and gameplay, there were a number of times you could’ve used net shot but you didn’t, such as following up overcharged shot with it. That makes it so that the opponent is then immobilized as soon as they recover from the launch, allowing you to land some grenades or more rifle attacks. I can understand wanting to save it for a different moment, although it doesn’t have a very long cooldown.

I’m also not sure how I feel about elixir gun in this build. I think you might be better served by something like rocket boots, or maybe even elixir B, C, or S. I guess that stun break on the toolbelt might be too valuable though.

Still, a nice well-rounded build for roaming, and some good fights in the video. If I didn’t have my rifle stuff tied up in SD burst builds I’d probably give such a build a go. A lot of people underestimate the punch that hip shot packs.

(edited by Yamsandjams.3267)

in Engineer

Tyrus.7065

edit:build updated

(edited by Tyrus.7065)

in Engineer

Posted by: SmallCat.7413

SmallCat.7413

GREAT!!!

what do you think about bomb bigger range in next patch?

i want to see your build. Power Precision Toughness Vitality…..you know,they can copy your build,but can’t copy your control.

i hard to fight to mesmer and thief =.=

in Engineer

Tyrus.7065

GREAT!!!

i want to see your build. Power Precision Toughness Vitality…..you know,they can copy your build,but can’t copy your control.

what sort of mesmers and thieves?

in Engineer

Posted by: Iddiozzia.3489

Iddiozzia.3489

Very nice video!
Good and entertaining gameplay, nice music and +1 for using a POWER build

Hope to see more in the future.

in Engineer

Posted by: SmallCat.7413

SmallCat.7413

GREAT!!!

what sort of mesmers and thieves?

phantasm build mesmers,SD and DP thieves,hope to see more in your next video.

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

Ah, I was pretty close on the build. Got the last 10 trait points wrong though. Thanks for posting it.

On that note though, did you ever consider taking rifle mod instead of protection injection? The additional defence is undoubtedly very beneficial, but an extra 10% damage on attacks you regularly use is also quite significant. I guess maybe it might be better if you’re in a zerg with a frontline to take the brunt of the attacks while you hang back and shoot stuff, whereas the protection is more worth it for roaming since you never know when you’ll get sneak attacked.

I was expecting it to have more toughness, but I guess the life stealing is what gives it the sustain it demonstrates in the video.

It’s funny that you don’t get the 6th vapirism rune though… that 6 piece bonus is just such garbage that it’s better to just get additional stats.

(edited by Yamsandjams.3267)

in Engineer

Tyrus.7065

Ah, I was pretty close on the build. Got the last 10 trait points wrong though. Thanks for posting it.

On that note though, did you ever consider taking rifle mod instead of protection injection? The additional defence is undoubtedly very beneficial, but an extra 10% damage on attacks you regularly use is also quite significant. I guess maybe it might be better if you’re in a zerg with a frontline to take the brunt of the attacks while you hang back and shoot stuff, whereas the protection is more worth it for roaming since you never know when you’ll get sneak attacked.

I was expecting it to have more toughness, but I guess the life stealing is what gives it the sustain it demonstrates in the video.

It’s funny that you don’t get the 6th vapirism rune though… that 6 piece bonus is just such garbage that it’s better to just get additional stats.

protection injection is too nice to give up for just 10% of rifle damage imo. As it is , I really need the extra defence with my low toughness and it allows some room for error when fighting cc warriors and chain fearing necros or and heavy cc users.
And yes, 6th vampirism rune is horrible.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

The fact alone that you can use your toolbelt heal while in mist form (as of a month ago when I used them last, post Elixir s nerf) makes it far from garbage.

The main problem with 6 piece Vamparism is the unreliability of them triggering. I’ve always suspected that could be helped by stacking vitality to raise the 10% trigger point, but I never tested it because I like my toughness too much.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Tyrus.7065

The fact alone that you can use your toolbelt heal while in mist form (as of a month ago when I used them last, post Elixir s nerf) makes it far from garbage.

The main problem with 6 piece Vamparism is the unreliability of them triggering. I’ve always suspected that could be helped by stacking vitality to raise the 10% trigger point, but I never tested it because I like my toughness too much.

The class which I have trouble against are condi necros.6th vampirism rune will just help them lock you out IMHO.

in Engineer

Yamsandjams.3267

The class which I have trouble against are condi necros.6th vampirism rune will just help them lock you out IMHO.

That’s my experience as well, although I wasn’t aware that toolbelt skills still worked while in mist. I’ve only really used the vamp runes on necro, and they’d usually either cancel my healing skill I was in the middle of using or take me out of plauge/lich form if I got too low while in those forms.

The crappy things about such effects is that you can’t use them when you need them. Mist form is useful for countering bursts, but the 6th vamp rune bonus will likely happen after the burst has already hit and you’re pretty much as good as dead.

It would be different if you could still use your skills while in the vamp mist, then it would be pretty good and would justify the 10% HP trigger, but otherwise it can just get in the way of what you’re trying to do. It can even stop you from killing someone if you hit low health while your opponent is also nearly dead, possibly giving them the opportunity to heal. Or even if it triggered on being stunned once every minute or something, that might be more worthwhile then the 10% HP thing.