Engineer Rotation

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

I’m thinking of finishing my Engineer I was wondering what the rotation is, spamming 6 through 10 and then f1 through f5 while hitting what ever comes off cool down?

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Can you use skill names? :p

M I L K B O I S

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Be more specific lol how did you even think anyone would understand

I’m guessing this is a troll post since he said spamming through heal skill to elite so he’s probably kitten with engis

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Even with the joke, I think you are mostly right, Beard.

There are some “rotations” for engie, but nobody really uses them, because we have so many available skills that is better to just pick the most useful for the specific moment.

It all depends on which game mode are you playing, and which build you are using…

The basic is as follows:

Weapon AAs on Engie are weak, with the exception of the hammer. Kits AAs aren’t bad, but aren’t that strong either. Grenade AA is one of the most used, because DPS, followed by Flamethrower, for tagging mobs. Bomb could be good, but is static.

Many engie skills offer fields, and many offer finishers. A good Engie will be using the combo system all the time.
Example combos:

For healing: Healing Turret > Cleansing Burst (Water Field) > any blast finisher > Detonate Turret.

For might: Orbital Strike > FT Napalm or Fire Bomb(Fire fields, must be deployed before orbital hits) > any blast finisher.

On the other extreme, you have some real tight rotations that, If perfectly executed and in the perfect circumstances, will simply destroy your opponents. They usually don’t work with real enemies that move around and try to stop you.
They are nice to see, anyway.
Condi rotation example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxSMg8psXbE&feature=youtu.be&t=126

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Oldirtbeard.9834

There are some “rotations” for engie, but nobody really uses them, because we have so many available skills that is better to just pick the most useful for the specific moment.

It all depends on which game mode are you playing, and which build you are using…

The basic is as follows:

Weapon AAs on Engie are weak, with the exception of the hammer. Kits AAs aren’t bad, but aren’t that strong either. Grenade AA is one of the most used, because DPS, followed by Flamethrower, for tagging mobs. Bomb could be good, but is static.

Many engie skills offer fields, and many offer finishers. A good Engie will be using the combo system all the time.
Example combos:

For healing: Healing Turret > Cleansing Burst (Water Field) > any blast finisher > Detonate Turret.

For might: Orbital Strike > FT Napalm or Fire Bomb(Fire fields, must be deployed before orbital hits) > any blast finisher.

On the other extreme, you have some real tight rotations that, If perfectly executed and in the perfect circumstances, will simply destroy your opponents. They usually don’t work with real enemies that move around and try to stop you.
Condi rotation example:

So I guess Flame tlThrower 1 puts down a fire field then, followed
By the rest you mentioned?

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Oldirtbeard.9834

I was just browsing GW2 Reddit and I found this.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5f36nq/returning_newbie_disappointed_in_engineer_class/

Looks like my assumption was correct.
Drop Healing Turret, cycle through kits hitting 5 through 2.

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

There is no rotation, skill use is very very situational… tough uppon switching to a kit … there is no reason not to quickly use atleast a few others from that kit… which removes much of the fun right now for me….

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Makes me wonder what would happen with us if the Grenade kit got nerfed to oblivion…

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

I mostly agree with lordbachus. Depending on how good you know your kits and skills, you should be able to create your own roatations while in combat. Using standard, pre-defined rotations locks away flexibility. Few hours ago I’ve given the new nightmare fractal a try and the first legendary was quite challenging. However due to my experience and knowledge about my class, I was able to create some working rotations while in combat. I also learned its mechanics that way. This is how I like to play the engineer and the game itself. Not reading a stupid pre-written guide made by a beta-tester and a dev to assure you do not run into any try&error situations at all. Just enter the combat and experience, learn and adapt what is necessary for victory.

I have to admit that I have a few rotations, for healing and might stacking. But those work with the thumper turret. Also I do not use the healing turret. Although I may play my engineer wrong in your opinion, I still love it ^^.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Looks like my assumption was correct.
Drop Healing Turret, cycle through kits hitting 5 through 2.

made me laugh

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Oldirtbeard.9834

I mostly agree with lordbachus. Depending on how good you know your kits and skills, you should be able to create your own roatations while in combat. Using standard, pre-defined rotations locks away flexibility. Few hours ago I’ve given the new nightmare fractal a try and the first legendary was quite challenging. However due to my experience and knowledge about my class, I was able to create some working rotations while in combat. I also learned its mechanics that way. This is how I like to play the engineer and the game itself. Not reading a stupid pre-written guide made by a beta-tester and a dev to assure you do not run into any try&error situations at all. Just enter the combat and experience, learn and adapt what is necessary for victory.

I have to admit that I have a few rotations, for healing and might stacking. But those work with the thumper turret. Also I do not use the healing turret. Although I may play my engineer wrong in your opinion, I still love it ^^.

I’m sorry but there shouldn’t be any class in any game with such a high skill floor, it’s a failure in design; now a high skill ceiling makes sense but you shouldn’t need a PHD in gaming to learn a class.

Engineer Rotation

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

The basic is as follows:

Example combos:

Condi rotation example:

So I guess Flame tlThrower 1 puts down a fire field then, followed
By the rest you mentioned?

All you need is to read are the tooltips. They say when a skill has a field or a finisher.

FT1 doesn’t give a fire field. Napalm (FT4) does.

You use Orbital Strike first (Its the toolbelt skill from Mortar Kit) and before the laser lands, you lay the fire field you want where the laser is going to hit. Then you blast a finisher, like FT 2, over the field, gaining might, and when Orbital Strike impact you have a second blast, gaining more might.

In theory, you could blast 2 turrets, FT2, Orbital Strike and Big Old Bomb in the same fire field, gaining stupid amounts of might… but it would be really stressing. It is up to you, though. The beauty of the Engie is that (as long as you don’t expect to be meta) you can choose the playstyle that suits you the most.

I play Rifle, Healing Turret, FT and Elixir Gun, blasting might and heal every time I can. The rest varies according to need: Stealth Gyro for skipping mobs, Mortar for range and Orbital, nades for Grenade Barrage dps burst, Ram when I want to CC everything.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks