Engineer & Rune of the Defender

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Hey all.

It appears yesterday’s patch introduced a new rune set, Defender:

(1) +25 Healing
(2) When you block a foe’s attack, gain 1 second of regeneration.
(3) +50 Healing
(4) When you use a heal skill, gain aegis for 5 seconds (Cooldown: 10s)
(5) +100 Healing
(6) When you block a foe’s attack, heal yourself (Cooldown: 30s)

Thoughts? Seems like it might work well with engineers.

Edit: It isn’t yet on the wiki, but I did find a Dulfy link with minimal information. You can buy the recipe directly off the TP. http://db.dulfy.net/item/68482

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

dunno, it looks too self centered for a healing rune set.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I was worried of the same, but it may not be a bad BK+TK WvW zerg rune for engineers. We don’t really have much to go with these days. I’ve personally been using a Forgeman set that synergizes with Protection Injection … but that’s somewhat mediocre. Other than Melandru and Hoelbrak, we don’t have much to go by and this may be a great alternative.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

If you mean for roaming, then no, there are better alternatives.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

No, I don’t see the advantage of going so tanky for roaming purposes—especially with all the Fresh Air abusers floating around. This was purely for zerg consideration.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

No, I don’t see the advantage of going so tanky for roaming purposes—especially with all the Fresh Air abusers floating around. This was purely for zerg consideration.

Hmmm, only if your running dedicated healing stuffs like Elixer gun constantly.

An Ele would benefit more.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Engineer

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

OMG is this in PVP?

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I think so. I haven’t been online yet today to check … If someone could.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

This would make engi bunker so over powered. If someone can check I’d love to know.

in Engineer

Posted by: FinalJustice.5824

FinalJustice.5824

This could be great in combination with Med Kit + Armor Mods + Go for the Eyes! Might try to go full ham and use Sigil of Blood too :p

(edited by FinalJustice.5824)

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

This would make engi bunker so over powered. If someone can check I’d love to know.

This set is not in PvP! And even if it was, it wouldn’t be that good on a bunker Engi anyway! First bunker Engis themselves aren’t that good because of a lack of stability! The whole point of a bunker is to stay on node and stomp/revive! You can’t do any of these things without stab! Second, Engis are extremely vulnerable to condis and if you stay on node as a bunker should, you will be condi bombed! Third, 1 sec of regen is pretty poor incentive to use a major defensive cooldown and even if you count the aegis procs you get, it’s only like an extra 700 healing every minute as opposed to something like Backpack Regen which is almost 8000! That’s pretty bad! Lastly, I don’t know how much the 6 piece bonus heals for, but unless it’s a major heal 30 seconds cooldown is too long! Melandru is still a way better rune for bunker Engis if you do decide to bunk! I have and I can hold off 1v2s for a long time but I can just do the same thing as a condi Engi except I’ll be able to beat people instead of stalemate!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

This set is not in PvP! And even if it was, it wouldn’t be that good on a bunker Engi anyway! First bunker Engis themselves aren’t that good because of a lack of stability! The whole point of a bunker is to stay on node and stomp/revive! You can’t do any of these things without stab! Second, Engis are extremely vulnerable to condis and if you stay on node as a bunker should, you will be condi bombed! Third, 1 sec of regen is pretty poor incentive to use a major defensive cooldown and even if you count the aegis procs you get, it’s only like an extra 700 healing every minute as opposed to something like Backpack Regen which is almost 8000! That’s pretty bad! Lastly, I don’t know how much the 6 piece bonus heals for, but unless it’s a major heal 30 seconds cooldown is too long! Melandru is still a way better rune for bunker Engis if you do decide to bunk! I have and I can hold off 1v2s for a long time but I can just do the same thing as a condi Engi except I’ll be able to beat people instead of stalemate!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Without your build I can’t critique you.

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i dont think shes looking for a critique

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

How big is the heal on block?

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

i dont think shes looking for a critique

Well she critiqued me! I wanted to return the favor!

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Seems like it could have potential to be a decent rune for commanding or large group running in WvW.

The regeneration has no ICD at all. I ran into a keep with just my static shield up and got 32s of regeneration.

I also found the aegis every 10s to be valuable.

I also found the AoE poison field of

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Blight

To be interestingly handy.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

in Engineer

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Seems like it could have potential to be a decent rune for commanding or large group running in WvW.

The regeneration has no ICD at all. I ran into a keep with just my static shield up and got 32s of regeneration.

I also found the aegis every 10s to be valuable.

I also found the AoE poison field of

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Blight

To be interestingly handy.

Between static shield and gear shield you can get so much regen if this rune were in PvP. You’d be like healing signet warrior when they were so OP before nerf.

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

hmm

i think sigil of blight will be good on engi.
i dont think defender runes will.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Eh I don’t think blight will be that good for Engi in PvP, but it really depends on how much poison is applied per tick! If it’s only 2 seconds of poison every 8 seconds assuming they stand in the field then I think it will be pretty bad! Doom has 6 seconds of poison every 9 seconds with the duration going up to 7 by just going 30 explosives, which every meta build runs! It’s impossible for blight to go up because the field expires after 2 seconds! You’d need 100% condi duration for it to go up to 4 seconds and even then Doom will be better!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

nah not in pvp, blight is rng. having control over a longer single target poison is better for pvp. but in wvw… well its aoe, so itll be great for someone throwing nades at a zerg pretty much no matter what.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

The 6th bonus heal is significant. The guardian forums were talking somewhere around 4.2k, but I don’t know how much of that is from healing power (nor what hpow they were running).

Fishsticks

in Engineer

Posted by: MrTJpwnz.4710

MrTJpwnz.4710

The bonus 1 regeneration is 2 seconds instead of 1. There is no internal cooldown.
The bonus 4 triggers after the heal from bonus 6.
The bonus 6 heals for 3920 + 0.6 * Healing Power at level 80.

the notes of the rune on wiki. You can say alot but that heal rocks pretty hard. 0.6 * healing power is also alot. It’s like 75%+ (depending on your healing power) of what you would get from your healing turret (without the blast finisher). Also it appears that you get aegis when you block an attack cause bonus 4 triggers on bonus 6 of the rune. Which means that it is counted as a healing skill. So it would also work with traits like enhance performance (gain might on use healing skill).

in Engineer

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

I love this rune on my SD engie !!

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !