Engineer Solo Roaming Video - WvW || Mouby

in Engineer

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

Hey guys,

Since i decided to take a little break of tournaments and spvp in general i was going to start playing wvw and had quite some fun with it. Most of the time i’m solo roaming with my engineer at the moment.

I’ve recorded some of my gameplay. The content shows mostly average stuff out of two days of recording (if you guys like it i’ll do more with better gameplay, better music etc! I’m thankful for every viewer/like/comment)

The video was made for fun, i hope you’ll enjoy it.

I’ve played three different builds in this video.

1. Node-Defender (rocketboots instead of elixir r, especially for wvw and after the nerf…)
(http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V;4cPVv0c-BRFx0;9;4T9-J94275;305-5;0Es0;3LPd_LPd_;0kI-M;4VX-d0h1l2sZy4;9;9;9;9;9;9;87s5F)

2. Condition-Nades (with my lovely rocketboots)
(http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V;4cPVg0l6BRFx0;9;4T9-J947A5;305-5;0Es0;3LPd_LPd_;0kIcA;4VX-d0h1l2sZy4;9;9;9;9;9;9;87s5x)

3. Static-Discharge
(http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-V;4cPFn0l6gSFx0;9;5T-9T;1358;10;0517I;9;4FI;6VOVTWYXcYi3o4;9;9;9;9;9-kkkkkk;9;0VR-6k)

If you have any questions or suggestions, leave a comment or whisper me ingame.

(moved this to engineer forum)

in Engineer

Posted by: PianoFights.6243

PianoFights.6243

Really enjoyed watching this. Good work Mouby!

I can’t abide this thread sinking softly into the annals of Engineer forum history without a single comment.
Your survivability while running these high damage builds is impressive. Do you find your get enough condition removal from Healing Turret alone?

I notice that, like me, you can’t run a build in WvW without both Speedy Kits and Invigorating speed

Neln – Engineer on Seafarer’s Rest

in Engineer

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

One of the best engi video i’ve ever seen.

Really great, thanks!

in Engineer

Posted by: waikiki.4129

waikiki.4129

Great video’s, I’ve been using the same 2 builds ( node control and condi grenades with toolkit) to great succes. which trinkets are you using since you are not using veggy pizza. Do you have such low crit chance without food?

in Engineer

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

Very inspiring!
Tell me, what juwels do you wear?

in Engineer

Posted by: Recipe.4769

Recipe.4769

Very nice video. And indeed, great fun to watch. I’m still a n00b in engineering (just starterd a toon) but that will change :-) Your vid will help a bit :-)

Thanks and have fun :-)

in Engineer

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

I’ll try out that static discharge build you’re using looks interesting and I am working on my second gear set to be power based.
Good video, nice choice of music usually don’t like those PVP video music.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

Sry guys, i did think the thread has died already.^^

Well i’m really thankful to get at least some positive feedback.

@PianoFights: It’s quite hard to fight (for example) necros atm, especially because you only have your heal turret for cond remove. Most of the time i try to cc (shield 4+5, FT 3, magnetic bomb, rifle 4, toolbelt pull etc) them as much as possible. If you take them down very fast it doesn’t really matter though. With static discharge it’s even harder imo (many ppl are very lucky with rnd dodges).
And ye, you have to be really mobile in wvw, especially with those 30+ zergs chasing you (one of the reasons i love rocketboots <3) <.<

@waikiki, I’m using rabid stats for my trinkets as well. I’ve added the food i’m using to the links below the video. Actually i’ve just started playing wvw, i didn’t play any kind of pve/wvw for about half a year, so i didn’t have any clue about bufffood and just picked some food with a decent cost-effectiveness. (Got about 40% crit chance without any food).

@Assassin, I’m using rabid stuff all the way for my condition builds and zerker (Berserker’s Amulet etc) stuff for my static discharge build.

@Recipe, I’m sure you’ll be a excellent engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Llanowar.1603

Llanowar.1603

Don’t get discouraged! Keep making videos this was really great to watch.

in Engineer

Posted by: capnkewl.5019

capnkewl.5019

nice video! Those are some classic builds (with the newly improved rocket boots) What’s great about this video is that it showcases various builds. I think that’s the best part about engineer, is the variety. All builds work, they may not be the best, but you can adjust them to your play style.

in Engineer

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

You can use veggie Pizza for enhanced condi duration OR lemongrass for -40% Condi duration on yourself. That helps at least a little against Necros. With this said and your CC strategy, I think you have quite a solid chance against them!

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Nice video, defiantly a big plus for using multiple specs, helped keep things from getting repetative

You can use veggie Pizza for enhanced condi duration OR lemongrass for -40% Condi duration on yourself. That helps at least a little against Necros. With this said and your CC strategy, I think you have quite a solid chance against them!

Koi cakes do the same thing as the pizza and are less expensive (although they do last 20m V 30m). I loaded up on 2k+ of them while the event was still going on.

Poultry and leek soup give -36% cond duration, +60 vit and is also far less expensive than the -40%, +70 vit version. In many cases it will still prevent the same number of condition damage ticks.

Since I mostly WvW and always run foods, I try to make it as low cost while maintaining good buffs ^^

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Great vid, now I have to go buy zerker gear.

in Engineer

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

Wanted to bump this in appreciation. Great 1vN’s, solid builds and good editing to boot.

[TKG] Mollify

in Engineer

Posted by: George Steel.1804

George Steel.1804

Thank you for this.

Amazing video.. enjoyed watching it. Time to try out your point defender (burn focused) spec for myself

EDIT: Did very much enjoy the variety of different showcased builds too.

Platinum – Guardian
Technical Strength – Engineer
Dungeon Master – FotM 46

in Engineer

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

Great video,i enjoyed it a lot.Hope you make some more.

BTW: rocket boots,i thought they work different,when i tryed last time,they were throwing you backside and even had a tiny knockdown on myself.Is it new,or some old video?

OTAN guild,WSR server

in Engineer

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Great video,i enjoyed it a lot.Hope you make some more.

BTW: rocket boots,i thought they work different,when i tryed last time,they were throwing you backside and even had a tiny knockdown on myself.Is it new,or some old video?

That’s the old function of them. I believe it was a stun breaker as well. The changed it recently so you fly forward instead.

in Engineer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

bumping this because its the reason I ever made an engineer