Engineer Speed?

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Speedy Kits (Minor Tool Trait) + Rocket Boots, and you won’t be behind anyone ever!

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Physical Chess.6145

Physical Chess.6145

In my experience we are fine compared to other classes. I run an aoe shutdown build that I use in frontlines of zergs to break up the enemy zerg frontline and have no trouble keeping pace with zerg. Thief and ele are not worth comparing to since they are all about mobility. But with speedy kits we can get perma-swiftness plus medkit has a swiftness skill. Even if not using medkit there is no downside to swapping heal to medkit and using stimulant then swapping back immediately to your preferred heal. And yes that does require a trait which can be less than ideal however it can be paired with trait in alchemy for perma vigor or you can switch to something else before a fight begins if you’re in a zerg since usually there is a bit of a pause, not the best solution I’m aware but can be fine. Also even if I don’t want to include rocket boots in my build I will temporarily switch to them for that great distance closer when running. Or you can switch to slick shoes if not already using, use toolbelt skill for speed boost and switch back without having to wait on recharge. We may not have swiftness available in a weapon skill but that is fine with me given limited weapon options, and although we don’t have something like signet of the locust, air or shadows (think those are all correct names) we are pretty fine, if you’re build doesn’t happen to go at least 10 points into tools traitline however it can be annoying but you can usually manage pretty well if you are willing to swap in and out, not suggesting you do as that could be annoying but it’s what I do if I feel the need for speed boost and don’t have speedy kits.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Why are Engineers so slow in comparison to other classes. It’s so easy to fall behind others in WvW. Is there any hope of a speed increase!?

You clearly have no idea how to play engineer ….i find all the other classes completely slow compared to the Engi beside a few weaponsets and even then a box of caltrops or glue shot will leave them once again in the dust…

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

We may not have that ultra burst of speed that allows us to chase or run away like thieves and elementalists, but we have speedy kits. Gives us perma-swiftness. It is not as a big deal in PvE, but in WvW it is a necessity.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

10/10 Trolling.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

minimum 10 into Tools will get u “Speedy Kits” which is Swiftness every 5 seconds when you equip a kit. Another 10 into Alchemy for “Invigorating Speed” gives you Vigor (Regen endurance/dodge bar faster) anytime you get swiftness. Great for moving around & keeping up with others. From there you can put points into what works for you.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

kokocabana.8153

I should have mentioned I’m new to Guild Wars 2. I wasn’t trying to troll. Tips would be useful though. For example what traits should I max out first seeing as I’m not 80 yet, what’s a good endgame build. I’ve been doing WvW to level and I just usually fall behind.

10 points into Tools for speedy kits. Bind it to something you can click/press on easily while moving so you can keep switching back and forth for swiftness.

As for endgame build, it all depends on what skills/kits you enjoy using together. Then find traits that focus on improving those skills/kits and then get gear that will support them.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I should have mentioned I’m new to Guild Wars 2. I wasn’t trying to troll. Tips would be useful though. For example what traits should I max out first seeing as I’m not 80 yet, what’s a good endgame build. I’ve been doing WvW to level and I just usually fall behind.

Ah, ok.

Here’s what to do:

Go to this build calculator link:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQBUSnu5lvLqXRiRK6MnFVI/A

From the traits I have chosen here, you will have permanent swiftness via kit switching, rocket boots every 16 seconds, and super speed that can be used to increase your speed in combat, as well as increase the distance on rocket boots to 1450.

Tell me what kit you want to use, and what you want to do and then I can help you build the rest.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Ah figures why you said engies are slow , also clicking is your friend never bind skills to your mouse . 10 in Tools for Speed Kits will have you leading the pack , gl out there on Engie

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: BlinkTwice.7932

BlinkTwice.7932

I personally lead half the time with the before mentioned combo of Speedy kits and Rocket boots/ or slick shoes tool belt skill

lvl 80 Bunker Engi Brooke Allana

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Additionally, if you’re running around in WvW, be sure to swap your healing skill to the med kit (if you don’t already use it), pull it out, drop the stimulant to give you swiftness, and swap it back to your normal healing skill. This way, you can get some additional speed without having to blow a cooldown. You can do the same thing with the toolbelt skills, using toss elixir B (from elixir B utility) and super speed (from slick shoes), and then swap those utilities back to the ones you were originally using. That can help you maintain a bit of speed.

Otherwise, elect to take speedy kits, or build some boon duration and use elixirs (which can grant swiftness when used).

Engineers can do fairly well in macro-mobility, but we’re one of the worst with micro-mobility.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Daingerous.5803

Daingerous.5803

Ah figures why you said engies are slow , also clicking is your friend never bind skills to your mouse . 10 in Tools for Speed Kits will have you leading the pack , gl out there on Engie

I complete disagree, I have my auto attack, loot, heal skill, weapon swap, and a utility skill all on my mouse. While everything else is bound around WSAD. Its too hard reaching for that #5. lol

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Daingerous.5803

Daingerous.5803

How do you put skills on your mouse, is it because you have the mouse with the numbers on the side?

You just change the key bindings in the options. I have a 13 button mouse, but you can get 5 button ones. To be honest, I dont even use all 13. I used a 5 button mouse when I played WoW and it got me by just fine.

Here it is: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Logitech+-+G700s+Rechargeable+Laser+Gaming+Mouse+-+Black/8785461.p?id=1218893504509&skuId=8785461#tab=overview

It haves 4 thumb buttons, the top two, GW2 recognizes, but the bottom two, I had to use the software that came with the mouse to have them “act” as a keyboard press for example Ctrl-C. Then in GW2 I bound my healing skill to Ctrl-C, so that when I hit the button on the mouse I heal.

Hope that helps. Message me if you want to know more.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Super Speed Rocket Boots combo is pretty great.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

kokocabana.8153

I have a razor mouse but it only has two extra thumb buttons. You can also bind the mousewheel click. I personally don’t like the mouse with the whole numpad on the side. You’re relying completely on one thumb to press all your skills and leaving your left hand with nothing to do but control movement.
Here’s my keybinds:
1=1, 2=q, 3=e, 4=r, 5=2
healing=g
utilities=2 mouse thumb buttons and mousewheel
toolbelt=z, x, c, v
I can easily keep swiftness by pressing on my thumb button over and over.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Wow, I love the Engineer’s perma-swiftness compared to my Mesmer. It’s such a nice and relaxed setup because I can actually get anywhere without having my offhand weapon forced onto me (and my rune setup).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: MandJ.8965

MandJ.8965

What?? Rocketboots, superspeed, perma swiftness. We don’t need more speedskills. The things we have now, are awesome!

Momekas
Momekas Namu

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: SimonTemplar.2345

SimonTemplar.2345

new to this, can anyone translate this to English?

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Put 2 trait points into the Tools trait line and get Speedy Kits! Every 10 seconds when you use a kit, you gain 10 seconds of swiftness! That’s permanent swiftness! Use the Rocket Boots utility for even more mobility! Use Elixir Gun’s Acid Bomb for even more mobility! You’ll have to about face or manually turn your camera for that skill though!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Elmori.7369

Elmori.7369

Keeping up with the rest shouldn’t be a problem with speedy kits out of combat but it becomes more of a challenge in combat. Other classes whirl or leap through enemy zergs to quickly get to the backline (or to safety if they kittened up).

Traiting e.g. Speedy kits, Power Shoes and Invigorating Speed will get you a long way speeding things up, but you’ll have to slot a few things extra to get you from a vulnerable location to the safety of your group. If it’s toolkit #4, elixir gun #4, elixir s, rocket boots, moar dodges, or even mist form using runes is your choice to make.

Not my video but gives some idea how you can negate damage and reach your friends under significant pressure (0:22-1:07):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeD5yRL2i3Q&feature=youtu.be

SFR Engineer Bozwai

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

rifle/medkit/rocketboots/slickshoes/elixir gun, speedy kits/reduced cds on gadgets/rifle/elixir gun, now figure out how to quicly combo it all together and out run anything in game

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: acapela.2468

acapela.2468

As of July 2015, This thread still pops up as Google’s top search result for “engineer speed”.

All of the traits-related information in this thread (and much of the skill-related information as well) now appears to be obsolete, after the major specialization changes of June 2015.

About the only viable option I can find now is to equip the “Med Kit” healing skill, activate it, and use the resulting skill #4 (“Throw Accelerant”… squirt it at max range in front of you as you run, then run over it; it takes a moment to fly and land so it needs to be out ahead of you a bit).

This has a relatively short cooldown, resulting in a fairly high uptime for the resulting speedup.

Unfortunately, the healing available via the “Med Kit” is not very useful to an 80 (minimal utility relative to a 20K+ health pool). I end up swapping “Med Kit” out for other healing skills as soon as I am done “travelling”, and have to remember to do this before segueing into combat.

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

Thread-romancy much… If it’s obsolete, as you’ve identified….leave it to die!

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I don’t know what shocks me more… that this thread was necro’d, or that people have been Googling “engineer speed”…

Engineer Speed?

in Engineer

Posted by: Hoshinohi.1896

Hoshinohi.1896

? Speedy Kits was useful before but now i wouldn*t prefer it anymore as the other traits of tools do not fit my playstyle

I prefer inventions! Mecha Legs is a very nice trait that gives 25% permanent speedbuff and also reduces the time of imobelize, chill and cripple. The other side is that the traits are both offensive and defensive ones allowing a perfect combination. grandmaster of choice is bunker down with a medkit and mine drop every 2 seconds on crit hits. U get additional regeneration during any healingskill u use healpowerbuff during regeneration …..