Engineer Sword (or mace; it could be either)

in Engineer

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Because why not.

Note:

• Positive Charge and Electric Charge are new, unique conditions. They can be cleansed and they stack in duration. They deal no damage on their own.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

sword on engi seems like a meh idea… but, i really really like ur idea!!

in Engineer

Swagg.9236

sword on engi seems like a meh idea… but, i really really like ur idea!!

Actually, it might work better as a mace since the form of the mace better fits the shape of the Van de Graaf generator which is more flavor-friendly to the skill set. I guess it really doesn’t matter since damage types don’t exist in this game (what a shame).

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

I’m still a big fan of hammer on the engineer. It seems a better choice to me since you need a hammer to tinker niche little gadgets, dinkydoodles and turrets ^^. Plus I’d really like another two handed weapon.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Honestly, I simply want a MH weapon that is not condition/control based. Condition weapons suck so bad at times. I hate going into an event, dungeon, or WvW and hitting and object, then having it remind me how bad conditions functioning is with regards to objects.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Swagg.9236

Honestly, I simply want a MH weapon that is not condition/control based. Condition weapons suck so bad at times. I hate going into an event, dungeon, or WvW and hitting and object, then having it remind me how bad conditions functioning is with regards to objects.

Well, the skill set is pretty control-ly given that the idea sprang out of a discussion between guildmate and I discussing regarding the electric floor room towards the end of the new TA path and how you can get launched from safety pads depending on your charge. However, I still thought that there should be enough straight damage left to give it enough heft if someone just wanted to beat mobs up with it, so there is quite a bit of raw damage—just with the option of control depending on the player’s choice of rotation.

You know, I get depressed when I think about this stuff given the remote chance of it ever really happening.

I’m still a big fan of hammer on the engineer. It seems a better choice to me since you need a hammer to tinker niche little gadgets, dinkydoodles and turrets ^^. Plus I’d really like another two handed weapon.

Yeah, I’m honestly still rooting for hammer. From what I’ve seen, it looks like the best bet for a new Engineer weapon and it could really be great since it would give Engineers a reliable main-hand cleave weapon and maybe some more chase options. I just had a conversation with a guildmate that turned into a theoretical Engineer weapon, and I felt like posting it here.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

What you’ve posted here looks pretty nice! There are a ton of options for the hammer on the engineer. Now let’s hope Arenanet sees it ..

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks