Engineer WVW issues

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Hello Engineer Community:

In the past I’ve come here looking for help with smashing results.

I play a condition / perplexity Engineer.

Tonight was probably the worst I’ve felt in a long time or possibly ever in GW2 / WVW.
I’ve never felt so terrible, useless, and demoralized.

Started out with the ruins in my BL. Trying to keep / recapture them. One of the opposing sides had a major buff, and we had a minor buff. I wasn’t able to get many favorable situations, and even when I did I felt outplayed or outclassed.

I decided to switch to taking camps back. Similar results ensued.

I don’t think my build is the issue. I am using same build as Yishi is using. Clearly I am not nearly as skilled a player.

So Is it the skill cap on Engineer? My play needs improvement, that isn’t news to me. But is the skill cap very high on Engineer?

Is it simply the bloodlust stacks? I didn’t think this the case necessarily but it is a possibility.

Is it something else? I simply don’t know. All I know is I feel very defeated right now. Perhaps Engineer isn’t the class for me. I’ve put considerable work into the character and do not relish the thought of giving up.

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I play a condition / perplexity Engineer.

I’ve never felt so terrible, useless, and demoralized.

Maybe don’t play the cheesiest build possible and you’ll feel better about yourself

In all seriousness though I can’t imagine why you’re having trouble using those runes. No one can keep up with that amount of confusion application, are you just having bad luck running into zergs or something? You never really said specifically what kind of fights you’re having trouble with.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

KOPPER.1458

Sorry I wasn’t more clear.

1 v 1 and 2 v 1 situations.
I am not able to kill them fast enough before large amounts of support arrive and I am run down.

Perhaps I am not using the runes properly. Maybe they just have tons of removal, Not entirely sure.

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

When used right that build is hard to beat 1v1 but it relies on interrupts and people know to look for it now. Maybe you just had a bad night, from experience pvp is 50% skill and 50% mojo, or groove or whatever it is you get when you smash people and feel good about it.

On bad days I pve lol

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

bloodlust makes little difference in my experience. an extra player, a good player or simply the wrong class getting involved in a fight is alot more impactful than bloodlust.

somedays it all just goes wrong :p

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

1. lol perplexity

2. Skillcap is high.

3. Zergs will be zergs. Learn to avoid them.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

KOPPER.1458

I’ll keep at it. Perhaps the skillcap is too high for me. I’m an average player.

It wasn’t really a zerg. I guess it depends how you define a zerg.

Not sure I understand the “lol perplexity” comment. Because it’s considered cheesie by some?

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I’ll keep at it. Perhaps the skillcap is too high for me. I’m an average player.

It wasn’t really a zerg. I guess it depends how you define a zerg.

Not sure I understand the “lol perplexity” comment. Because it’s considered cheesie by some?

It’s brokenly OP. The 6th effect is more powerful than any confusion applying skill in the game.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

whats your build? Using Perplexity you should be taking P/S and Flamethrower at the very least, taking Toolbelt could help as well.

Personally i dont think Perplexity is HUGELY overpowered, like game changing match winning over powered. The 6/6 is really the only problem and that could be fixed easily 5-10second cool down or even changing it to increase Confusion damage would be solid as well.

I personally think warrior is the worst for it when combined with Distracting Strikes. As it is 8/9 stacks of confusion EVERY interrupt. Now THAT is over powered.

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

KOPPER.1458

http://youtu.be/QQd53qlCvo8

using the build in there.

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

Removal wouldn’t be helping them much as they still get slapped with at least 900 damage per removal which you can reapply very quickly…

Honestly, I don’t think it’s the stats either they make some difference, but not all that much, especially if you’re running runes as disgustingly OP as perplexity. I would try to focus on getting off more interrupts to continue stacking more confusion.

If you want to improve your skills sPvP is the place to do it. Be a decent human being and drop the perplexity runes too, the less people ruining everyone elses fun the better.

The 6/6 is really the only problem and that could be fixed easily 5-10second cool down or even changing it to increase Confusion damage would be solid as well.

The 6/6 should be changed to deal 2 stacks on a 15 second cooldown or change the 3/6 and 6/6 to 1 stack each if it has to stack confusion at all.

The +10-20% to confusion damage would be a much more balanced alternative.

(edited by Brew Pinch.5731)

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

http://youtu.be/QQd53qlCvo8

using the build in there.

Never have liked the Bomb and Nade kits. I run a condition build with Perplexity myself. P/S with Flamethrower and Rocket Boots i still cant pick the 3rd some times its flame, some times its rocket turret.

Explosives(10) : V
Firearms(30) : I, VII, VIII
Alchemy(20) : II, VIII
Tools(10) : VI

Works quite well for me.

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

KOPPER.1458

Another day of getting face stomped. Sigh.
I’ll give your build a try tonight Armageddon.

Perhaps I am bad at picking fights. Seems like I start off, 1 v 1 or 2 v 1 and 2 of 3 more arrive before I can kill them. Mostly in the Ruins, maybe it’s the area, maybe my wvw matchup.

Either way thanks for all the input so far, keep it coming. Maybe this isn’t the class for me.

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Another day of getting face stomped. Sigh.
I’ll give your build a try tonight Armageddon.

Perhaps I am bad at picking fights. Seems like I start off, 1 v 1 or 2 v 1 and 2 of 3 more arrive before I can kill them. Mostly in the Ruins, maybe it’s the area, maybe my wvw matchup.

Either way thanks for all the input so far, keep it coming. Maybe this isn’t the class for me.

You could always invest in some Vitality stats? My build uses P/V/T armor with condition based weapons and accessories. with Minor Bloodlust buff i have nearly 22,700 health which helps quite a bit as well.

I also find Medkit to be better than Healing Turret the Toolkit heal is very nice and getting swiftness and fury from Medkit as well as the 3 heals from the medkit and the condition removal as well.

I change elite between SC and EX.

Stats (minor Bloodlust buff adds 50)

Power = 1,471
Crit Chance 33%
Toughness 1,501 (1,701 with FT)
Condition Damage 1,092

I run with Corruption so normally sit around 1,500 with Corruption stacks and 6 stacks of Might when in Flamethrower. I run with Sup Sigil of Earth as well

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

If you want to improve your skills sPvP is the place to do it. Be a decent human being and drop the perplexity runes too, the less people ruining everyone elses fun the better.

Couldn’t agree more with this. I hate that I put so much time into a good solid build, getting all the gear I need for it just to get smashed by someone who slapped 6 of these runes together. It’s your game and you paid for it so play what you want, but for the love of god please want something else.

Speaking of gear, Dire is straight awesome in WvW!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

KOPPER.1458

I am working on a Dire set. Will take some time.

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

The skill cap is high, however if you lose to an engineer as another class hes hugely outplayed out. Engineers are not hard to beat 1v1.

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

If you’re looking for an easier build, I would suggest going with HgH PP + toolkit + B + S. 10/10/10/30/0 (last 10 points you can put into any of the first 3 trees depending on what you like). Boon and/or might duration runes are perfect for this.

It feels much more similar to other classes with a weaponswap (you just use your utility button instead). It’s easy to use and very effective.

I also disagree with Conan… Engs can be very hard to beat 1v1. The class is filled with great counters and flexibility… that’s what makes it one of the best solo classes.

Necromancers are a good counter to Eng… but they don’t solo roam that often. Be aware when you see one… the ones that do solo roam are usually pretty good though. I don’t know why, but you just don’t see many good engineers in WvW for some reason.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Engineer WVW issues

in Engineer

KOPPER.1458

I ended up running with the zerg last night. It was difficult to find fair fights while roaming. I imagine that this has something to do with the attractiveness of the ruins.