Engineer downed not healing

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

So I was playing yesterday and changed to my healy spec for Open World Orr events so I could be at a distance and throw grenades and heal folks.

I was downed before I got to the area several times and noticed something. My throw junk ability 1 actually hit multiple mobs like it was an explosion. Thanks for that.

However I noticed something else while in this build. There was a severely limited range on the explosion. Now I didn’t have time to mouseover the thing to look but when putting traits into the explosive line I choose things like bigger explosions, and the burn effect. Is there no way to allow the #1 ability on our downed bar to be affected by these traits to make them useful? That way we can actually kill the enemies to rally?

I also was in my heal spec which does include explosions have healing abilities. Well imagine my surprise when I noticed that not only does my downed state mini explosions don’t heal, but neither does the booby trap. And when I got back up I tried other abilities. Suddenly the missiles weren’t healing even from the F bar, the big ole bomb didn’t heal, the mine nor the Fkey mine skill didn’t heal.

Is there a new bug or something? Can someone look into why all of these explosions aren’t healing? And can we please get the explosions to heal improve size and damage from the explosive line on our downed state options when specced that way? That right there would be a huge help!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Well to help you out of your dreams but i can tell you that there is NO trait that cause explosians to heal. There is however a trait that causes Bombs to heal. Perhaps you are confused with that? TBH im not sure big ol bomb heals or not, i thought it were only the 1-5 skills from bomb kit, and the dodge roll bomb?

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Elixir-Infused Bombs only affects Bomb Kit attacks.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

That’s something I was thinking about today… EFB should apply to grenades too IMO, and probably mine field. Think of the interesting mechanics it would introduce by healing allies from a far with the grenade kit, maybe pop a mine field and a stack of med kits as a little heal cache off to the side in case you need to double back during a boss fight/PvP for some extra healing.

And maybe take the base healing of the bomb kit and split it between all the grenades/mines so it’s not OP. That’s a seriously kitten trait line at the moment, basically everything in there is terrible if you’re not a turret engi (and even that’s saying a lot). Buffing EFB in this way would make it a little more worthwhile investing all those traits in a kittenty trait line.

(edited by Ameno.6813)

in Engineer

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

and the bomb from runes of the Citadel heals too if I’m not mistaken.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Can you imagine the power of grandes with heal spec Im afraid that would be a bit OP.