Engineer for Post-Ascended Items Release

in Engineer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Currently engineer gear does not apply stats to engineer kits and I was wondering if we are finally going to get this or if we’re just going to have buffed engineer kits and gear is again….. irrelevant.

Anyone have an idea?

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Engineer

Posted by: Alberel Leonhart.9640

Alberel Leonhart.9640

It’s only the weapon that doesn’t get its stats applied. There won’t be any ascended weapons yet so this bug won’t become any more or less of an issue.

in Engineer

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

Yes, there are ascended weapons – legendary weapons are all being upgraded to ascended level stats.

Thus, engineer kits must be upgraded too, otherwise we are indirectly nerfed (also – if ascended weapons end up getting agony resist, we are doubly screwed)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Except there aren’t ascended weapons YET. So if the weapons are actually the last thing to come out, meaning full ascended armor, then we’d actually be more on par.

I wouldn’t worry about something that hasn’t happened yet, and Im more than willing to bet a few gold that Kits will be modified to compesate for this in a patch.

in Engineer

BurnedToast.3781

I was under the impression this patch coming up tomorrow was upgrading legendary items as well. Re-reading, it’s more vague then I originally thought, and it seems like it’s leaning to upgrading them later rather then now.

So I guess we will see what happens then, and hopefully you are right and it won’t be an issue.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I’m fairly certain at some point they’re going to have to address the whole Engineer Kit and Elementalist Summon scenarios with equipment especially with things like Infusions.

It’s likely why they are only rolling out limited Ascended items so far.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Engineer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Currently engineer gear does not apply stats to engineer kits

Kits receive stats. Just not from weapons or sigils. With that said the scaling that the kits “do” have based on stats could still be vastly improved. Not having the stats from weapons/sigils is indeed quite a loss thats a lot of power/precision/crit etc.. (or whatever your prefered stats) that you are not getting.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in Engineer

BurnedToast.3781

No sigils or stats (or upgrades) on kits this patch… but legendaries DID get upgraded to ascended stats.

Surprise!

Edit: apparently legendary weapons being upgraded is a bug, let’s see how quickly they go about fixing it.

(edited by BurnedToast.3781)

in Engineer

Posted by: Amulrei.4973

Amulrei.4973

But hey you got them tooltip fixes right? Not like working sigils or scaling turrets were the things we really wanted.

in Engineer

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

But hey you got them tooltip fixes right? Not like working sigils or scaling turrets were the things we really wanted.

At least we are informed now.