Engineer healing combos

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Posted by: HaoleToke.5691

HaoleToke.5691

Anyone know where I can find all of the engineer healing combos? I know that Healing Turret+Cleansing Burst+Detonate is a good area heal and I want to know if there are anymore like it? Thanks

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Basicly any blast finisher + any water field is a healing combo. For instance orbital strike and the mortar water field Are excellent together! But there are so many different options, too many to write them all down. Just check for a water field and blast finishers for aoe heal and leaps for ego heal.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

HaoleToke.5691

Thanks, that really helped actually. I just found 2 more after you explained that!

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Well I give you some more:

water fields:

• healing turret overcharge
  • healing turret toolbelt (only a short one)
  • mortar 5#

blast finishers:

• any turret (at YOUR location) when you blow them up
  • thumper turret overcharge and then detonate causes 2 blast finishers if the turret couldn’t perform it’s overcharge attack before exploding – one at your location and one at the turrets
  • thumper turret toolbelt
  • bomb kit toolbelt
  • mortar kit toolbelt (traited 2x)
  • shield #4 2nd activation
  • elixier gun #4
  • flame thrower #2 2nd activation or max range
  • mine
  • rocket boots
  • supply crate
  • booby trap (downed #3)
  • dodge bomb (if traited, but noone does this so … :P)

That should be all

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Posted by: GrandHaven.1052

GrandHaven.1052

Don’t forget leaps through water fields work too, heal for more on yourself than a blast actually.

Combo i usee just as im about to deal some nice damge is pop HT F1 and then jump shot.

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

HaoleToke.5691

You mean leap like the Elixir gun skill Acid Bomb?

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Posted by: Sobin.5947

Sobin.5947

That’s a blast finisher

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Regen + Super Elixir + Elixir Shell is a nice rotation of skills to quickly fill up your health. You can add some blast finishers to this as well for even more healing, just make sure to use Elixir Shell before Super Elixir so you get the water field instead of the light field.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

leaps like rifle #5

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Check the tooltip for the skills, Leap finishers are called that, Blast finishers are are called that.

Rifle 5, jump shot is a leap.
Elixir 4, acid bomb is a blast.

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Thx to Xyonon you now have a complete list of our blast-finishers.
As you know, combined with waterfields they heal for 1320 per blast.
But we also have access to most other fields in the game, so the options we have are knda complex.

Here is a complete list with all we have:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Table_of_engineer_combo_skills

And this is a compelling list of what finisher has which effect in which field:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

You should learn both of them, since combining fields + finisher is the thing we’re the best at of all classes. I’d go as far as saying that this is our actual class-mechanic and the main-reason why engineers are so versatile.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

offtopic:

Oh about that – so I’m not crazy – 1320 heal was the blast heal base right!? Oh my I thought I was going nuts … Somehow you have some hidden healing power since the 23th patch. You will always heal with about 1360, even if you have 0 healing power and no traits :< I tested it on many chars and the tooltip just isn’t what it actually is and I doubt any wvw bonuses add healing power :< Am I missing something? xD

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

Until you can prove to me that going full cleric’s works with this build and you can kill decently in full cleric’s it is worthless to me. Show me a build that works with FULL cleric’s gear and wins 1 v 1 fights.

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

offtopic:

Oh about that – so I’m not crazy – 1320 heal was the blast heal base right!? Oh my I thought I was going nuts … Somehow you have some hidden healing power since the 23th patch. You will always heal with about 1360, even if you have 0 healing power and no traits :< I tested it on many chars and the tooltip just isn’t what it actually is and I doubt any wvw bonuses add healing power :< Am I missing something? xD

yea, if you run inventions you’ll get 250 healing power as soon as you have regeneration…
& with the 2nd minor trait you’ll basically always get regeneration when using a healing skill.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

With engineer, you can precast/aftercast blast.
Orbital strike, B’olB, mine, any turret are good for precast.
EG4, FT2 are good for after cast.
HT+OC+Blast is the basic one.

The more I practice it, the less I precast, the more I aftercast (even/especially with (rifle) turret). Because I am never sure what I can manage to do the next 2-3s. But I know for sure what I can do the best right now.

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

Until you can prove to me that going full cleric’s works with this build and you can kill decently in full cleric’s it is worthless to me. Show me a build that works with FULL cleric’s gear and wins 1 v 1 fights.

The meta soldiers hs 300more power. Thats 10 might.
Should be more than possible on clerics if you run elixirs.

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

Posted by: paladinecho.3024

paladinecho.3024

I like your elixir idea, its just how many elixirs you will need to achieve that kind of power and how long it takes in a prolonged battle. They should add back that attack power from healing power converter so it makes up for that missing might. Add that to elixirs and theres a formula for a cleric’s user that actually wins something.

Engineer healing combos

in Engineer

GrandHaven.1052

I like your elixir idea, its just how many elixirs you will need to achieve that kind of power and how long it takes in a prolonged battle. They should add back that attack power from healing power converter so it makes up for that missing might. Add that to elixirs and theres a formula for a cleric’s user that actually wins something.

Ill swap my soldiers for clerics next time i play.
HT, elixir B, elixir S, grenades and then crate/elixir x/ mkit depending on the situation.
Leeching and int sigil.
Strength runes.
Alch 221.
Expl 11 1 or 2 depending.
Tools 221.

(edited by GrandHaven.1052)