Engineer or Elementalist?

in Engineer

Posted by: Arupaka.2756

Arupaka.2756

You have probably seen me post a forum where I asked if I should go Engineer or Necromancer, but I’ve decided against going Necromancer. I quite like the idea of going a bunker Engineer or a control Elementalist, or something like that. Both of these classes are difficult to master but fun to play from what I’ve heard, what do you guys think I should go, and what builds? I’ll be posting this on the Elementalist forum too.

Thank you, ^-^

Blerghhhh.

(edited by Arupaka.2756)

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I’ve been struggling with this choice, myself. :P From what I’ve experienced, Elementalist is more effective at a few key things (damage, healing, maybe tanking), whereas Engineer has a much larger variety of tricks and tools available to them. And, I’d say control is one thing that Engineer wins out on. :P

Bear in mind, my perspective is from PvE. As “bunker” is generally more of a PvP term, I’m not sure that what I said holds true in regards to your particular needs.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arupaka.2756

Arupaka.2756

I’ve been struggling with this choice, myself. :P From what I’ve experienced, Elementalist is more effective at a few key things (damage, healing, maybe tanking), whereas Engineer has a much larger variety of tricks and tools available to them. And, I’d say control is one thing that Engineer wins out on. :P

Bear in mind, my perspective is from PvE. As “bunker” is generally more of a PvP term, I’m not sure that what I said holds true in regards to your particular needs.

If I were engineer I would probably go PP or PS, and for elementalist probably DD or SD, but im yet to look into it more. Does this help?

Blerghhhh.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

If I were engineer I would probably go PP or PS, and for elementalist probably DD or SD, but im yet to look into it more. Does this help?

• These only affect Spvp directly, and you should in no way disregard the rifle on engineer or the staff on elementalist.
  • Atm Engineer wins out on sustained condition dps in pve. That would be your PP setup.
  • Atm Elementalist thanks to Ice Bow is the strongest dps class for power in the game, and it shares those ice bows. But you will have to use staff for that eventually. SD is a pvp burst setup.
  • On the tanking department on points elementalists are currently better. They have better condition mitigation, which is important with all those burns going around atm.
  • Both classes feel similarly keyboard piano, engineer might need slightly more buttonpresses than elementalist and is more varied but at the cost of downsides like not as much condi removal, or projectile destruction, or invuln.

Honestly, main issue with engineers atm is the skill queue bug crippling the often taken Static Discharge trait and that makes comparisons hard. It completely messes up the class gameplay and I can’t believe they would have world tournaments before fixing it.

Keep in mind there are no pve bunkers. It just has no purpose atm.

Honestly, it depends on you: Do you like focus on the elementalist? Then an elementalist bunker could work. That or a staff build.

Do you like to throw grenades on engineer? It’s hard but the payoff is huge and you can’t do without grenades.

Go by what you enjoy more from the feel of it. For sPvP you can make alts all day anyway.

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

(edited by Sold Out.7625)