Engineer race

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: slaughterfest.6250

slaughterfest.6250

Starting a Engi for my second 80, I was wondering which race yall likes for Skins/Armor?
my original idea was a Charr Iron Legion Engineer,fits perfectly in the storyline and etc, but seeing how thatlast until lvl 30, then all the storys merge to fighting the undead, which Endgame race, is most physically appealing? (Human, Charr are my two up and comings)
ANY personal opinions welcome, not looking for someone to Tell me what to do, just looking for yalls side of the story ^^, thanks.

Bane Of The Legions (80 Reaper)
Duke Vindictae (80 Chronomancer)
Pain is temporary, Regret is forever.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

Asura

after you have played the infinity ball story line you srsly wonder why u picked any other race in the game

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Starting a Engi for my second 80, I was wondering which race yall likes for Skins/Armor?
my original idea was a Charr Iron Legion Engineer,fits perfectly in the storyline and etc, but seeing how thatlast until lvl 30, then all the storys merge to fighting the undead, which Endgame race, is most physically appealing? (Human, Charr are my two up and comings)
ANY personal opinions welcome, not looking for someone to Tell me what to do, just looking for yalls side of the story ^^, thanks.

Norn Engineer, great for roaming WvW. Many times has my Become the Leopard escaped an entire zerg.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Iron legion works very well for engineer, and human looks good doing just about anything, so those both would be good picks

I would also definitely recommend Asura- the asuran culture at the start fits the engineer so well that when I first began playing, I assumed there was a starting zone for every race/profession matchup, not just every race

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

I recently started a second engineer (asura) just because they are so hard to see animations for in pvp. I have no idea why i ever made anything else. Asura truly are a master race.

Asura

after you have played the infinity ball story line you srsly wonder why u picked any other race in the game

Yes.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The only ones that don’t make too much sense are norn and sylvari. Then again, this is a game, so you can make any class of any race and throw whatever storyline you want behind it.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

I’ll add my vote for Asura, they look cool and the lore adds up. Also they have some abilities that work well for engi.

Pain inverter is a nice addition to a perplexity engi

Golem is a nice elite if you get sick of supply drop

I play human but my Necro is an Asuran and not a day goes by that I do t wish it was the other way around lol

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

I rolled Iron legion Char at the beginning of the game, and while it does fit really well, and I am attached to my Char. I am absolutely sick of the armor skins, there’s litteraly like 2-3 medium armor choices that actually fit my Char without clipping or floating off my body.

I too regret not choosing Asura as my engi, I’ve thought of rerolling, but its hard to give up a character I’ve spent over a year building.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

Sylvari engineer since day 1 here. The sylvari storyline for the Order of Whispers was great and since the character model is roughly the same as a human most of the armor in the game looks good on me.

Mix of Aetherblade and Twilight Arbor armor skins makes for a great botanical steampunk look that fits the class nicely. I was pretty unique until Scarlet showed up and ripped off my style.

Attachments:

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: slaughterfest.6250

slaughterfest.6250

I just hate how all the medium armor skins look like they’d be a Ranger or a Theif, none of them really look engineer like except Sorrows Embrace armor

Bane Of The Legions (80 Reaper)
Duke Vindictae (80 Chronomancer)
Pain is temporary, Regret is forever.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: NondSwiftshot.9168

NondSwiftshot.9168

Blue Sylvari with a white Mohawk here.. looks pretty cool in my Errol’s armor. Once I get around to it I’m purchasing the Magitech set on the TP and skinning over the Errol’s.

Attachments:

Mkoll Ghost 80 Engineer | Nond Phantasm 80 Mesmer | Nond Swift 80 Ranger
[SG] Shadow Gypsies of Jade Quarry

(edited by NondSwiftshot.9168)

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Joystick.4103

Joystick.4103

You’re asking the wrong questions here. The real question is: why would you be considering anything other than a Charr for an Engineer?

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I just hate how all the medium armor skins look like they’d be a Ranger or a Theif, none of them really look engineer like except Sorrows Embrace armor

T3 Asura cultural armor. More engie than that, only the one bought with gems.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

Who wants to be a big dumb house cat?

Asura all the way.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: BlackKisa.8960

BlackKisa.8960

One more point towards picking asura. I had tried human engie first but the kit backpack was so huge, it was blocking half of her body. Asuran backpacks are very tiny and they actually look quite decent.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I like my charr engineer, but freely admit that I wish I could change him to asuran.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I recently started a second engineer (asura) just because they are so hard to see animations for in pvp. I have no idea why i ever made anything else. Asura truly are a master race.

Asura

Yes.

Asura. And I did this story on my thief and wow just wow.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I actually went sylvari because I love the look of armor on them and as a condi engi that take root is so op so many bleeds.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Another Sylvari engineer here.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Asura. No argument. We look best with our hobosacks.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: NondSwiftshot.9168

NondSwiftshot.9168

Here is an update of my Sylvari wearing his magitech gear.

Attachments:

Mkoll Ghost 80 Engineer | Nond Phantasm 80 Mesmer | Nond Swift 80 Ranger
[SG] Shadow Gypsies of Jade Quarry

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimahn.3568

Arimahn.3568

Don’t pick Charr if you value your armor skins.

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: totalpwnage.6534

totalpwnage.6534

I made my engineer a big ol’ norn male. Wielding a wrench and being the ‘mechanic’ class seemed to fit norn the most for me.

Happylittlevegemite of Darkhaven
Quick Load [LOAD]

Engineer race

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyotee.7851

Kyotee.7851

I love the Charr. I love how they carry their rifle with one hand when running. I love their voice overs, their attitude, and animations. I love hidden pistol in pve.

I hate how armor looks on them. I hate how my shield sticks 2 foot off my back when stowed, or a foot off of my arm.

It’s a love/hate relationship and has me currently playing an Asura and Human (yep both) engineers. But deep, deep down…. I want to be a Charr engineer… =/