Engineer roaming WvWvW without weapon kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Cronkolo.3469

Cronkolo.3469

First, sorry for my english.

After 16 months of game, I will try to play more often in WvWvW. Engineer is my main, and I created at least 8-9 final build for my character. I’m used a WvW-build from 2-3 months, but is a support build with very low damage. Now I want try a build for roaming in solo or small group (3-5 players).

But… there’s a “but”.
I’m really, really boring of some mechanic of our profession, that “impose” to use some skill/trait for have an efficient build. Particulary, I refer to weapon kits. Bomb kit, grenade kit, tools kit… all useful, but I want something of different. With all the risks involved.

I created a build based on the rifle and Gadgets (yes, gadgets). There are 2 version (same trait, different equip), first more balanced (closer to my “style of play”) and second more based of damage (direct damage).
I’m not sure that it can be effective, I have heavy doubts. Suggestions on my idea is very appreciated.

Version 1: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUlIqqd38y3F1LJyoCcGoH5lfVfiKkffUQXPIA-jkBBoiAUEAJQLaNRKglRFRjV9iIqWKgIWGB-w
Version 2: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUlIqqd38y3F1LJyoCcGoH5lfVfiKkffUQXPIA-j0xAYfAKCQyTRMBKsWGLiGryVQWFnUpAiYZE-w

Power: ~ 3350 – 3400
Critical Chance: ~ 45% (65% with fury)
Critical Damage: 45% – 89%
Armor: ~ 2700 – 2450
Health: ~ 19.500 – 16.000

2 Break Stun, 2 Blowout, 1 Knockdown, only 3 Blast (without fire field, but you can swith for a second a skill with Bomb-kit, gain the Fire Field and a fourth blast).
Four skill of “movement” (Overcharged shot, Jump shot, Rocket boots, Super speed).

Alternatively, you can change Firearms VI (Hair trigger) with Firearms II (Sitting duck) for 15 stack immediate of vulnerability.

What do you think of this “crazy” idea?

(edited by Cronkolo.3469)

in Engineer

Posted by: NoNameNoob.9758

NoNameNoob.9758

Why swifftness by using a Kit ? U dont use kits

in Engineer

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

omg its crazy
speedy kits whitout a kit is useless
sigil of perception give more critical chace than sigil of accuracy just take 25 stack on mobs kill
on food: toxin maintenace oil give less precision than a master mintenace oil
if u go power/crit u dont need +10% cond duration for rifle
only HT for cond remover and vigor trait whitout swift didnt work

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in Engineer

Posted by: Cronkolo.3469

Cronkolo.3469

in Engineer

Posted by: tattoohead.3217

tattoohead.3217

Can’t link a build because in on my phone but I run a glass cannon SD roaming build and if your good it works great!

Build is 0/30/0/10/30 or the more defensive 0/20/10/10/30

I do use Tool Kit but you “could” go without, it’s just nice with SD because of Throw Wrench and and extra block from Gear Shield.

in Engineer

Posted by: Coenraad.8302

Coenraad.8302

How is the build working sofar Cronkolo?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kabro.6518

Kabro.6518

Update to gameplay plz.

Myztìk [vT]-Bromega Power Engy