Engineer's Appeal

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

Hello everyone I made a similar thread in the Warrior forum and it had a great turn out (aside from the little bit of arguing that occurred). I’m hoping for a similar effect here.

I will be making topics in the other profession forums as well because I want to aggregate all the comments and the best way to do so would be to post in each profession’s individual forum instead of just placing it in Players Helping Players because the professions’ forums get more traffic and are filled with players most knowledgeable about that particular profession!

Anyways, now with that out of the way I would like to know: What makes the Engineer appealing to you?

Why do you enjoy playing the profession? It could be based on its theme or for other gameplay reasons, perhaps you enjoy the diverse amount of options available to the profession? Tell me anything and everything!

The Engineer for me is actually the least appealing profession but only because I’ve never really enjoyed many of its themes except for one: Alchemy. I love that Engineers have access to so many different elixirs and how their effects play out because utilizing potions/elixirs has always appealed to me in RPGs.

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Active button mashing with purpose. Keeps my hands busy. That combined with the “universal cog” mentality, it’s just the profession that fits me the best.

Going all the way back to ‘99 I was a bard in EQ, known to give carpal tunnel to many players, it was the most button pressing demanding class with versatility like no other. That’s an engi. It’s just what I like.

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Active button mashing with purpose. Keeps my hands busy. That combined with the “universal cog” mentality, it’s just the profession that fits me the best.

Going all the way back to ‘99 I was a bard in EQ, known to give carpal tunnel to many players, it was the most button pressing demanding class with versatility like no other. That’s an engi. It’s just what I like.

I was just going to post that Engi brought me back to the EQ glory days of twisting songs on my Bard..

Versatility is great and it takes a good player to pilot this class effectively. I love the feel and flavor too. Just wish Flame Thrower was better in PvE.

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I was just going to post that Engi brought me back to the EQ glory days of twisting songs on my Bard..

Versatility is great and it takes a good player to pilot this class effectively. I love the feel and flavor too. Just wish Flame Thrower was better in PvE.

I use FT for blind/firefield/blast all the time, Just don’t sit and use it. Though if you trait it up it’s not all that bad for a mindless play session. Pretty sure it’s better than guardian staff

(and yay bards! best class in any game ever).

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I played engi in Warhammer online and info about gw2 engi was reason why I start interesting about this game:-) There are many reasons why I love engi so much. Its versatile and hard to handle on master level.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: SkyCakeLight.3750

SkyCakeLight.3750

Engineer is always my go-to class! In Warhammer Online, easily my favorite class (though the WAR Engi plays very differently from GW2 Engi, still lots of boom). And, that’s another reason, the BOOM! Haha. Engineers have so many things they can be doing at once. I can go from throwing grenades, to lighting people on fire with a flamethrower, to shooting toxins at them, all without leaving combat. Plus, the Tool Kit is amazing! It’s so satisfying to beat enemies senseless with a wrench. I love how it shakes my screen when my cute little Asura whacks someone. Giant Norn with a greatsword? Ha! I’m a tiny Asura with a wrench, come at me! As the Norn is trying to run away, I just pull him back with my magnet pull skill, it’s great!

So, I love Engineer because they can do a lot of different things at even given time, and it can do them well. And, the wrench is funny (and good).

Edit: To add to my reasons, Engineer is the only class that I don’t mind underwater combat. Their 3 mine shot skill is amazing.

(edited by SkyCakeLight.3750)

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Well, I admit I was put off by the Engineer at first. Though seeing some montages online about the kittenery the Engineer can pull off, I thought I’d give it a chance. After around a month of grinding and getting my celestial and a few days of getting accustomied to my preferred playstyle, I found the engineer to be the more hotkey intensive class so far.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Bindaeyen.9613

Bindaeyen.9613

Another former Bard(and Magician) here, and yeah, I LOVE the way that I never feel completely out of tricks. It always feels like I’ve got one last trick up my sleeve, and like there’s always something to do.

It really makes me feel accomplished when I play the class.

Plus, I love the theme of class. Very unique feel. My only complaint is that all the explosions slow down my computer.

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I like explosives and machinery over magic

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

The hilarious amounts of crowd control skills and freedom of kit switching. It’s hard going back to other classes after you get used to it tbh. Having a pull ability though really sells it for me, I played DKs in WoW, gadget in DCUO and vanguards in swtor for that very reason!

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Well, I think that’s hilarious, that so many of us posting, came from being a Bard main in EQ. I did so as well.

Personally, I enjoy having a shield with a native reflect for one. otherwise, I leveled each profession in the initial months after release. I played each to 80, primarily in WvW. In the end, the engineer appealed to me far and above the rest. I felt it had the most diversity in play style and build. For me personally, I feel that was the main draw.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

What makes the Engineer appealing to you?

Because IRL I am, in fact, an engineer :-D

And yeah, in WAR I was an engineer… When I play TF2…. Engineer… Borderlands… Engineer…. I just love a good spanner ;-)

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Noha.3749

Noha.3749

Steampunk with BOOMZ, CC and hilarious tricks!
Also, Wrench > Swords/daggers <3

80 Everything except Ranger & Guardian.
Theorycrafter & trickster.
Friend, father & lover!

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Orion Pax.6254

Orion Pax.6254

When i first heard about the game, i like the idea of guns in a game of magic and fantasy. Ironically enough, we don’t use them much as we use kits. At first i felt that I liked the class because of how “difficult” it is to play. I don’t think it’s difficult for people to pick this class up anymore, otherwise we wouldn’t see so many engineers nowadays. So i don’t longer play the class because of the high skill ceiling, rather because its my first class and it’s all i know.

Wango Tango Mango

Engineer's Appeal

in Engineer

Posted by: Tristan.5280

Tristan.5280

Steampunk style and versatility.

And soon, an hammer…