Engineer support buffs

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Just a list of ideas:

Regenerating Mist: Increased water field duration from 1s to 3s.
Cleansing Burst: Increased water field duration from 3s to 6s.
Super Speed: Is now AoE stunbreak and grants super speed to 5 nearby allies.
Medkit drops no longer disappear when picked up by an ally.
Toss Elixir R: Now removes a condition once every two seconds.

(edited by guildabd.6529)

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

With possibly the exception of regenerating mist, the list of suggestions seems completely unreasonable. Well maybe cleansing burst wouldn’t be OP. Your last 3 though are very unreasonably OP.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Regenerating mist could use an extra second in the water field.
Cleansing burst’s waterfield is fine.
Super Speed is already a stunbreaker, last portion is unreasonable
Medkit buff would be extremely unreasonable, imagine an entire zerg having 5 engis, that’s 15 medpacks (15k hp) EVERYONE can pick up.
The condi removal on Elixir R would be nice since it only removes 1 condi on impact.

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

no
no
why not
no no

ur ideas r mostly just unreasonable tbh

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

There’s not much to add to the thread since others before me have already said all that’s needed to be said.

With regards to the original post, I would like to see some reasoning behind it. Show me the method behind the madness.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

What are you smoking most of your suggestions are op as hell.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

With possibly the exception of regenerating mist, the list of suggestions seems completely unreasonable. Well maybe cleansing burst wouldn’t be OP. Your last 3 though are very unreasonably OP.

See that’s the thing, decisions like these shouldn’t be based solely on what might happen in PVP it does nothing to help the PVE side of things at all. They need to give up this Esport nonsense and make PVE what it should be, fun and diverse.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

5 sec of superspeed or some longer lasting water fields have absolutely no impact on pve, though.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

5 sec of superspeed or some longer lasting water fields have absolutely no impact on pve, though.

Actually they do, they would have a tremendous impact on the ability to heal oneself in a support role, they’d also allow for a more tanky role which seems to be a thing with these people I’m not sure why but apparently you’re not supposed to tank in this game which makes absolutely no sense, there are healer tanks in every other title without a clear trinity that I’ve ever played save for this one, not to mention that other than the title this class actually acts just like a soldier class in every way it’s high time they allowed that function in PVE at long last considering the number of traits one could use for defense, it’s just the healing aspect of this class is nerfed in PVE because of their decisions in PVP. Balance in all things, but they seriously don’t have balance in this class in PVE. Heck they still haven’t replaced the missing Free Heal/Condition removal they removed from Kit Refinement with something even if it had a longer cooldown it’s necessary because that hole has been there ever since they nerfed that in PVP, it’s drastically affected PVE healing ever since for this class.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

Actually they do, they would have a tremendous impact on the ability to heal oneself in a support role, they’d also allow for a more tanky role which seems to be a thing with these people I’m not sure why but apparently you’re not supposed to tank in this game which makes absolutely no sense, there are healer tanks in every other title without a clear trinity that I’ve ever played save for this one, not to mention that other than the title this class actually acts just like a soldier class in every way it’s high time they allowed that function in PVE at long last considering the number of traits one could use for defense, it’s just the healing aspect of this class is nerfed in PVE because of their decisions in PVP. Balance in all things, but they seriously don’t have balance in this class in PVE. Heck they still haven’t replaced the missing Free Heal/Condition removal they removed from Kit Refinement with something even if it had a longer cooldown it’s necessary because that hole has been there ever since they nerfed that in PVP, it’s drastically affected PVE healing ever since for this class.

I find bomb healing as an engineer quite effective in pve for tank/healer. If you put on some cleric gear with monk runes, you’re actually very tanky. Bomb heals aren’t an immediate heal, with the right rune and sigil combination with high healing power, you can get around 450~500 heals from bombs for your party every half second. 1k hp per second is a powerful heal, and when you include heals from runes, and sigil as well, you’re quite an effective healer without even popping you’re actually heal skill. There are no broken healers in the game, only stronger support positions, but we already have what is necessary to be a tank/healer.

I also think all the suggestions from the op are too overpowered.

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: CallousEye.5018

CallousEye.5018

Adding 1-2 seconds would be good, currently it’s nearly impossible for anyone but the engi to combo off of.

Bomb heals aren’t an immediate heal, with the right rune and sigil combination with high healing power, you can get around 450~500 heals from bombs for your party every half second. 1k hp per second is a powerful heal…

According to the wiki, the bombs actually takes .74 seconds to lay and .74 seconds to go off, but you could probably just figure that you’ll have one going off every .74 or seconds.

If you were getting 475 healing per bomb, you’d be doing roughly 640 hp/s, which is definitely nothing to sneer at.

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: Depths.4051

Depths.4051

Adding 1-2 seconds would be good, currently it’s nearly impossible for anyone but the engi to combo off of.

Bomb heals aren’t an immediate heal, with the right rune and sigil combination with high healing power, you can get around 450~500 heals from bombs for your party every half second. 1k hp per second is a powerful heal…

According to the wiki, the bombs actually takes .74 seconds to lay and .74 seconds to go off, but you could probably just figure that you’ll have one going off every .74 or seconds.

If you were getting 475 healing per bomb, you’d be doing roughly 640 hp/s, which is definitely nothing to sneer at.

You’re right, I didn’t notice that when checking the wiki. The 1/2 second symbol is rather misleading. Regardless if you use backpack Regenerator, monk runes, and water sigil, you’ll be plenty stocked with passive heals.

Also, considering how good healing turret is, getting one combo finisher off the toolbelt is still pretty decent. In wvw I pop rocket boots with regenerative mist which has saved my butt plenty of times.

(edited by Depths.4051)

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

While we’re on the topic of unreasonable buffs, i’d love to see rocket boots create a blast finisher when you land aswell.

Engineer support buffs

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

welp, rocketboots blast the first field they pass through (or start in), but they will trigger the blast-effect itself upon landing.
so, start in smoke, stealth wherever you land, f.e.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.