Engineer - why not perma swift and others?

in Engineer

Posted by: maciora.9542

maciora.9542

Why power shoes should give us only 25% buff and not 33? What is wrong with perma swift for engineer ( i know we have it via kits) ? What is wrong with stability and cond removal like with other classes? Why its so hard to have good build with decent cond removal – we have it through some traits but it takes at least 2 of them from alchemy line to have some decent condie rem, I have seen many times warrior / guard or other classes with strong knockbacks, confusions etc and it was not considered an overpowered build – why for our engie everything good is coming with such a limitations that it makes playing it harder then the other classes? Additionally why rocket shoes are so diff to use (doing some acrobations during the process) → why not just jump this freaking 1000m like guards do? They can jump and straight away transform it into movement with engiee its possible but again timing required….

(edited by maciora.9542)

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

True is engi is right now in good place but what we really need is polishing of quality of life stuff. Like you said rocket boots landing, elixir tossing, random deequiping kits or that really annoying glitch when you sometime get almost 2s interrupt like cooldown while you shooting in very close range ect

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: maciora.9542

maciora.9542

Agreed – thats what I wanted to say – briefly: polishing, for example : why smoke from FT is not a smoke screen? Could be usefull. Engineer should have all this tricks available – being a little bit weaker ( i agree it has to be) but all of this screens/blasts/fields of different kind , playing him would be hard but rewarding – you would have to learn it like it is now , but thanks to what I have mentioned while mastered – it should be very good.

WE SHOULD ALSO GET TWO HAND EQUIVALENT→ LIKE STEAM HAMMER → THIS IS LOGICAL THING TO BE USED BY ENGIEE :d I would like to see it as one of the guard/warrior classes, something in between but having mechanical buffs etc.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Best quality of life change we could get in my opinion, would be to have kit refinements cool down to be kit specific, as well as the effect on FT/EG reverted. The other kit skills I feel are actually solid.

WE SHOULD ALSO GET TWO HAND EQUIVALENT-> LIKE STEAM HAMMER -> THIS IS LOGICAL THING TO BE USED BY ENGIEE.

Under what logic? Personally I have no idea home a hammer is associated to an alchemist/mad scientist depicted profession. The only think that even remotely comes close to making a connection, is tool kit, and to me, that’s a bit of a stretch.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Hammer was pretty much confirmed by devs already its just matter of time:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

OMG Hammer Engie! Drooooooll

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Power Shoes isn’t 33% like swiftness because it matches other 25% move speed bonuses! Signet of Air, Thief and Ranger signets!

Anet never promised hammer Engineers! Anet said they want to add more weapons classes but this announcement was made about a year ago! Don’t get your hopes up!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Engi has good mobility. You can trait perma swiftness and have quite a bit of movement skills. Compare to mesmer.

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Anet never promised hammer Engineers! Anet said they want to add more weapons classes but this announcement was made about a year ago! Don’t get your hopes up!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

It was red post like 2 months ago where they said: “Hammer for engineers. Check!” :-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

Wahoo! Bye frands!

It was red post like 2 months ago where they said: “Hammer for engineers. Check!” :-)

You mean the one that never mentioned hammer, but simply said “Yes, other weapons for all profession are in the works” and then everyone started exclaiming that it meant hammers that you posted in? Or was there one that specifically stated hammers were coming?

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Wahoo! Bye frands!

You mean the one that never mentioned hammer, but simply said “Yes, other weapons for all profession are in the works” and then everyone started exclaiming that it meant hammers that you posted in? Or was there one that specifically stated hammers were coming?

I think it was topic about hammers but I am not 100% sure its 2 months ago:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Black para goner.7612

Black para goner.7612

1. The movement speed trait is the same for all professions that have it (signet of the hunt, signet of air, signet of the locus, warrior’s sprint etc etc).
2.For stability we rely more on our blinds and CC to get us out of bad situations, the worst case scenario I can point out is a warrior using zerk stance and balance stance at the same time. We can’t CC them or use condi to soft CC or even blind, also we do have a decent boon rip but not viable in most situations.
3. Rocketboots I wouldn’t say is hard to use but it has alot of bugs which can mess you up big time which can be very annoying.

Overall Anet wants engi to be a very high skilled professions, to be a decent engi takes time, to be a good engi will take you awhile but to be a perfect engi will take a very long time. I don’t think anyone can perfectly play this profession to perfection yet. Timing blinds, cooldowns, dodges, thinking of tactic attacks while in battle, using the correct skill for the correct moment while watching your enemies skills is soo difficult to do perfectly. I love the profession.

Nova Bushido Top Charr Engineer, AG IRQ.
Predator | Quip | Flameseeker | Juggernaut

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Only one I know of said they were working on all weapons for all classes. So the long awaited hammer engi was a check.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

We’re not so much in a good place. Kit refinement for example removed an essential heal and condition removal like OP said. They didn’t replace this with anything so healing builds are nerfed. AOE builds are nerfed because someone at Anet thinks that a bomb doesn’t have a big enough explosion to be bigger than a 2 handed sword swing or do as much damage. It takes 3 times as many hits with bombs to do the same amount of damage as a 2 handed sword does on my ranger even. It’s seriously nerfed to stupidity in PVE. Mines are still useless, enemies dance around on them they scatter out well out of range of any enemies, there isn’t a system of dropping mines with a device that can make them land closer to how we’d need them or an improvement to how they trigger? Seriously, even as an Engineer we aren’t able to improve upon our own designs to make them more useful? I talked about this years ago but apparently they think that it’s okay where it’s at, it really isn’t , these weapons do not behave like this in reality, we need more realism in this class to make it useful. For example, mine only throws out 1 doesn’t have an explosion really just a pushback but enemies who are supposedly engineers too throw out three mines they have massive explosions and they have really huge AOEs comparitively. You cannot sit there and tell me that some enterprising Asura didn’t watch Aerin during Dry Top’s cornered and see an improvement. Aerin also had something no engi has without great work to reach it, which is Stability. Why are we even having this conversation 2 years later? Isn’t it time to get an Engineer friendly guy in there on the development team to actually improve this class once and for all?

They need to fix this class.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

They need to fix this class.

Although I do agree that kit refinement got destroyed in my opinion. (it used to be one of my favorite traits over all) But given all that you stated, what can the profession not do that defines it as broken?

Mines, useless………LMAO…………………No, no they are not. Could the proximity detonation use some work, sure, but the fact that a player can detonate them at any time makes them very useful. You referenced reality when it comes to the mines. So as a person who has served multiple years in the US Armed forces and spent time deployed, and personally had direct contact with mines, IED’s, and other explosive devices, I am curious to where you got your expertise to declare how they “behave in reality” ???

Sure, there is always room for improvement, but to claim the entire profession needs to be fixed, implies that it is broken. It isn’t.

I am all for making positive changes, but post such as yours that are riddled with extreme hyperbole, and irrational exclamations tend to be extremely counter productive.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

You referenced reality when it comes to the mines. So as a person who has served multiple years in the US Armed forces and spent time deployed, and personally had direct contact with mines, IED’s, and other explosive devices, I am curious to where you got your expertise to declare how they “behave in reality” ???

Mines should be an instant win if they hit an enemy. That would be realistic and it would fix this broken class. Oh…. and one good hit from a fifle should do the same. And flamethrower should only take a partial hit to win. And the engineer should explode into a ball of defeated flames if he gets hit while weildinf the flamethrower. Grenades! Don’t even get me started. No one should be able to keep fighting after a barrage of grenades goes off around them. :P