Engineer wishlist

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

If you could have 4 things for your engineer what would they be?
here are mine:

1) ability to use main hand mace (Fixer Upper)
2) new traits
3) things like grenades not getting the short end of the stick on both sides of blind and retaliation (please one or the other not both)
4) repair the damage done to the kit refinement trait, even if it has to be moved up to master or grandmaster level.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Concussion bomb, Static kitten, and Pry bar, all getting some kind of damage increase or compensations in WvW, since their main form of damage through confusion was nerfed by 50% in WvW.

The bleed duration doubled on MH pistol.

A clear difference that benefits bombs over grenades damage wise. Sure the bomb kit does very slightly more damage now. but whats the point, when you can do very similar damage at 1500 range. The buffed almost all of the melee damage in the game since release do to the risk vs reward debate for ranged vs melee damage, yet they left the bomb kit out.

A few more cool defensive traits. All of this traits causing “blind” everywhere annoy me.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

Hammer and Axe for melee weapons.
Engineer = builds stuff. Hammer and Axe are important tools !

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I would have:

• Turrets not be so godkitten lackluster, by which I mean: Fix the bugs, do what’s necessary to bring them up to par.

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Unhinged Carrot.3849

Unhinged Carrot.3849

Hammer and Axe for melee weapons.
Engineer = builds stuff. Hammer and Axe are important tools !

Very very few areas of engineering involve axes.

Zobb – Asura Engineer – Seafarer’s Rest

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

Chopping woods ^ ^:P

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

I would have:

• Turrets not be so godkitten lackluster, by which I mean: Fix the bugs, do what’s necessary to bring them up to par.

*reduce turret cooldown if we pickup it or give some bonn if we pickup it
*make combo water heal engy to and not only nearby ally or gain heal for every turret in game
*remove the ground targetting on missile turret tool belt skill in water (on earth to XD )

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

(edited by Dredd Spirit Caller.4082)

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If we receive a drawback as if kits are part of or class mechanic, they should be part of our class mechanic. Give us a kit slot in place of a weapon swap.

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

My wishlist :
-remove random stuff.
-Remove cone pattern from Poison Dart Volley

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

• A slight buff to other things, or a slight nerf (Inb4 overreaction, dec 10th everyone else gets nerfed too) to bomb/nade/x to stop it being the #1 thing that every build eventually drifts towards in PvP
  • Manipulation of a lot of passive traits to be more active
  • Inventions line buffed (Healing bombs could do with a rework – not a buff, but it’s kinda counterproductive when you want to be moving around). I’m thinking increase the strength of those toughness to power traits so I can run something like tanky DPS. Right now the only build that goes into Inventions is pure bunker and they don’t even go for the GMs.
  • MAGNET PULL BEING MADE RELIABLE – Why do they sometimes go behind me? Why do they sometimes get launched up into the air?
  • Attack speed of glue shot increased (p/s superior in everything that’s not HGH)
  • Rocket Boots being made reliable – why do you warp so much where you land, where savage leap and such are so clean?
  • HAMMERS – pls

That’s about it actually. I’m very happy with the state of the class.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: NJW.1394

NJW.1394

Make kit backpacks hideable or make them smaller and move to the hip, i’ve got the jetpack back piece but i never get to see it as i’m in a kit 90% of the time.

Rengeki 80 Engineer of Gandara
Yakslappars <YaK>

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

coglin.1867

• Rocket Boots being made reliable – why do you warp so much where you land, where savage leap and such are so clean?

Is this actually a problem others are having? I must use rocket boots 250 times a day since launch and I have never seen anything like this. I really haven’t seen anyone else complaining about this anywhere on the forums that I have noticed. Is this just an isolated problem, or have I simply been lucky?

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

1) Fix hobosacks
2) Fix turrets
3) Fix weapon damage (pistol, rifle, harpoon gun) to make more builds viable
4) Legendary kits

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: acedragonz.9387

acedragonz.9387

Is this actually a problem others are having? I must use rocket boots 250 times a day since launch and I have never seen anything like this. I really haven’t seen anyone else complaining about this anywhere on the forums that I have noticed. Is this just an isolated problem, or have I simply been lucky?

I have it as well. Though it only happens occasionally, usually when I have to run away from a zerg or something else that can kill me xD

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

If we receive a drawback as if kits are part of or class mechanic, they should be part of our class mechanic. Give us a kit slot in place of a weapon swap.

I’m also a fan of this idea.

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: FreekPalmer.2839

FreekPalmer.2839

My 4 would be:

1) pistol condition duration, My level 1 warrior could auto stack more bleeds than my condi engineer with 100% duration.

2) kits need to do more damage and be less buggy (FT #2 disappearing), so they are scaled to the correct weapon level equipped.

3)I know this is not specific to eng, but I think other attributes need to scale better, so defensive stats matter instead of one shot abilities that mean there’s no point having them.

4)Also I would like the mortar to do siege damage(maybe put conditions down onto gates and walls like 1% damage increase or something) It would make it a viable choice for something. This could be added to other elite skills.

Zipp Tinker
https://www.youtube.com/zipptinker
For my latest Videos and Builds

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Marlafox.8715

Marlafox.8715

1) Rifle skill 3 increase base damage. Remove Bleed; replace with vunrability stacks based on range.

2) Rifle traits are all mashed into one tree. I.E. skills like Scope adds 10% crit chance at 600 range increases range of elixir gun rifle and pistols by 200 might be a way of spreading out some of the skills.

3) Healing Turret’s Toolbelt skill: The animation makes it hard to combo off of with skills like jump shot and magnetic shield. Maybe just have the animation run faster.

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

1) Fix hobosacks
2) Fix turrets
3) Fix weapon damage (pistol, rifle, harpoon gun) to make more builds viable
4) Legendary kits

xmas its next month
we want a gift and not a miracle XD

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

Definitely to fix the turrets, I really like the idea of using these things.

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Baron NJS.5704

Baron NJS.5704

-Something small that really annoys me…when im in nade kit why the hell am i juggling AIR…..im not holding anything.

-Also make kit stats scale to the weapon you are carrying…like a legendary

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Luc Willem.2865

Luc Willem.2865

Give us traits that boosts allies
Ex :
-> something like “empowering might” (maybe with another boon)
-> something like the Gardian F1/F2/F3
-> Stats boosts like “Empower allies”

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

well with combo blast i give 9+ might
its not a problem
we just want fix or buff up some traits

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

It might be because I’m Australian and have higher ping. It doesn’t happen nearly as often on other mobility skills however and it can be very irritating.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Infamous Darkness.3284

actually I got another one, making our skills not have such large aftercasts and making them “cast” in the time it shows for them (ex. Grenade Bomb Tranquilizer Dart, while bomb and grenade are shown to be 1/2 second casts they are closer to a full second while tranquilizer dart is 3/4 second cast but is really 0.83 second cast, meaning out 3/4 second cast is faster than our 1/2 second cast…huh?

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Trimula.7651

Trimula.7651

repost this from a different thread, wish list

Ultra Assault Kit(elite) – 1, Shoulder mounted Mini Cannon – Short range DD 2, Door Ram-good damage to doors 3, Mortar – indirect damage 4, Proximity Mine Field – Lays out a undetectable mine pattern over a area that explode when enemies cross it 5, upgraded supply crate

Elixir Gun, I feel is pretty good as it stand, maybe just improve on some of the utilities.

Flamethrower, I feel should be our best short range DPS kits, increase the range of Flame Blast

Bomb Kit, just need more damage do to it no range, and limit use

Grenade Kit, should be our most diverse range DPS kit, a shoulder mount wide bore barrel launcher that targets a target with a small AoE explosion

Electrify Hammer kit, replacing most the Tool Kit unities, for those engineer that just need to melee

There should be a F5 key that will be a special tool belt slot determine by F1-F4 layout. Once again, lots of possibilities. I.e. Med kit, Elixir gun, elixir B = F5 Massive Tissue Growth-5 sec of high regen, Flamethrower & rocket launcher = F5 burst Flame missile base on how you arrange you belt skill, will unlock the benefits of the F5 key

Turrets just need help, lots of help! Its not a mobile item, they need more health, damage, and performance. I stop using them after level 30 if not sooner.

I really think the Ultra Assault Kit as a elite skill will add to our flexible in WvW, and the creation of the F5 key will even create even more play styles amoung engineers.

Some of our past skills were outdated and totally inferior at the start; some of those skills are still inferior. Please delete those utilities or combine them into a kit with improvements. CREATE, COMBINE, AND IMPROVE THE KITS…PERIOD. Anything short of that is just lip service.

just some of my thought on how to improve the Jack of All Trades, and revive this very unique class.

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

4) make a good kit refinement trait, even if it has to be moved up to master or grandmaster level.

1+2+3+4

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Infamous Darkness.3284

4) make a good kit refinement trait, even if it has to be moved up to master or grandmaster level.

1+2+3+4

not sure if this is making fun because I said 4 and then went and broke my own rule or if you agree with this idea?

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Anymras.5729

I think they’re saying “I would have this as all my wishlist options.”

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Infamous Darkness.3284

ah thank you for clarifying

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Acidic Elixirs (remove a boon) to work with EG 4+ 5 + F skill :PPP

Also yeah , i would love also the old kit ref as master trait , without the FT aoe burn

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

My wishlist:

1) Chainsaw kit
2) remove self CC on rifle 4, knockback is fine, but dont make it knock us down too..
3) improve rifle/pistol dmg to give us build diversity
4) did I mention chainsaw kit?

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

OK I’ll bite.

Only have two things though:

1. Explosive shots bleeds in the AoE instead of just doing direct damage
2. Poison dart volley shoots at the opponent instead of in some pseudo cone pattern

Engineer wishlist

in Engineer

coglin.1867

OK I’ll bite.

Only have two things though:

1. Explosive shots bleeds in the AoE instead of just doing direct damage
2. Poison dart volley shoots at the opponent instead of in some pseudo cone pattern

Honestly, I don’t even see these as “wishlist” items. These really just make common sense.