Engineers <3

Engineers <3

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I love this class so much… I’ve read that they take more practice to get good with and that may be a part of why I enjoy them so much. I feel more attached to this character because I’ve put more effort in to understanding the mechanics. But besides that… Lots of healing, lots of swiftness, a ridiculous amount of versatility, they hit like a truck, just in general feel nice to play and imho are one of the more scary classes to run in to if you’re roaming in WvW.

No real point in this post other than to promote their awesomeness for anyone who may be undecided on what class they’d like to make next.

Pros:
High survivability if used properly
Lots of swiftness
Lots of stackable conditions
Never boring to play thanks to all the kits
Taking up the role of combat medic in WvW makes for interesting game

Cons:
No weapon swapping (although that’s kind of negated because of all the kits)
No melee besides Wrench
Takes more time than most other classes to be effective with

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Engineers <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Banumiel.1926

Banumiel.1926

Combat medic? OMG…

Engineers <3

in Engineer

Posted by: hircane.1982

hircane.1982

What’s wrong with combat medics?

Engineers <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I agree with you. I don’t really mind the melee thing as why would you want to go melee on an Engineer? You have so many cool things you can use to take people down from range and to get them disabled quickly if they get too close to you. I don’t really think engies need more weapons. You have all those tool kits it’s really too good. When you swap to granade kit, you swapped weapons. You can have 3 different toolkits on at one time so you have 4 weapon sets at your disposal (p/p, p/s or w/e + kit 1 + kit 2 + kit 3). I think the takes more time part is actually a pro. It’s such an OP class when played right.. It’s also a lot more rewarding to play. Yishis is a great demonstrator of that (YouTube) he takes down multiple opponents in WWW (up to 4-5) at once with an Engie with no issues. There are also a lot more good videos on youtube demonstrating out true powaah!
Cheers

Pineapples rule

Engineers <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Engi is by far not an combat medic this are guardians, ele or even warriors are better in healing for the group.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Engineers <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Kirill.4876

Kirill.4876

Engi’s have a few water fields to hand and a good amount of blast finishers to supplement them ^^ combined with the AoE regen of Healing turret and Elixer gun 5 skill I don’t see why an Engi couldn’t be a medic on the side.

Engineers <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Sylentir.8913

Sylentir.8913

Engi is by far not an combat medic this are guardians, ele or even warriors are better in healing for the group.

I’m sorry, but engies have some pretty kitten impressive healing potential. I distinctly remembering an ele main coming to this forum asking questions about it, and being surprised at just how much we could offer.

EDIT: This thread has a wealth of information on the support an engie can bring to the table. As it turns out, it was a mesmer, not an ele.

Talia Gallowglass [Few] ~ Sylvari Engineer Main
Ferguson’s Crossing

(edited by Sylentir.8913)

Engineers <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

Healing Turret + Elixir Gun + Elixir R, there’s your combat medic :P

Also Elixir-Infused Bombs (Inventions XI) is getting a 50% healing scaling buff, combined with the recent bomb radius increase that could be really nice.

(edited by Wintel.4873)

Engineers <3

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

When I said combat medic I didn’t mean maining it :P. I meant doing it when it’s a zerg versus zerg battle and resing people or using some minor AOE heals to contribute more to the group.
Sometimes I’ll swap out to my medic pack and spam bandages, throw a supply drop down at a safe area, toss some Super Elixir and burst a Healing Mist when someone damaged walks by me. I don’t always do this but I’m a big fan of support roles in games so I enjoy keeping people alive from time to time.
But yeah, if built properly an Engi could probably make a pretty good medic. I seem to manage quite well with it and my main is a condition build not a boon build.
I’ve also been really getting the hang of kit swapping and have been getting a lot better in combat. So I totally agree with you Jurica, it feels more rewarding that more practice is necessary. I was debating on making a Warrior but I think I want to work on making this character as effective as possible first because I love it so much.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Engineers <3

in Engineer

Posted by: Lutto.8745

Lutto.8745

I WANT A HAMMER!

Bombkit,toolkit + hammer in melee would be the best thing ever.

Please Anet do this for me…

Member of [SoZ] GM of mEIGHT [mEJT]
S1/S2 Legend Engineer @ Gandara EU.