Engineers Need A Rebalance-Please!

in Engineer

Posted by: Syric.1936

Syric.1936

Dear ANET,

Over the past year, I’ve enjoyed PvP immensely. I struggled as a novice Mesmer, but over-time I have honed my abilities and would like to think I’ve earned “semi-pro” status. Through my experiences, I’ve come to recognize an increased number of engineers in PvP – which is great! (I love a challenge). However, I’ve also noticed their versatility is practically unmatched. Let’s review (this observation is not intended for flaming/offending anyone):

My typical experience facing off against an Engineer (as of 12/19/2014):

- they bunker 1st
- Conditions/roots(snares/stuns)/knock-back (multiple)
- If they’re pressured, they will typically do a semi-retreat (I image for cool-downs to finish)….and this is where a real issue with Engineers comes in. You can’t catch them – unless you stun/root/knock them down …more than once…forget about it.
- Oh…don’t forget the generous amount of buffs they can also run with.

So, from a Mesmer perspective, I not only have to try to de-buff them, deal w/ their AOE bunker stance, but if I somehow get enough pressure on them via my POWER or COND builds ….I still have to content w/ their mobility, which is pretty much end game. I’m not going to catch them – they know it, I know it, and here within I feel there is a disconnect somewhere. Don’t get me wrong – all classes can move on the field, but when it takes even Thieves I know 3x Shadow-steps just to keep up with an Engineer, you have to stop and ask yourself when is too much versatility a bad thing.

Please take another look at Engineers, and consider some re-balancing there. Otherwise, I just don’t see why/how anyone would eventually consider playing anything else – when you give so many options to just one class AND with running only one build! Conditions, Mobility, Snares/Roots/Stuns, Buffs…when a class can do all this within one build, it’s a hard sell to want to play anything else. Think about it – please.

Thank You.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Or you know… we could portal across the map, blink and invis… oops.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

if youre having trouble with engi as a mesmer, i have the feeling youre playing either shatter or pu. if you were to say … switch to a phants spec… you would prolly be laughing at how easy engis are to kill.

additionally, when someone more mobile than you decides to run, dont chase. cap theit point.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

On my Mesmer I have minimal trouble killing Engineers with MTD or Hybrid PU.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

A good shatter Mesmer can easily take down an Engineer in PvP. Yeah, we can block the burst if we have Gear Shield up but that’s not the case often. If you play Shatter Mesmer well you can really take us down easily even if we try to retreat.

In most cases we only have one stunbreaker so whenever that’s on cooldown we are vulnerable to any type of CC. We are also very weak versus conditions so if you grab a condition spec (aka PU Cheese), you can easily kill us. Now that kind of spec does not work well in PvP though due to the Conquest Mode.

I’d say play the profession and you will notice the weaknesses easily.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

- If they’re pressured, they will typically do a semi-retreat (I image for cool-downs to finish)….and this is where a real issue with Engineers comes in. You can’t catch them – unless you stun/root/knock them down …more than once…forget about it.

You use builds with no mobility, then demand a nerf to mobility to the professions you cannot keep up with in terms of movement, and you consider yourself “semi-professional”.

I don’t think “professional” or even “semiprofessional” means what you think it means. It means you either do something for your supporting income, or partial income.

All of that aside, what build do you specifically feel is a problem?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

At last he dont complain about turrets. I must always laugh when mesmers complaining about playing vs AI:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yea man it’s hard. Maybe stun them? Before a shatter? If they burn the stunbreak they are dead. Replace decoy with stun mantra if you really want to faceroll them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

What is your build? Shatter mesmer with staff/gs will always beat an engie off point and will definitely give a good kicking to an engie on a point.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Engineer

Posted by: Black para goner.7612

Black para goner.7612

Mesmers have a good chance vs engis. With condi you’d rekt us, CC builds rekt us. Depends on the type of build but also remember the skill level of the player. I’ve been playing engis since launch, I’ve noticed a greater amount of engis in pvp, yet most of them are not very good, just running basic meta builds. If you are truly a better player you will beat them.

Nova Bushido Top Charr Engineer, AG IRQ.
Predator | Quip | Flameseeker | Juggernaut

in Engineer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

Mesmers have a good chance vs engis. With condi you’d rekt us, CC builds rekt us. Depends on the type of build but also remember the skill level of the player. I’ve been playing engis since launch, I’ve noticed a greater amount of engis in pvp, yet most of them are not very good, just running basic meta builds. If you are truly a better player you will beat them.

honestly tho, the ip traits needs to get changes, i personally was thinking like ’apply burn to enemys if u hit em w pistol 3, 5 or shield 5, rifle 3 or rifle 5 " any of these skill apply burn on enemy, trait still has 10 s cd, so ppl cant just use these skills right after another to stack the burn, but it might potentially be hard to land the burn so idk…

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

If IP is restricted to particular skills, an ICD is probably not as necessary – sure, they could burst-drop a bunch of Burns by spamming their skills, but after that, each skill has its own cooldown.
The reason behind the ICD is, instead, probably related to just how many crits can be dropped; Flamethrower hits ten times in two seconds, Grenade Kit hits two/three times and has a toolbelt skill that drops a bunch of grenades at a time, and Static Discharge builds focus on dropping as many attacks onto the enemy as possible in as short a time as possible. Those’re just specific examples I can think of off the top of my head as ‘potential reasons for Incendiary Powder to have an ICD for fear of ever-lasting burns.’ Can’t think of any that focus on use of mainhand weapons.
(Of course, none would really focus on Flamethrower, as far as I’m aware, but I also haven’t been keeping an eye on what builds exist, so I’m probably missing a few seemingly-obvious examples.)