Engineers Vs Rifle Warrior

in Engineer

Posted by: EpicFace.8096

EpicFace.8096

Some have even suggested a “Sniper Kit” as a potential sort of fix that would give engineers that classic expected long range rifle skillset.

Yes. Just, just yes.

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Give us a Volly type skill in place of Blunderbuss with 900m range and 400m req to proc Bleed effects and remove the “Hangtime” from Jumpshot and Rifles would be 50% better.

Using your Engineering skills you Tinker with your Rifle’s Firing mechanism allowing you to fire 8 shots in quick succession each with a chance of applying 4s bleed if target is within 400m after the Rapid Fireing is finished your rifle skills receive a 2s Global Cool Down.

in Engineer

Posted by: EpicFace.8096

EpicFace.8096

Give us a Volly type skill in place of Blunderbuss

Uhhh, nope.
Replace net shot pls, blunderbuss is epic.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

If you really wanted to fix blunderbuss, I could consider a few things:

1- Make it instant cast, the cast time really can screw up targetting if you are on the move.
2- Make it have a cast time, but no damage drop off. Do the max damage and bleeds at 400 range.

Both would fix the insane bugginess really.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

in Engineer

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

But I like my 25% uptime immobilize.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Give us a Volly type skill in place of Blunderbuss

Uhhh, nope.
Replace net shot pls, blunderbuss is epic.

You’re kidding, right?

You know that the biggest advantage we have going for us is our CC? Net shot can be traited for a 25% uptime, which is amazing for an immobilize.

My idea stated twice:
Rocket Shot. 10 Second Cooldown. Fires a rocket towards the enemy, that causes more damage to enemies the closer they are to the targeted enemy.

Damage at 100 distance: 618
Damage at 300 distance: 386
Bleeding(4stacks) at 100 distance: 4 s (680 damage)
Bleeding at 300 distance: 4 s (170 damage)
Range: 1000

Replaces Blunderbuss. It’s essentially Blunderbuss turned into a Rocket that has a 1000 range on it. It adds more “Engineer”-like flavor to the skill and making it hit more reliably/further. Pushing this skill would push the Rifle into a great ranged weapon for Engineer, making essentially our Ranged weapon of choice for 1v1 for direct damage.

It would have to have a medium-fast animation to give enemies a decent chance to avoid it.

Edit: And before you all go on and say that’s its silly to fire a rocket from a Rifle I have two words for you: Harpoon Gun.

(edited by Aristio.2784)

in Engineer

Posted by: BakBakaa.2453

BakBakaa.2453

For PVP:

Blunderbuss is a lackluster damage weapon skill that misses half the time and the other half was not worth the time it took firing it off. The range is horrible and the damage is not worth the risk.

I like the rocket idea or the notion of keeping it the same and buffing it to actually do some serious damage. I think it is ridiculous to get rid of something as integral to the class as net-shot when we have such a backwards ability for our class on our main weapon. I have been using p/p or p/s more and more recently just because I can actually do damage when I need to.

Whenever I go with rifle I feel very underwhelming damage wise compared to the other weapon options out there. I would really love if the basic #1 ability (hip shot i think) was buffed for damage or some kind of bleed just to put some actual pressure on an opponents hp bar. Too often do I have to swap to nade kit to stack conditions and hurt the guy and swap back to rifle to stop/slow/knock-back the guy. A bit backwards if you ask me.

For PVE:

I like the rocket idea. Especially if it had some kind of AOE attached to it (like the pistol #1 explosive shot skill). I think this would pair rather nicely with knocking enemies back and using the rifle’s inherit CC to hold them in place and line them up for an AOE.

Allot of our issues in PVE from my experience are in that while we have utility, we do not have a strong single target damage (enough to smash a guy before he smashes us) or AOE (outside of grenade kit spam) to compensate. So it feels like we get to stun/blind/slow/knock-back but then use that whole time they are stunned to do very little damage.

I love kiting. I love difficulty. I hate pulling everything off perfectly to get a lackluster result (dmg wise) though. I want to feel like I outsmarted the enemy and won without having to hunt champions solo with a 15 minute kite fest.

Just my 2 karma :P

(edited by BakBakaa.2453)

in Engineer

Posted by: Punny.9210

Punny.9210

who ever says lackluster dmg u need to gear up or learn to use it.

i agree on some delay animation on some skills but the dmg they do are amazing

i rather adjust myself to be able to use it instead of ignoring it and then complain

Blackgate

in Engineer

BakBakaa.2453

Without devolving this back towards a flame war, perhaps you can enlighten us on the facts that enables you to do such great dmg then? I am sure the community would be happy to accept the information should it be the fix all to all the issues being posted every day on these topics.

I talk from my experience and I regularly swap out my build to try new ideas and setups. I have played this class since early access and have never had any kind of incredible damage.

Please do not misunderstand my above suggestions for QQ as they are ment in the spirit of communication about the classes weaknesses in order to identify and spark discussion about balancing. If you can contribute to that in some meaningful way I would be happy to listen.

Regardless of the places we could be better (or I could be better as you so bluntly state without reason or supporting evidence) I enjoy engineer beter than any other class and am still successful with it in both pvp and pve. That doesnt mean it is perfect though.

Again just my 2 karma

in Engineer

Posted by: ProstoBob.8196

ProstoBob.8196

Oh boy…
So you guys want 3 different rifle skills? And you do not like using kits either…
Well then…how about rolling a Rifle warrior?

Engineer rifle skills are perfect, everything is in there for a good reason. “But warriors have range,and damage” Well we have bleed, net shot, knockback and a 600 range leap.
If you want raw damage from your auto-attacks, you chose your class poorly. Now im not saying that rifle engineers are not viable,they are. But they bring a lot more to the table than damage.

Try using your skills and kits,in combos to rifle(we have no swap cooldown). Engineers are op,you just have to play and build them right.

in Engineer

BakBakaa.2453

While I agree that anyone who isnt dancing between kits and using the abilities on the fly is missing a major part of the class and it’s mechanics (and losing out on what damage we have), I do not think changing rifle skills changes that. The problem many are having is the concept of stay away from me mixed with i need ro be close to do damage to you. It isn’t so much we can’t do things with other abilities so mich as it is the weapons contradict the philosophy of the class as a ranged support.

One thing that may help understand engineer better (at least it helped me) is to think of it as your kits are your damage while your weapon is more of the condition/CC applier. Kind of backwards from the other classes. This would work much better for us if stats from weapons were working correctly towards our kits. It is however one of the unique things about the class and something I greatly enjoy.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mr Zablinx.7239

Mr Zablinx.7239

I think a good skill to have for the engineer would be some sort of charge shot: you hold down the skill button and the longer you hold it, the more damage it does. Would be a good replacement for one of the two blunderbuss-esque skills we have. Would definetly help with keeping our distance.

in Engineer

ProstoBob.8196

I think a good skill to have for the engineer would be some sort of charge shot: you hold down the skill button and the longer you hold it, the more damage it does. Would be a good replacement for one of the two blunderbuss-esque skills we have. Would definetly help with keeping our distance.

Honestly….if this goes on,the next thing will be “i want thiefs pistol whip on my engie”…
Guys,try different playstyle…or roll a warrior.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jay wilson.1702

Jay wilson.1702

don’y bring up this topic you will only come to an conclusion that warriors are better. don’t feel bad about warriors being better then you! eles are weaker in dps and hp/defense also!

in Engineer

ProstoBob.8196

Well warrior is better in long range combat,but he does not have any controll,apart from rifle butt. But that is just the thing…Warriors are a different class…and considering a sniper kit,or changing rifle abilities is like that time every boy played with action figures My spiderman can fly,use heat vision,and have Wolverine claws. Only thing engineer lacking is something like a weapon bonus(and sigils) on kits.

I rarely loose a fight with my build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

I find both pistols and rifles to be less powerful than grenades. Engineer survivability is too low. You either max out damage and throw grenades or support.

Engineer’s elite skills need a look at, there isn’t really a point of using anything except supply drop, or hounds if in PvE. supply drops aren’t exactly game changing compared to some of the elite skills of the other classes. Basically forces engineers to be support.

The rifle would be fine if we had an elite skill that does well vs glass cannons since we die so fast if we fight other classes built for dps. Only way to counter a glass cannon now is to knock them down and try to grenade them to death which is just really really stupid cause I actually do not enjoy the grenade skill at all.

I love the control the rifle gets but engineers are way too squishy for and half our skills are useless it seems.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht