Engineers and Legendary Weapons

in Engineer

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

Over the past 2 months, i grinded away for my legendary pistol, the whole while, crossing my fingers that the new animations on the legendary would also affect the engineers kits, to my disappointment this was not the case. Currently, engineers only have access to three main hand legendary’s, while other classes have access to between 6 and in the case of the warrior, 11.

The whole idea behind engineer was the use of kits, and i think that it is very unfair, and unjust that hardcore players get screwed over on this class just because it is impossible to have a legendary kit.

Nearly 3/4 of the animations that would be need to be made for kits are already there, the grenade kit already has animations from the throw grenade F4 skill, and the basic auto attack would suit many other aspects of kits. I’m very certain that your designers could have fun designing new animations for the flame thrower, and maybe add colored bombs to the bomb kit.

Having the choice of only 2 main hand Legendary’s, i think that carrying over the animations to kits is very much deserved and would be a very awesome improvement for the engineer. Recently sigils were added to kits, and i think this would be a perfection to the class. I would love to see and hear what my fellow engineers have to say, as well as what those from Anet think.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Anet hates Engineers so only what we can expect are another nerfs:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I think it’d be nice to have some Legendaries that’re more in the style of the Engineer – steampunk/alchemic contraptions (big ol’ brassy blunderbuss with a binary explosive tank for a stock, for example, or a pistol that fires using compressed air gathered during each shot’s windup, or a shield with a pair of tesla coils running along it), not sci-fi sniper rifles, or holy-book-shields, or confetti-launching bubbleguns.

I also think we should have more weapon selection, as Kits are an entirely optional part of the Engineer – they might have been intended to be the unique mechanic at one point, but now they’re just a set of utility skills that Anet seems to have forgotten can be not slotted. I suppose that’s somewhat irrelevant, though.

in Engineer

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Wait until you see the awesome of hip firing a 6 ft long rifle with a silencer and scope.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Wait until you see the awesome of hip firing a 6 ft long rifle with a silencer and scope.

Of course only an engineer would do that sort of thing.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Exactly. Bet the silencer does a lot of good for the blunderbuss attack, too.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Quip. On an engineer. What a joke.

I’d be a laughing stock shooting bubbles and confetti at my enemies.

With only access to the pistol, rifle, and shield, are choice in legendaries pretty much sucks.

I really think they should have at least ‘2’ legendaries of every type of weapon. Instead of just the ‘Quip’ have an option for a more awesome and fearsome pistol. The Quip was obviously designed with Mesmers in mind.