Engineers and why they are OP

in Engineer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Engineers are way too OP. I mean seriously, no one should be able to have such early access to a back slot item. They literally get one for FREE from their character creation. This kind of unequal treatment needs to stop.

They also have OP skills. I mean seriously, Fumigate doesn’t make any sense. You spray your enemies with poison and cure conditions on allies. It needs to do one or the other because you can’t spray your allies with poison and then make them feel better so obviously this is some witch craft voodoo black magic.

Another thing. Some of their traits are so just broken. Static discharge is just so OP. It literally gives them another skill that doesn’t exist in the game otherwise, making it instantly broken because now the engineer has even more skills.

Not to mention engineers are terrible people. Seriously, have you ever watched one of them? They drink elixir after elixir like a drug addict and then they just throw their garbage on the ground. Someone could step on that glass and hurt themselves. So inconsiderate.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sherlock.2035

Sherlock.2035

How can you make a post about Engi’s being OP without mentioning Mortar??? Need I say more?

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Best qq post about engi.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

I agree wholeheartedly OP but you didn’t even go far enough. I have had it with all these engineers using Jump Shot and destroying my personal property wherever they land. It’s also ridiculously broken how they have access to goggles before any other character. Don’t forget that sometimes when an Engineer uses Slick Shoes, their character will shout “Slick Shoes!” That is just garbage Arena net, you gave engineers a free shout without having to take it on their utility bar. Truly terrible balancing.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

slick shoes! greased lightning!
also POW! right in the cranium for personal battering ram.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

9/10, would read again

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Op, please go play an engie before making such horrible assumptions about us. If you did you would know our elixirs are 100% eco friendly and are made to evaporate after hitting the ground. What you said about fumigate is also a lie. Yeah it LOOKS like it has no ill effect on allies but I have seen my friendly warr sylvari turn a horrible shade of red a few hours after being sprayed by it. That can"t be good in the long run for her, so yes it hurts everyone equally.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

just being trolled guys. this dude probably plays engi lol

PvP only
Team GASM

in Engineer

Posted by: Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Kawloon Fuathach.3807

Please remember Fumigate can be harmful if inhaled, so remember to tell your teammates to hold their breath before dousing them!

Wilhelm The Pursuer

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

just being trolled guys. this dude probably plays engi lol

Attachments:

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

:[

/15 chars

PvP only
Team GASM

in Engineer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

To be entirely fair, the free back item at character creation thing is totally BS.

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

To be entirely fair, the free back item at character creation thing is totally BS.

Yea giving engies a back starter item is ironic of them

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

They wanted us to know that from day 1 they own us.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Don’t like your unique starter back item? We’ll cover that up right away with whichever kit you like!! *

Warning: will cause clipping which will make both your back item and kit look awful.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Sylvari need the Fumigate. Wood boring beetles are a real pest.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Its all true

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Engineer

Posted by: Silinsar.6298

Silinsar.6298

To all the critics: the starter backback + Exterminator Rifle skin (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Exterminator) = fake flame thrower kit (well, kind of), imba deception