Engineers back to 'soldier' profession

in Engineer

Posted by: Phyrak.7260

Phyrak.7260

As it says on the lid

that was where they were meant to be if all readings through forums, original scriptings, dev interviews (prior to release) and the like

moving to heavy armour would allow for a slight increase in survival at least and make the Juggernaut make sense…because 200 toughness in medium armour still makes you into a Charr plush toy…

worth posting this in class balances too?

all feedback welcome

-Phyrak

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

you’re not gonna get much positive feedback in the general balance forum. there’s a ton of engineer hate right now from what i see in the posts on that forum. while the armor tier up makes sense to me as almost all of their direct damage abilities are melee, and we’d be the inbetween of warrior and guardian. yes we have group heals but they’re nowhere near as good as guardian, nor is our damage anywhere near that of warrior(normally speaking)but they’re still good enough for our own purposes.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phyrak.7260

Phyrak.7260

Making the FT back into a strong weapon…or at least decent as it was many patches back…

Maybe even giving us an easy way to stack 25 might -buffs with protection and hides under flame proof rock- :P

With an engi and ele as my two 80 – there are trait trees which we focus down but can’t get fully out what we put in (hopes for one day to be a pure offensive water ele who don’t need no dance!/ tanky mctanktank juggernaut flamer dude of burninating happiness)

The way that juggernaut works currently is that you need to run it like a main weapon and it’s current benefits in relationship to current armour are useless…

Medium armour is great when you have high mobility…

In WvW

Engi’s as I’ve seen and played (though my builds vary from time to time) are one of the slowest professions around

-Phyrak

in Engineer

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Engineer should be called soldier. Since it’s all bombs, and guns.. and bombs AAAAND more guns. Kinda like real life soldiers (no offense to any rl soldiers). Would be nice if engineer was actually an engineer /cry. Realistically though, they don’t need the extra armor. They already have a ton of survivability through the use of their skills. Engis would benefit from a damage increase or a proper melee weapon more than anything.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

in Engineer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Damage reduction between medium and heavy with no bonus toughness is only like 5%. It doesn’t make a huge difference and heavy armor looks ugly.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Engineer is fine where they are.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’d say there’s still room for improvement. I’m wondering when we’ll get the mine skills of Aerin the mini boss we fight in this latest installment of LS or even the range of the explosions from the mines thrown by the Titus Gearclaw in Plains of Ashford.

So yeah, they aren’t in a good place. But at this point I really don’t see any hope of them doing anything about it really.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

Damage reduction between medium and heavy with no bonus toughness is only like 5%. It doesn’t make a huge difference and heavy armor looks ugly.

You sure about that? A 100% glass zerker warrior will have the equivalent to what I would have in terms of power, precision, crit damage, with about 2 ascended soldier trinkets worth of toughness and vitality. I’d say that’s pretty huge.

in Engineer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

The warrior has about 150 more armor than a medium and about 3k more health than any medium-HP class. So basically you get a guardian to put Strength in Numbers on you and congratulations, you’re now a heavy. Except the difference is miniscule so you probably wouldn’t even notice.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

You sure about that? A 100% glass zerker warrior will have the equivalent to what I would have in terms of power, precision, crit damage, with about 2 ascended soldier trinkets worth of toughness and vitality. I’d say that’s pretty huge.

That’s what I’m seeing too, not to mention certain builds in Engi benefit from higher toughness which is added to damage when certain traits are used.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Well with the rise of Effective Turret builds now the name is fine as it is.

Still people question how someone can create a effective turrent build shows how slow this new revolution is sinking into the community.

in Engineer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

That’s what I’m seeing too, not to mention certain builds in Engi benefit from higher toughness which is added to damage when certain traits are used.

Engie has better effective healing and overall better survivability so it’s actually tankier than the warrior even with the warrior’s slightly higher armor and health pool.

http://i.imgur.com/fWQPufA.jpg

I made this mostly as a joke but the numbers are in fact accurate. As you can see the only real difference between a meta warrior and a meta engie is about 5k effective HP, and engies can spec for much higher defense with a smaller DPS tradeoff.