Engineers being buffed

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

All i see are engis being buffed next patch, is the class already not strong enough?

aoe damage, conditions, burst heal, swiftness up all the time, vigor along with swiftness. All you need now are AI turrets on wheels ??

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Clearly someone didn’t understand the patch notes here.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

1 thing being nerfed to a master trait and like 7 things being increased

lol wut

you wana see a nerf, have a read of the thief or elementalists patch notes for the past few patches.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Mak.2657

Mak.2657

They nerf most popular/strong builds (Incendiary Powder, permavigor combo). Very strong nerfs. Even transmute can counts as a buff only for pwe IMO. It’s nerf for heavy condy fights – and engee already have problems woth condy cleanse outside of elixirs.
They buffed unpopular traits for more diversity, as well as thief and ele will be.
Personally i d prefer current situation.
Anyway why are u poosting here? As a thief i newer had a problems with engineer in wvw (d/p).

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

lol wut

you wana see a nerf, have a read of the thief or elementalists patch notes for the past few patches.

We’re getting an interesting trait called Diamond skin as well as having our grandmaster trait in air buffed and a new condi cleanse in fire.

We got a big hit in build diversity since traits got moved around, but it’s not as bad as you make it out to be.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Is “Incendiary Powder” the +10% for explosives? If yes, then it’s like it just has been removed since traiting grenades is a must have for PvE Sad

Permavigor is still there, we got another trait that grans swiftness on crit, you can still keep it up.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

And they deserve every last one of them and then some. /toast

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Azunai.5974

And they deserve every last one of them and then some. /toast

The hate is strong in this one.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Carighan.6758

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!
Well, when being jumped by Thieves who run away immediately if they notice they cannot burst me in one cycle.

coughs

Anyhow! Back to regular news!

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Somewhere We getting buffed alot. somewhere nerfed. And i think regarding to other classes changes it looks like more balanced changes that where ever realeased.

I would like a little (+5-10%) increase scaling of Helaing power with Backpack Regenerator, but…they don’t see the problem there maybe..

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

(edited by Hvaran.6327)

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Azunai.5974

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!
Well, when being jumped by Thieves who run away immediately if they notice they cannot burst me in one cycle.

coughs

Anyhow! Back to regular news!

And they need to be nerfed? I don’t even play a thief and I feel sorry for the mess they are in now.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Carighan.6758

Meh. My GF plays a Thief in WvW, and she hates them, too. Now ofc, I understand the mess they got, but I’d still do something about their escape-potential in turn. :P

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Azunai.5974

Meh. My GF plays a Thief in WvW, and she hates them, too. Now ofc, I understand the mess they got, but I’d still do something about their escape-potential in turn. :P

Mehh. I think they should keep it. But hey, Anet didn’t listen when they nerfed Ride the Lightning into the ground. Not just a higher base CD, but doubling the cd itself if it misses… Which counts when the target dodges or has block on. Argh.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

you wanna talk about nerfed into the ground take a look at kit refinement from almost a year ago. Engineers have been nerfed heavily from the start of the game, and the only buffs I see in the proposed patch notes are slight improvements to grandmaster traits that almost no one uses. The biggest buff we’ve gotten IMO is the change to rocket boots

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

All i see are engis being buffed next patch, is the class already not strong enough?

aoe damage, conditions, burst heal, swiftness up all the time, vigor along with swiftness. All you need now are AI turrets on wheels ??

Honestly, if you have no reasonable grasp on what is occurring, it would appear wiser to simply ask question, rather then to make completely inaccurate assumption.

If you would like an explanation of patch notes, we would be glad to help you, but when you post and make statements that portray a complete lack of understanding, it doesn’t look good for you.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: pheroth.5306

pheroth.5306

Clearly a troll thread.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I would also accept levitating turrets tyvm.

But anyways, its not our good/decent skills getting buffed, some of them are getting, believe me or not, nerfed. Most of these buffs go to our useless/undesirable traits, so, no, engies are clearly not strong enough yet :P

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

The clue for me was when op said ‘swiftness all the time’ and ‘vigor along with it’. That’s what engineers have now and won’t exactly have afterwards. The swiftness on crit trait is not ‘swiftness all the time’ and the change to speedy kits will nerf the perma-vigor we enjoy now. Those changes will be painful for those who play wvw mostly. The only speed buff will be to power shoes working outside of combat.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Speedy kits in itself was said to be buffed to a 10s duration & cool down. SO your mistaken about swiftness. As far as personal swiftness in itself, it will be getting a buff.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

“the change to speedy kits will nerf the perma-vigor we enjoy now”

Changing to a 10 second duration with a 10 second cooldown is a quality of life change so you don’t have to swap kits as often, not a real buff. It is seen as a nerf since you’ll have to wait longer if you get that boon stripped. And since Invigorating Speed is still only 5s ith 5s cooldown, it will no longer behave like perma-vigor. So people are looking at using the on-crit swiftness trait instead… which only works while you’re in combat. Engineers using on-crit swiftness over speedy kits will be slow again in WvW. Power Shoes is not the swiftness boon and doesn’t proc invigorating speed.

Speaking to the OP’s point, it isn’t swiftness all the time and no more perma-vigor. The only way to get that will be to use both on-crit swiftness and speedy kits, forcing engineer to invest in those traits over other better ones. No thank you.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Speak for yourself. I call the quality of life change a buff. Doubling the duration, to me, is a buff.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

I am speaking for myself. And myself disagrees and challenges the OP’s notion that engineer will have perma-vigor and perma-swiftness after the patch. Even the devs have stated in the Dec. 10th patch notes thread that they are affecting perma-vigor.

Chaba Tangnu

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

coglin.1867

We certainly will not have perma-vigor. There is no doubt of that, at least if they make changes as they say they are.

Though we will absolutely have perma-swiftness.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Dajas.4715

Dajas.4715

Perma swiftness is prema swiftness regardless off the cd, so in that light it’s a massive nurf when it come to boom stripping, that’s a potential loss of 9 sec of swiftness compared to our current 4 secs.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Perma-vigor was nerfed. You now need one more trait to achieve it, so many people who played with it, will now not have it anymore. Still; 50% uptime isn’t that bad.

Perma-swiftness was quality-of-life buffed. It’s extremely annoying to have to be hammering some key almost constantly while walking from A to B (unless you’re using medkit). Now you can actually concentrate more on the walking/running itself and still have swiftness up permanently. And seriously… I don’t remember that I EVER got swiftness stripped off of me. So I call the argument “we might lose 9 seconds of swiftness instead of just 4” invalid. And even if… holy kitten, seriously? Like that would be such a big deal.

(edited by Saturn.6591)

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Mak.2657

I’m ok with no permavigor there while no acces to it from other classes. But Incendary powder change really hurts my condy build. Already have much necessary traits at master and gm tiers. So -1 condy type with best damage. And transmute change is bad for condy-heavy fights or just for fight with any decent enemy with spammable condis. E.g. p\x thief with 1st bleeding autoattack will set trait on cd. 8% chance to proc = 1 proc at 12.5 apllied condies on the average. If u get hitted by more then 12.5 condis (e.g. 13 p\x thief autoattacks) in 15 seconds – current state of trait seems better.

(edited by Mak.2657)

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Why are some ppl so concerned about perma swiftness:-D

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Because they want permanent Vigor without having to work for it.

Truth is, Infused Precision and Invigorating Speed is more than fine. People are just upset they can’t have 30 Explosives and 30 Tools for maximum DPS output and still get perma Vigor both inside and outside of combat.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Because they want permanent Vigor without having to work for it.

Truth is, Infused Precision and Invigorating Speed is more than fine. People are just upset they can’t have 30 Explosives and 30 Tools for maximum DPS output and still get perma Vigor both inside and outside of combat.

What does that mean “not work for it”?

Guardian, Mesmer, and Ranger don’t have to activate anything to get Vigor. They also only have to spend 5, 5, and 10 points respectively to gain the same amount of Vigor as the Engi who is spending 20 points, and soon to be 30 points for the same effect. And it will still require the player to actually activate half that Vigor by Kit Swapping, which can’t just be spammed while in combat without serious disregard to your own well being.

If anything, Engi is the only class working for it’s high Vigor uptime. And while that uptime might be a bit too much, it for kitten sure needs to be nerfed for the other classes as well. Vigor nerf needs to be a blanket nerf across the board, not just another balance pot-shot at Engis.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’m ok with no permavigor there while no acces to it from other classes. But Incendary powder change really hurts my condy build. Already have much necessary traits at master and gm tiers. So -1 condy type with best damage. And transmute change is bad for condy-heavy fights or just for fight with any decent enemy with spammable condis. E.g. p\x thief with 1st bleeding autoattack will set trait on cd. 8% chance to proc = 1 proc at 12.5 apllied condies on the average. If u get hitted by more then 12.5 condis (e.g. 13 p\x thief autoattacks) in 15 seconds – current state of trait seems better.

Mes/Guard will still have perma vigor : /

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Mak.2657

Vigor on crit u mean?

26 nov update
“Grenade Barrage: This skill now launches 7 grenades when traited with Grenadier, instead of having a 50% chance to launch 6 or 8 grenades.”
What is this? It always was only 50% chance to proc 8 grenades? Or only said to sweeten the pill?)

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

funny joke. i giggled.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Aberrant.6749

Vigor on crit u mean?

26 nov update
“Grenade Barrage: This skill now launches 7 grenades when traited with Grenadier, instead of having a 50% chance to launch 6 or 8 grenades.”
What is this? It always was only 50% chance to proc 8 grenades? Or only said to sweeten the pill?)

Yea. Very easy to do esp. on mes. If vigor out of combat was the problem, they should have just changed it to only proc while in combat vs nerf it by half. Otherwise they need to tone down those two traits as well… especially considering that eng needs 20 points to achieve this vs just 5 on those two classes.

Tarnished Coast

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

/thread

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Guardian, Mesmer, and Ranger don’t have to activate anything to get Vigor. They also only have to spend 5, 5, and 10 points respectively to gain the same amount of Vigor as the Engi who is spending 20 points, and soon to be 30 points for the same effect. And it will still require the player to actually activate half that Vigor by Kit Swapping, which can’t just be spammed while in combat without serious disregard to your own well being.

They actually have to be attacking something to get Vigor. With decent Critical Hit Chance.

A bunker Engineer with 4% Crit Hit Chance can get permanent Vigor just swapping between Bomb Kit and Tool Kit. Don’t act like we’ve had it hard.

I do, however, understand the sentiment that we spend 20 points to get what they get with 5. I think this is something that will soon be addressed, though.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Most of the buffs have been done to turrets. Which no one uses.
Also, Engineers aren’t overpowered. It’s the people. The profession takes a lot more patience to understand than the majority of the other classes. Therefore if you run in to an Engineer, unlike say a Warrior for example, they probably know the class like the back of their hand. Where as a Warrior just knows hammer + stun = win. ( Not bashing Warrior by the way, my alt is a Warrior and I love them. They’re just not as difficult to understand which means most people who play them don’t know how to take full advantage of their potential.)
So really, just know that if you’re going to be fighting an Engineer there’s a good chance they know their class better than you know yours. And knowing what’s best to use when and how to use it, will inevitably make the profession seem a bit OP.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

coglin.1867

Most of the buffs have been done to turrets. Which no one uses.

Well to be fair, no one uses them because the are still in need of serious buffing.

(edited by coglin.1867)

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

yea – they need 3 things imo:

• much much more HP
  • critable damage
  • picking them up reduces the cd by x% whereas x = their current % HP. so if you pick up a turret with 10% HP, you only get 10% cdr on it, but a full turret can be “moved” easly. minimum CD is 5 sec.
Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

coglin.1867

I agree they need more damage, either with crits or conditions. I think they hosed condition users when they removed a lot of burning and bleeds from some of the turrets.

I would be okay if they had no more hp our toughness as long as the CD were halved, allowing for a more of a disposable use of them. If not, then they definently need more survivability.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: irma.3518

irma.3518

engineer is not buffed… we got nerfed ; the current buffs are useless at pvp and wvw…

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

coglin.1867

engineer is not buffed… we got nerfed ; the current buffs are useless at pvp and wvw…

some of both actually. For example, the upcoming change to modified Ammunition is an indisputable buff. Incendiary Powder is an indisputable nerf.

Its is a fact that we are getting both buffs and nerfs, and it is opinion as to which one we are getting more of. Unfortunately I feel we are getting more nerfs then buff upcoming based on the information so far. But that doesn’t mean we can discount the nerfs.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

lol wut

That one trait being moved to Master is the ONLY trait that makes non-kit Condition builds actually work…………………………… Now non-kits builds have to waste 30 points just to reach it.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

You mean 20 points not 30. It was an adept now its a master meaning you have to spend 10 more points if you still want it.

Ive got this ready to go come december 10th for roaming.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcIQJAqelIq6d3zyuF17ISIFFG+B6RdpXj4HFyFbB-jkCBohBkWAhkGk8GI5rIaslhFRjVJjIqWpEzcjRr2uDQKAI2VB-w

EDIT: might use mine instead of boots. we shall see.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

(edited by Singer.8740)

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

Changes to our trait lines were long overdue.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Mak.2657

Changes to our trait lines were long overdue.

Personally prefer that such changes never will be done… Do not see how to use turrets in wvw roaming exept some exlusions. But condy build will be nerfed.

Engineers being buffed

in Engineer

Aberrant.6749

They actually have to be attacking something to get Vigor. With decent Critical Hit Chance.

A bunker Engineer with 4% Crit Hit Chance can get permanent Vigor just swapping between Bomb Kit and Tool Kit. Don’t act like we’ve had it hard.

I do, however, understand the sentiment that we spend 20 points to get what they get with 5. I think this is something that will soon be addressed, though.

That would satisfy me if they made it less of an investment to achieve something similar as well.

Tarnished Coast