Engis in the 28th of Jan Patch

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Also it’s worth noting that from our patch notes, we didn’t get anything that wasn’t a bug fix (quality assurance team / programming team) or a coding change (programing team).

The balance team devs did literally nothing to improve Engineers >.>

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in Engineer

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

Glad to see some bug fixes. The bundle scaling was a bug. Fixing it is not a buff. A buff would be something like increasing the damage of grenades or reducing the cooldown of a skill.

So a buff isn’t a buff unless it’s a buff?

http://youtu.be/OCkShlycMEY?t=6s <—-all I have to say to that

in Engineer

Posted by: Wasdclick.1764

Wasdclick.1764

Here’s the revised engineer patch changes for people not quite getting it.

+ Engineer kits now benefit from weapon stats.
+ Kits are now scaled to be capable of dealing the same level of damage as Exotic weaponry, in an effort to make them more lovable for endgame.
+ Healing Turret’s regen bug was fixed, making it pretty much the best heal in the game.
+ Turret conditions and boos are now scaled to player stats. That’s right, turrets got a little bit better.
+ Hair Trigger works as intended, which means an overall recharge increase across the board.
+ Incendiary ammo works a little more reliably.
+ Throw Mine benefits from recharge reduction, making it even more fun than before.
+ Other small bug fixes you probably didn’t notice too often before.

What’s this mean?
+ Kits are awesomer, including ye ole Grenade Kit.
+ Turrets may no longer fated to only be part of the occasional Static Discharge build.
+ Healing Turret will now make a certain player drool over it’s new awesomeness, with potential for embarrassing moments of “squee-ing.”
+ Engineers got buffed up, and people can stop saying that ANet doesn’t care about us. Seriously. This is our happy patch of victory and good things to come.

All shall now know the full might of the Pax Engineerica!

(edited by Wasdclick.1764)

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

~Weapons now continue to grant bonus stats while bundles are equipped.
~Bundles from player skills (engineer kits, elementalist conjured weapons, warrior banners) now have base damage that is consistent with the highest rarity weapons available at the level of the player.

So weapon stats finally affect kits, but what exactly does the second mean? Does it mean that our weapons’ damage is applied to our kits or that our kits get the damage of an exotic weapon?

It means the base damage of the kit is calculated around the highest possible item quality for your level. So at level 80 it means your kits have the equivalent damage of an exotic weapon of that level. Before I want to say kits stopped scaling before you hit 80 and were only equivalent of common items.

Thanks Vasham. I was a little confused because I thought that our kits were already equivalent to exotics. I guess I was wrong un until now :/

Just saying, they haven’t said “gadgets” scale with power or precision, just that the boons and conditions they apply now scale. So condition damage and healing power most should scale. We’ll have to test if it’s condition duration and boon duration.

Does this mean that they’ve fixed the healing turret 5hp regen I was getting with full cleric gear? If so that’s one big ninja-fix for me

EDIT: Wasdclick already answered

(edited by JohnDied.3476)

in Engineer

Posted by: Thenoob.1480

Thenoob.1480

Seems the attributes list was adjusted, kits seem to keep our stats, except for 61 armor when equipping a kit.

Fun Police – Sea of Sorrows

in Engineer

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

•Fixed a bug that could cause rectangular skills to fail to hit the correct targets.

could this be a flamethrower? Or what exactly is considered a ‘rectangular’ attack?

I want to be home RIGHT NOW! Stupid work… Can someone verify ANY of this yet? I’m hopping up and down in my seat trying not to get my hopes up too much!

in Engineer

Posted by: Joshua Etwariu.2571

Joshua Etwariu.2571

Awesome, makes me really happy considering I’m a flamethrower elixer engineer in pve

in Engineer

Posted by: athuria.2751

athuria.2751

Flamethower is a cone attack, so I assume that that’s still not fixed (but here’s hoping for the next patch! We’re not the only class hit by that). Rectangular attacks, I believe, are those like Napalm/traps/walls.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Arabelle Jones | Human Engineer
Stormbluff Isle

in Engineer

Posted by: Atamaz.4195

Atamaz.4195

I really love this patch, sure it could have be done more but I think stats on kits and base damage on kits itself are a very good start that should improve our damage at least, while probably as a support we are still behind ele and guardian, our boon are RNG dependant, and we don’t have a “burst heal” of ~2k like ele and guardian have, but there’s still feb and march patches.
Btw regen and super elixir gain from bonus healing even before patch just it gain a ridicolous amount, less than 100 heal with the PvP medallion(~1000 heal) per pulse.
Can’t wait to test kits.

in Engineer

Posted by: lepri.6504

lepri.6504

we got what we wanted most. I can not understand people those still not happy about it. For the first time we get buffs fixes without getting a nerf. What would you expect, a full bug fix to all our problems. Thats not going to happen on one patch. This one at least shows that Anet still knows there is a engineer profession out there. They are on the right track now.

Blacktide>>Yafes>>Asura Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

This patch did nothing to address those who do not use kits. P/P still needs to have it’s damage to condition damage ratios adjusted to have more condition damage. Part of being versatile is being able to spec via weapon or kit into another specialization. Right now kits are still a mess and don’t know what they want to be damage(crit) or condition.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Engineer

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

I’m away from my comp right now…. has anyone tested the weapon stat update for kits? Is it an unmitigated buff or has kit base damage been reduced?

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

in Engineer

Mif.3471

This patch did nothing to address those who do not use kits. P/P still needs to have it’s damage to condition damage ratios adjusted to have more condition damage. Part of being versatile is being able to spec via weapon or kit into another specialization. Right now kits are still a mess and don’t know what they want to be damage(crit) or condition.

Agreed.

Grenadier is the worst imo. They balance grenade kit around it, thereby making the kit nonviable without a 30 point trait. That’s not versatility….

in Engineer

Posted by: lepri.6504

lepri.6504

I admire your dedication to be a no-kit engineer but an engineer without kit does not feel right. Kits are very important to most of us

Blacktide>>Yafes>>Asura Engineer

in Engineer

athuria.2751

Logged in an checked. Definitely getting my stats, base damage on flamethrower seems unaffected. At 80 it was and still is 969, which is somewhere between exotic pistol and exotic rifle. Someone else will have to confirm for other kits because idk what their base attack strength was, or whether it was significantly lower before 80.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Stormbluff Isle

in Engineer

Posted by: YourOwnFear.2743

YourOwnFear.2743

We are only getting stats from the weapons and not the weapon damage. I have 3124 attack with my rifle and still 2888 with all kits on. If thats what your asking. Its equal to a green lvl 78 pistol.

(edited by YourOwnFear.2743)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Well, just ran around Orr for a bit, I feel a lot more survivable, and FT/EG seems useful most of the time. Crit’ing for about 1200 (base, no Juggernaut etc), with Green stuff on (Armageddon gear, MF version). Admittedly they also nerfed/fixed Orr as well, so perhaps that’s a wash.

FT and EG are still missing, in particular when trying to aim up/down a slope. Even terrain works great.

I am seriously contemplating Clerics gear now, since I see that the Heal Turret is showing the same as Elixir H (though I can probably kick off H more since I’ve 30 in Alchemy).

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in Engineer

Wasdclick.1764

So the Healing Turret fix and the Hair Trigger fix do nothing for non-kit engineers?

I mean, yeah, Pistol isn’t the best condition weapon out there. But it’s also the player’s FIRST weapon. If it was scaled to do more condition damage, and less raw damage like you want, players would have a heck of a time getting out of the friggin’ tutorial. (Because early condition damage, especially bleed, is a pittance.) Pistol is a hybrid weapon.

Does it deserve a little love? Yeah. Is it unplayable? Pfft, no! It’s a good weapon, and quite solid at what it does. Especially when you can use the awesome Coated Bullets trait.

And Rifle doesn’t need help either. I know there’s a point of contention there, because it’s a Rifle… But we really do have an amazing weapon there that just needs a few tweaks here and there for fine tuning.

in Engineer

YourOwnFear.2743

After testing in wvw for a bit I noticed there is almost no change in damage and healing with kits on. Weapon damage to kits would have been a better step imo but alteast we didnt get nerfed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Should also note that there was a patch note about a possible nerf to ‘life steal on crit’ food:

→ Life-stealing food buffs based on critical hits no longer affect gadgets.

Odd wording…

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in Engineer

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

After testing in wvw for a bit I noticed there is almost no change in damage and healing with kits on. Weapon damage to kits would have been a better step imo but alteast we didnt get nerfed.

Disappointing, but not unexpected.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I’m just glad they’ve finally started fixing things. Things that should’ve been fixed a long kitten time ago, admittedly, but things nonetheless.

This isn’t the only big patch coming, besides. Maybe the others will finally finish the Engineer – or at least bring it closer to being there.

in Engineer

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

Yeah I expected as much. There a few good engineer builds out there but I was hoping ANet would give all kits a buff so the flamethrower/elixir gun are actually worth using in WvW. When I get home I’m going to give my pure condition damage grenadier another try. Should easily reach 1.75k cd without food or buffs.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

in Engineer

Posted by: CinnaTree.8071

CinnaTree.8071

I just did some test with kits in Orr and WvW but I don’t feel any different. Perhaps I was expecting too much? And grenade still out performs the FT it seems.

in Engineer

Posted by: Joshua Etwariu.2571

Joshua Etwariu.2571

I notice a damage difference, i went to test in low level areas like queensdale where I would usually need 2 of the 1st skill of flamethrower to kill a mob, now it’s one for me. I don’t understand or see the turret buff though.

in Engineer

Wasdclick.1764

I notice a damage difference, i went to test in low level areas like queensdale where I would usually need 2 of the 1st skill of flamethrower to kill a mob, now it’s one for me. I don’t understand or see the turret buff though.

The buff on kits is for low-end damage. Our max didn’t go up all that much, but the minimums skyrocketed. Makes them better early. Which is cool.

The turret buff is an odd one. Essentially, when you place a turret, it has it’s own stats. Let’s use Healing Turret. It places regen on you, with 0 Compassion, and a level equal to your own. If you pick up of destroy the turret, the “player” who placed the buff no longer exists, so suddenly, the regen registers as a level 0 player with 0 Compassion. Thus, the regen ticks for 5 instead of the full equation of 5 + (1.5625 * Level) + (0.125 * Compassion) per second.

5 + (1.5625 * Level 0) + (0.125 * 0 Compassion) = 5 + (0) + (0) per second = Sad panda

So now we have full function to our turret buffs and conditions. This extends to Flame Turret, Rocket Turret, Net Turret, and Rifle Turret’s Overcharge. For the offensive turrets, it’s a small fix, but for the Healing turret, it’s HUGE McLARGESIZE.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Anyone know if the duration increases (boon/condition) work with Turrets as well?

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Gorwe.9672

Gorwe.9672

OMG!

Thank you ANet!

Now I can go lvl my bros(Ranger+Engi) in peace. Healing Turret change makes me pretty happy(I think I’ll go with 3 Turrets and a kit{which one?}).

in Engineer

Posted by: Bidet.3124

Bidet.3124

there is no changes with the turrets

same HP

same Dmg

with or without stuff

in Engineer

Posted by: Gorwe.9672

Gorwe.9672

There is to Healing one.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xplosiv.1503

Xplosiv.1503

Tested some, so far:

1. I think they somewhat fixed FT’s hitting – now i get more hits from obstructed areas – dunno if that’s true, need confirmations
2. The “buff” on kit damage is one big BS. Tried it with every variation with rifle and pistol, no damage change whatsoever. In my opinion, they put it just to have something in the patch notes.
3. Turrets – needs further testing, but so far i dont see the difference —> still useless, still get blown away in a sec with aoe, still no Ai ->> still unavailable for pvp.

to conclude – this patch did NOTHING to engineers. These are my thoughts, and it all needs testing, but overall the changes are small/not visible/not worth mentioning.

in Engineer

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

Can’t say I notice a difference to be honest, any difference at all, other than healing turret.

If they actually did what they say they did in the patch notes that should give them a solid foundation to work from though. Generally speaking it’s imperative to get the basement right before building a sixty story building on it, even if it takes a little longer than planned before the tenants can move in.

I just wish it wouldn’t take that long…

in Engineer

Posted by: Garrus.5089

Garrus.5089

I believe when they say that damage is boosted to the highest available exotic at that level etc.

They mean how a rifle equipped by an engineer, no matter exotic or legendary or whatever, it will always, always do 1090 damage. Which if I remember correctly is the highest damage available on a rifle’s stats to an engineer.

So it’s pretty much that I guess.

Traxus Ironsmoke – Iron Legion Engineer
“IT’S THE RED WIRE!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Well, comparing the damage listed for kits over at gw2skills.net and the damage listed in-game, kit damage is roughly doubled. Prybar is gonna hurt so good now. Tankcat may actually tanksplat now.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

The buff on kits is for low-end damage. Our max didn’t go up all that much, but the minimums skyrocketed. Makes them better early. Which is cool.

The turret buff is an odd one. Essentially, when you place a turret, it has it’s own stats. Let’s use Healing Turret. It places regen on you, with 0 Compassion, and a level equal to your own. If you pick up of destroy the turret, the “player” who placed the buff no longer exists, so suddenly, the regen registers as a level 0 player with 0 Compassion. Thus, the regen ticks for 5 instead of the full equation of 5 + (1.5625 * Level) + (0.125 * Compassion) per second.

5 + (1.5625 * Level 0) + (0.125 * 0 Compassion) = 5 + (0) + (0) per second = Sad panda

So now we have full function to our turret buffs and conditions. This extends to Flame Turret, Rocket Turret, Net Turret, and Rifle Turret’s Overcharge. For the offensive turrets, it’s a small fix, but for the Healing turret, it’s HUGE McLARGESIZE.

What the kitten is compassion?! Did I miss something?

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Well, comparing the damage listed for kits over at gw2skills.net and the damage listed in-game, kit damage is roughly doubled. Prybar is gonna hurt so good now. Tankcat may actually tanksplat now.

Tanksplat? I love the sound of that. Maybe we’ll get a viable Melee build. I can’t wait to test out Bomb Kit as well.

in Engineer

YourOwnFear.2743

There is little to know damage difference on any kits after the patch. They never changed the damage on the kits. I have been in game for a while now and tested every kit and the damage is almost exactly the same. I believe they will fix this soon though because its clearly a bug.

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

•Fixed a bug that could cause rectangular skills to fail to hit the correct targets.

could this be a flamethrower? Or what exactly is considered a ‘rectangular’ attack?

So far this hasn’t been true for me. They needed to do more testing and a stand alone target dummy isn’t going to cut it. Try hitting anything that tries to move to the side of you Anet with this because it’s not working as intended.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

We are only getting stats from the weapons and not the weapon damage. I have 3124 attack with my rifle and still 2888 with all kits on. If thats what your asking. Its equal to a green lvl 78 pistol.

That´s exactly the same I saw: I loose 236 power when I go from my exotic lvl 80 rifle to a kit (according to attack-stats).

I only get the additional stats from the rifle if equipped but not the same base-damage – either a bug or bad expressions in the patch notes?

in Engineer

JohnDied.3476

There is little to know damage difference on any kits after the patch. They never changed the damage on the kits. I have been in game for a while now and tested every kit and the damage is almost exactly the same. I believe they will fix this soon though because its clearly a bug.

I could have sworn that our kits were already supposed to be level with exotics… So maybe the change was minimal?

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Make sure you are testing this in both pvp and pve, things don’t always mirror between the two. Also. Don’t. Ever. Rely. On. The. Tooltip. Ever.

Side note, if stats apply/scale according to highest obtainable, does that mean we get free ascended stats when it comes around? (:

in Engineer

JohnDied.3476

Make sure you are testing this in both pvp and pve, things don’t always mirror between the two. Also. Don’t. Ever. Rely. On. The. Tooltip. Ever.

Side note, if stats apply/scale according to highest obtainable, does that mean we get free ascended stats when it comes around? (:

We will but grenade kit will be nerfed to compensate for this

Also, flamethrower will inexplicably become buggier when that happens.

in Engineer

Mif.3471

I believe when they say that damage is boosted to the highest available exotic at that level etc.

They mean how a rifle equipped by an engineer, no matter exotic or legendary or whatever, it will always, always do 1090 damage. Which if I remember correctly is the highest damage available on a rifle’s stats to an engineer.

Are you taking top damage or average damage?

Because top damage for rifle is 1205, with 1095 average.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Rifle

If the hero panel is displaying attack using the average damage with a kit equipped, and top damage with rifle equipped, it might explain the difference (would need to double check the numbers).

in Engineer

Garrus.5089

I can confirm that stats do affect kits.
The med kit at least.

I have very bad healing with it now. [Bandage Self] heals like barely anything now. Med kit drops heal 95.

“IT’S THE RED WIRE!”

in Engineer

Garrus.5089

Are you taking top damage or average damage?

Because top damage for rifle is 1205, with 1095 average.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Rifle

If the hero panel is displaying attack using the average damage with a kit equipped, and top damage with rifle equipped, it might explain the difference (would need to double check the numbers).

Whatever the damage is on the two numbers, the last of the two numbers 500-1000 etc, it’d be the 1000 I’d imagine. That’s just how I’m interpreting it from what’s been said by Anet, but it could well mean something entirely different in game.

“IT’S THE RED WIRE!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

I can confirm that stats do affect kits.
The med kit at least.

I have very bad healing with it now. [Bandage Self] heals like barely anything now. Med kit drops heal 95.

Why am I not surprised AT ALL my main method of healing just got kitten on

in Engineer

athuria.2751

My healing with Med Kit hasn’t reduced at all—I’m not sure how retaining stats you were otherwise losing in it would make it suddenly drop, outside of outright bugging.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Stormbluff Isle

in Engineer

Posted by: brogarn.8723

brogarn.8723

Yup. Got too excited. Class is back on the shelf.

in Engineer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

Uhhhh, stop theory crafting and play the class. I was rocking in dungeons today. Way more damage than usual with 100nades bar.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in Engineer

Garrus.5089

My healing with Med Kit hasn’t reduced at all—I’m not sure how retaining stats you were otherwise losing in it would make it suddenly drop, outside of outright bugging.

The way the kits have been affected is now starting to become understandable, they have been made so that they’re effective if you want them to be, rather than having a set healing rate. If you want to be a field medic, now you can be.

Bomb Kit uses conditions which are secondary damages to the blast, in theory, power would affect it immediately but I’ve actually forgot to check.

Otherwise, I am using Tank Cat build, no real focus on healing, big focus on having big health bar.

“IT’S THE RED WIRE!”