Engis in the 28th of Jan Patch

in Engineer

Posted by: athuria.2751

athuria.2751

I’m not sure what you mean. Med Kit always scaled with healing power with a base healing level like every other healing skill.

The utility of our kits hasn’t changed, what has changed is that we’re no longer losing a portion of our stats when we switch to them. They were always inheriting the rest of our stats before.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Arabelle Jones | Human Engineer
Stormbluff Isle

in Engineer

Posted by: Garrus.5089

Garrus.5089

Forget I mentioned.

I was in the mists at the time of discussing it last night. I just double checked now and went to the mists.

What I thought it healed, 1,100 per med kit drop, was in mists only. Then I got the update, thrown back into pve land and saw the med kits did nothing because I had no healing power.

While the healing may have gone down, so that healing power can now play a role, I have made a massive mistake lol

Traxus Ironsmoke – Iron Legion Engineer
“IT’S THE RED WIRE!”

(edited by Garrus.5089)

in Engineer

athuria.2751

If you could, it sounds like a bug to me. I have very little Healing Power as well, and am still getting 5k from Bandage Self and 1.1k from the dropped bandages that I was getting before.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Stormbluff Isle

in Engineer

Garrus.5089

Nah, edited post just as you posted yours.

I confused myself, horribly.

“IT’S THE RED WIRE!”

in Engineer

athuria.2751

Yeah, I noticed just now—are you max level in PvE (edit: or in a level 80 zone, given downscaling was adjusted)? The base healing strength scales with level (1000 at 80), and then it receives a 50% from Healing Power on top of that. At 207 healing I am getting the 1,104 healing drop drop bandages I should, and Bandage Self is over 5k as it should be, but I’m also level 80 and getting full stats with it.

If you’re getting lower than what you should be, that’s probably something to report. :|a

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Stormbluff Isle

in Engineer

Garrus.5089

Yeah, nah it’s fine. It’s me, I should be kept away from trying to count numbers lol

I basically was in the mists and forgot that the 5k healing was from in the mists and not in PVE. How I didn’t realise this, I don’t know. It’s like my brain can’t allocate enough memory to maths and only when it comes to maths lol

“IT’S THE RED WIRE!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

It wasn’t much of a balance patch, but that wasn’t ever said to happen anyway. Not til Feb/March. Instead we got some awesome bug fixes, which is pretty nifty.

Engineers don’t get buffs. It’s nerfs or gtfo. So, I’m thrilled we only got bug fixes. We dodged the bullet this patch =D

They’ll get back to you next time.

in Engineer

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

My kit engi is melting a lot of face with my improved kits, thumbs up for this patch

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Engineer

Posted by: KiefyReefer.8304

KiefyReefer.8304

Don’t believe tool tips. This is a huge buff. Im noticing greater damage on my bomb kit and prybar on the tool kit, more so on crits. Prepatch I would crit for average 1900 with the occasional 2k with the bomb kit, now they are all over 2k every time. Im running full exotic berserker gear and rifle and valk gems.
I didn’t even test the healing turret yet, but from reading the posts Im pretty sure Ill be running this now and have much better access to condition removal in my build. THIS IS AWESOME. We are going in the right direction people, encourage this behavior!

Thank You ANet!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Desterion.6407

Desterion.6407

My flamethrower damage is definitely up

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

OP should update the post! It seems engi get cookies and that post just shows we got nothing. Stats to kits is HUGE improvement to us! Infact its smart to test out the pimped kit damage and then in next patch work on fixes.

in Engineer

Posted by: cottage.3274

cottage.3274

this changes have 0 to a very minor impact on our effectiveness in spvp.
the new hero ui is great but it only take date from traits and not runes or sigils.
kits still do very low dmg (no stats on pvp weapons and gear anyway and you still lose weapon dmg when you equip a kit)
the turrets fix is ok but: ai is still nonexistent ,they still die when anyone farts a aoe next to them, and they do low condition and direct dmg for all kind of reasons.
as for deployable turrets trait no one takes it anyway.
healing turret was great before and is even more amazing now after the regen fix cant complain.
Incendiary ammo is a nerf but i again cant complain every profession got a similar nerf.
the upside is the fix to hair trigger,static shield/reinforced shield,speedy gadgets/throw mine.

this patch notes got me thinking on the dev`s list of priorities
is elixir x,reserve mines,toss elixir s ,speedy gadgets & deployable turrets traits fixes are the most urgent or needed fixes?is there noting more pressing to fix for this profession?
i wish they post something for us so we can understand whats going on and get their state of mind i`m sure they are doing the best they can but still i don`t get it.

*also i like to add that if they want to list us ambiguous and unclear fixes in the patch notes they need to add an example skill take this one for size

“Fixed a bug that could cause rectangular skills to fail to hit the correct targets.”
what is it?is it walls like ft napalm? or traps?
is it our cone ft skill/pistol blowtorch? they are rectangular per say and the bug does exist on them.
anyway its anybody guess.

(edited by cottage.3274)

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

While I think that most of the “huge buff” people are experiencing is a placebo :P, I definitely have seen an increase in FT damage.

My total for skill 1 attacks used to be around 1200, now it’s around 1500.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Wasdclick.1764

Wasdclick.1764

What the kitten is compassion?! Did I miss something?

Compassion is the name of the stat used for Healing Power.

in Engineer

Posted by: PotatoOverdose.6583

PotatoOverdose.6583

Anet buffed the engineers with no nerf-strings attached? What black magic is this? Is this a sign of the end times? Is the zombie apocalypse upon us?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

I sure wish they didn’t change toss elixir s. It no longer makes people grow larger, even when they’re not transformed.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

I’ve come to the realization that ArenaNet has drank their own coolaid and they are unable to realize they didn’t make a perfect product.

At 8-10 bug fixes every 3 months they will get through the current Engineer bug list in 2.5 years. They’re either lazy or incompetent. Either way I’m done waiting for them to get their kitten together.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

OP should update the post! It seems engi get cookies and that post just shows we got nothing. Stats to kits is HUGE improvement to us! Infact its smart to test out the pimped kit damage and then in next patch work on fixes.

Its a bugfix. Stats already applied to kits in sPvP.

This massive buff is just your weaponstats now applying in pve and wvw. The real buff, kits scaling upto exotic weapon level, doesnt work.

So damage, across the board, is largely the same. Slightly higher based on the stats you had on your weapon previously. But this is by no means a “HUGE improvement”.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

You guys are Placebo

My Flamethrower hasn’t change, my turrets are the same no boons appear when i use them, all my kits do the same poor damage they did before, i use Exotic Berserker gear and Exotic weapons, i see zero difference in my Engineer than before the patch, its still crap compared to all other classes…

I am not seeing what you guys are seeing…

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

All in all, this is more then I hoped for in a non balance patch! That’s some kitten good bug fixing right there! Back into WvW to make new movie footage of the improved Engineer! yay!!!
Dante, your stat’s should have changed when you hve a kit equipped! Up to now when you did equip a kit, you would lose your weapon stats!

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

It depends on the stats on your mainhand.

If you run a berserker weapon (pow/prec/crit%) then you will notice a bigger increase then if you run power/tough/vit.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

All in all, this is more then I hoped for in a non balance patch! That’s some kitten good bug fixing right there! Back into WvW to make new movie footage of the improved Engineer! yay!!!
Dante, your stat’s should have changed when you hve a kit equipped! Up to now when you did equip a kit, you would lose your weapon stats!

If your weapon has toughness or healing on it, the total difference would be tiny. The only way to see any noticeable damage difference in those numbers popping up on your screen would be if you have power/precision/crit damage on your weapon set. In related news, this could also help kit tank builds quite a bit (for example, before if you had a juggernaut/flamenommer build and had toughness on your pistol and shield, you’d actually lose armor when switching to your juggernaut flamethrower, even though juggernaut is +200 toughness…haha, that’s kind of hilarious, in a bad way.)

Also notice that the patch does not affect PvP at all, so if you’re testing in the mists, it will be exactly the same as pre-patch.

That said, it’s a major bug fix/buff (call it what you like) for PvE and WvW. This is (one of) the ones we’ve been asking for since launch, so…we should at least say thank you, even if it will take 2.5 years to fix the rest of the bugs.

Of course, the patch notes said base damage had been increased, which turned out to not be true. This was a bug fix patch, though, and a base damage increase is nothing but a gigantic buff. If that’s coming at all, it will be in the Feb/Mar balance update.

tl;dr—engineers are about 1/3 fixed and we’re already becoming a force to be reckoned with. Thanks for the progress, devs—keep it coming!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I’m pretty sure my Tool Kit Auto Attack got buffed, Tool Kit auto attacking is now viable in PvE. Not really sure if FT was buffed, can’t compare since I have not used FT for a very long time.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

…1/3 fixed? Lemme check the length of that bug sheet.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_Engineer_bugs

We’re nowhere near 1/3 fixed. Now, sure, many of these bugs are description bugs and incorrect tooltips, but…there’s still a long way to go before we’re that close to where we should have been.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I sure wish they didn’t change toss elixir s. It no longer makes people grow larger, even when they’re not transformed.

Yea, I think this is a new bug. I giggled every time I saw giant Asura. Now no love.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Leviathan.9850

Leviathan.9850

I quite like the patch. We def got some of the things we desperately needed for some time now. Pretty sweet, I’d say, I’m one happy engineer now

Hannelora – Engineer; Fan Lei Fa – Ranger
[Xian] Terracotta Army – Desolation server

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

The reason it won’t matter in the mist, is because it never did! Weapons didn’t have stat there hehe!!
But in general I’m just glad to see my critical chance and life pool not changing to something lower when I swap to a kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

The reason it won’t matter in the mist, is because it never did! Weapons didn’t have stat there hehe!!

That´s not completely right, weapons have a base-damage value even in the mist.

And it´s the same there like in PvE: going into a kit will lower you attack-stats.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Of course, the patch notes said base damage had been increased, which turned out to not be true. This was a bug fix patch, though, and a base damage increase is nothing but a gigantic buff. If that’s coming at all, it will be in the Feb/Mar balance update.

tl;dr—engineers are about 1/3 fixed and we’re already becoming a force to be reckoned with. Thanks for the progress, devs—keep it coming!

What kind of reasoning is this?
Surely, if something is in the patch notes, it should be in the game as well…

You’re going out of your way to find an excuse for the devs here.

If the idea was to implement this later in februari or march, than it should NOT be in the patch notes of januari!

If something is in the patch notes, and it doesn’t work EXACTLY as described when the patch is live, than it is officially a bug.
No other way around it.

It’s in the notes, it must be in the game.
All else is excuses…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

Personally I’m very happy with the weapon stats working on kits, no more dropping in stats on switching.
But this is only half the issue. The weapon damage must be fixed as well.
But since it’s in the patch notes, I hope they will bugfix it any day now (as they should).

Other than that my flamethrower misses less, which is nice too.
Healing turret fix is ok too, other turrets still need work.

Incendiary ammo is a tricky one:
-yes, it should get the same treatment as all other simular skills
- no, it was by no means anywhere near a good and balanced skill.
Together with the fix they should have buffed it too. It’s now a little weaker than before, which is a really odd thing seeing how weak it already was for the long cooldown.

I expected more, but the kit scaling was the major one for me.
If they fix the weapon damage bug, at least it will be a major improvement to engineers.

Far from done though, they really need to step up the pace for engineers…

in Engineer

Amadeus.5687

That´s not completely right, weapons have a base-damage value even in the mist.

And it´s the same there like in PvE: going into a kit will lower you attack-stats.

That’s true, there is a base-damage value, I just don’t count that as a “stat”. But yeah, they still need to fix that bug! but oh well, half way there now!

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

I’m pretty sure my Tool Kit Auto Attack got buffed, Tool Kit auto attacking is now viable in PvE.

Yes, the Tool Kit Auto Attack does definitely more damage now.
Before the patch the damage of the first two hits of its #1 were definitely a bit below rifle´s #1 (tested it often enough)
Now the damage is higher than rifle´s #1

But I dont know how other kits are doing. I think nades now do a bit more damage, too, but I haven´t used them often enough. So I can´t reliably tell.

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Im using rifle but the stats doesnt effect my grenade kit/flamethrower. Is this bug or ment to be like this? My attack stays the same.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

I’m pretty sure my Tool Kit Auto Attack got buffed, Tool Kit auto attacking is now viable in PvE.

Yes, the Tool Kit Auto Attack does definitely more damage now.
Before the patch the damage of the first two hits of its #1 were definitely a bit below rifle´s #1 (tested it often enough)
Now the damage is higher than rifle´s #1

But I dont know how other kits are doing. I think nades now do a bit more damage, too, but I haven´t used them often enough. So I can´t reliably tell.

Loving it so far.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: commanderrab.5139

commanderrab.5139

That’s a sexy 7k thwack.

“Only an Engineer would weaponize a box of piranhas.”

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

That’s a sexy 7k thwack.

That is clearly not possible. because they say so.

While I think that most of the “huge buff” people are experiencing is a placebo

Yet people are posting screen shots with numbers in them. Hmm, someone is full of it.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

(edited by coglin.1496)

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I can post pics of my Flamethrower between all the misses i still do max 1500 – 1700 on a crit.. damage exactly what i did before the patch, and yes when i equip a kit my stats DROP around 250…

My elixir gun does a pitiful 350 -400 on a crit..

the patch note state it goes to the weapon stats which isn’t the case at all…

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

I can post pics of my Flamethrower between all the misses i still do max 1500 – 1700 on a crit.. damage exactly what i did before the patch, and yes when i equip a kit my stats DROP around 250…

Are you testing this in the Mists?

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

coglin.1496

Actually if very factually is the case. Your just plain wrong. You get the weapons stats. You do not get the weapons damage . As we have stated repeatedly throughout the thread.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

Actually if very factually is the case. Your just plain wrong. You get the weapons stats. You do not get the weapons damage . As we have stated repeatedly throughout the thread.

Well, his attack stat shouldn’t drop, since this:

“Bundles from player skills (engineer kits, elementalist conjured weapons, warrior banners) now have base damage that is consistent with the highest rarity weapons available at the level of the player.”

Except he is testing in the Mists, or did I read that wrong?

Pannonica
Red Guard

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Yet people are posting screen shots with numbers in them. Hmm, someone is full of it.

Nice job editing out the part where I said I had noticed a damage increase to take the quote out of context….

The across the board “huge buff” is a placebo (unless you’re low level), but they have definitely played with the damage coefficient on a number of skills. Grenades are more or less the same, Flamethrower is a bit higher, Tool Kit seems to be a truckload higher (doesn’t surprise me as Jon Peters has said it’s his favorite…).

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

What kind of reasoning is this?
Surely, if something is in the patch notes, it should be in the game as well…

You’re going out of your way to find an excuse for the devs here.

If the idea was to implement this later in februari or march, than it should NOT be in the patch notes of januari!

If something is in the patch notes, and it doesn’t work EXACTLY as described when the patch is live, than it is officially a bug.
No other way around it.

It’s in the notes, it must be in the game.
All else is excuses…

This is the first patch in which engineers received bugfixes or buffs without getting major nerfs. Since beta 1. It’s never happened before. Literally, we’ve never been better off after a patch than before—until now. All I’m saying is, it’s a step in the right direction.

Of course, it was just a PvE bugfix, but I’ll take it. 1/3 fixed was an exaggeration. The patch note error is a bad mistake, but at least it doesn’t make us worse than before the patch.

in Engineer

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

The across the board “huge buff” is a placebo (unless you’re low level), but they have definitely played with the damage coefficient on a number of skills. Grenades are more or less the same, Flamethrower is a bit higher, Tool Kit seems to be a truckload higher (doesn’t surprise me as Jon Peters has said it’s his favorite…).

I don’t have the time to look up all the old mathy posts at work, but didn’t each kit have a unique base damage before the patch, so some kits could conceivably be seeing a buff while others might be seeing a nerf?

Something unrelated to the above that I tested last night: They’ve completely busted Healing Turret with this patch through some other, completely unrelated fix. It’s always been possible to cancel Healing Mist with deploy Healing Turret and still get the water field while Healing Mist only goes on a 5 second “skill cancel” cooldown, but the timing is even EASIER now; I can flawlessly execute it without any mechanical assistance now, when it was nearly impossible to replicate before.

Enjoy it while it lasts folks, I doubt it’ll survive the next hotfix.

in Engineer

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

My puny upleveled engi was a wrecking machine with a wrench last night in WvW so I’m sold, and I’m not even running a power/crit centered build right now. Not even gonna complain.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Engineer

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

I will repeat that I felt much more survivable in Orr, and the fact that I just did a mini-roam with another engi just now was really cool. I’m currently Rifle/FT/H/B/U (Juggernaught, Tough/Vit/MF gear), the other engi was Rifle(Pop Gun)/EG/Elixirs from what I could determine. Good synergy there – FT didn’t miss very often, she would pop SE now and then in tight spots (which was a good supplement to H /w 409). I finally got into a zone where I’d alternate the knockdowns between FT and Rifle 4…

Darnit, now I’m torn as to wanting Cleric gear or not. Pfft.

BTW, I’m just not seeing these Toolkit numbers everyone’s talking about. I guess that’s because I’m just not geared properly (in particular, almost everything is still Masterwork), and really need to sit down and focus on a setup now.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Nice patch Anet, Thank you
I think everyone that understands the patch correctly will agree that, if anything, it was an improvement.

Now make Kit Refinement work while you are in the air so I can barrage ppl in mid-flight.

in Engineer

coglin.1496

Nice patch Anet, Thank you
I think everyone that understands the patch correctly will agree that, if anything, it was an improvement.

Now make Kit Refinement work while you are in the air so I can barrage ppl in mid-flight.

I agree on both points.

Now if they can just work on condition damage so folks do not get diminishing returns on condition damage builds with multiple players on the same mob.

in Engineer

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Did you notice the wrench increase in PvE and WvW only?

Because I tried it in the Mists, and it didn’t seem to me like it did any more damage.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

(edited by redslion.9675)

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

There is a buff in the general section:

Profession Skills
General

• Gadgets placed by players (such as turrets) will now apply boons and conditions based on those players’ stats. Those conditions and boons will not be reduced to level-1 values when the triggering gadget is destroyed.

so how should that work since the only turret wich grants boons is the healing turret .

in Engineer

Kimbald.2697

There is a buff in the general section:

Profession Skills
General

• Gadgets placed by players (such as turrets) will now apply boons and conditions based on those players’ stats. Those conditions and boons will not be reduced to level-1 values when the triggering gadget is destroyed.

so how should that work since the only turret wich grants boons is the healing turret .

well, that’s it really…

Before when you destroyed healing turret, the regen stayed on you. But the healing done was suddenly only 5 (FIVE) per tick.

Now the regen stays as it was before destroying the turret. The stats counting than will still count after the turret is gone so the regen won’t drop to 5 anymore.

That’s the buff: important for healing turret, less so for the other turrets.
Not sure if flaming turret for example was ever effected.