Engy Support Build for WvW/ PvE

in Engineer

Posted by: Davi.4920

Davi.4920

As title, is there an effective one out there? Would prefer to play my engy but I’m running out of ways to enjoy it

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

Most support builds revolve around certain kits and the Elixir gun. My favorites use healing bombs and cleric’s gear. What kind of kits do you like using?

Elixir gun is good if you go with kit refinement for the double Super Elixir. Also, I find that vulnerability stacking from grenades is good support, and I really like tanking with healing bombs, when I can. So I run 30/0/30/0/10 with grenade kit, bomb kit, and elixir gun. Healing bombs ensures that you do a lot of healing and get more out of the double super elixirs, in addition to this grenade and bomb traits synergize really well together and provide a great amount of vulnerability and combos.

You could also go the tankiest route and go full 30 into alchemy and 30 into firearms for the Juggernaut build trait. Might stacking isn’t the only way to go with Flamethrower as it synergizes with elixir gun with regards to traits. You can still do support with runes that trigger on heals with med kit, and apparently you can do this mid flamethrower auto attack (Probably going to get fixed when people catch on). Although I don’t really like this build, I’ve been told that if you still want to might stack you can support well by surviving and reviving others :/

in Engineer

Posted by: kwOn.1074

kwOn.1074

errm what runes will you recommend if i plan to run the 30/0/30/0/10 build for wvw

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

400+ hrs in WvW as an engineer, a lot playing support. I also have a 40’s guardian alt in WvW. The guardian is more effective support than the max level & geared engineer.

To small radii on most things, rng skills, bad heal scaling, and too slow animations, plus bugs ruin engineer’s potential.

I want my engineer to be better, I try crazy combos to try and make my engineer better, it’s just not versatile enough to do a much while supporting as much a even a low level ungeared support guardian.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

The guardian is more effective support than the max level & geared engineer.

Support seems easier and more effective to do with the guardian. I’m leveling my own guardian now as well.

On my engi I have 6 runes of Dwayna for full party regen. Cleric armor, and I alternate between cleric trinkets and Knight trinkets. I’ve been liking the knight trinkets a little more recently. Sigils, I haven’t gotten around to get just right.

Oh, one more thing. I only do PvE so I would recommend playing around a little with the build for WvW depending on what exactly you want to do for your group. You might be well off switching kit refinement for speedy kits and going with med kit to maximize your runes. If you get good with med kit you might wan’t to replace elixir gun with a stunbreaker/condition cleanse/elixir s. I really wish they’d just replace the useless fumigate with one of those :/

in Engineer

Posted by: MikeT.9428

MikeT.9428

My opinion is I play the engineer because it’s fun but I find the limited support the engi offers generally isn’t worth focusing on. I normally run the elixir gun in dungeons as support but I plan to use the necro or the mesmer as my main dungeon runner in the near future. The mediocre damage, and support just doesn’t work so great in a group setting IMO. I prefer running more or less solo in WvW as a tank. I’ll join an occasional zerg if I’m trying to get DE’s done or I’m not finding many roamers to attack.

And like John mentioned. I’d respec when switching between PVE and WvW. At least I do.

Jade Quarry
Never underestimate an engineer with a wrench
Exploding illusions FTW

in Engineer

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

These guys are right. Run support if you want, but know that a Guardian half your level with half the gear does it better. Equally geared, an Elementalist arguably does it better too. In my eyes, an Engineer offers the most in WvW with grenade spam to stack vulns, do some damage and provide area denial and in small scale skirmishing groups where the Engi focuses on CC. This is one of the reasons I was angry about the Grenade damage nerf. It greatly reduced one of only a couple effective roles an Engi fills in WvW.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate