Evasive Powder Keg needs removal

in Engineer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

That trait kills me very often.

Whenever I try to stealth and get away, the bomb will attack and put me out of stealth. I can’t trait Evasive Powder Keg out.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

What’s worse imo is reserve mines. At least with powder I can choose not to dodge. At 25% drop mines that you can’t detonate and sit around for the other player to walk over one to cause revealed. Again you can’t choose not to take it. : /

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I guess that’s their indirect approach to ensuring that Grenadiers are at a disadvantage. X)

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

what aberrant said.
you have some control over evade bombs, I use them alot to improve my burst;
reserve mines however… they do next to nothing and get you revealed and you can’t avoid not dropping them. I’d rather not have a minor trait than having that.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

Reserve Mines is definitely the worse Minor trait, being not only higher up in tier, but also having the snowball potential of killing you with Confusion at 25% HP. I still appreciate the extra damage of EPK (I do believe that it is the highest damage on-dodge proc in game), but there is nothing redeeming about Reserve Mines.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

in Engineer

Posted by: Rodrigo.1486

Rodrigo.1486

Do Reserve Mines remove a boon like other mines do? If so maybe the trait doesn’t suck as much as we all think it does.

in Engineer

Posted by: NinjaYoshi.3429

NinjaYoshi.3429

Yes, they do remove a boon per mine, per person hit. It’s annoying nuking off an explosives Engie and losing the 2 minutes of swiftness I had built up because I touch one of the mines.

Ze Butler – Level 80 Human Engineer, and a lot of alts
[YOHO] – Its a Pirate Life for Me

in Engineer

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Yes, evasive powder keg can be annoying as hell (in the video linked in my signature it triggered revealed a couple of times) but its very high damage is very useful.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in Engineer

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

Definitely wouldn’t want it to just be removed.

Reserve mines has always just been one of the most garbage traits ever though. I mean, if it at least had a lower cooldown like 10-20 seconds, I know I’d be crazy enough to try a build that tried to stay around 25% health just spewing mines everywhere.