Evasive powder keg - make it an adept trait

in Engineer

Posted by: tyrellian.3706

tyrellian.3706

With the engi trait changes, reserve mines is being got rid of.

This is a good thing, because a trait that telegraphs when you’re low on health and pulls you out of stealth does more harm than good.

But its evil twin, evasive powder keg, still remains. Now, I’m aware it has its uses – a bit of extra dps in PvE specifically – but in PvP/WvW it’s a liability: it brings you out of stealth and puts you in combat, in situations where you want neither. And because its a minor trait, you can’t get rid of it without dumping the entire explosives line.

Given that traits are being reworked, please could this one be adept, and thus optional?

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Evasive Powder Keg is quite important for me as the bomb damage is really high. It also punishes chasers. If this would get moved to the adept tier it would be a huge nerf for me. With proper use of your dodges, you shouldn’t get destealthed often anyways.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

What Wolfar said.
Moving it from a minor to an adapt tier trait would be a most-unwelcome nerf for me.
And it’s unreasonable as well, given that all classes have a minor trait that procs on-dodge effects.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

You know what would be a BETTER solution to your woes?
If the evasive powder keg didn’t de-stealth you.

I find the bombs are no problem anyways because you have control over it. The auto-minefield is much worse because it triggers at low health which is often when you want to keep stealth.

Really, it doesn’t make a terrible amount of sense for layed items like mines and traps to de-stealth you anyways. It might be interesting to see some specific skills that allow you to attack from stealth without actually revealing yourself, but might cause some serious unbalancing for certain match-ups, I suppose.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

What Wolfar said.
Moving it from a minor to an adapt tier trait would be a most-unwelcome nerf for me.
And it’s unreasonable as well, given that all classes have a minor trait that procs on-dodge effects.

Yeah, all professions really should have the similar on dodge traits at the same tier.

in Engineer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I agree it should stay a minor.

However, if they were to move it, it could be merged with the grandmaster trait, the one that makes it a blast finisher.