Expansion Hammer Hype

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Captain Swag.5893

Captain Swag.5893

Could we possibly be getting those fabled “New weapons for each profession” that we heard words of so long ago?

Could Engineers finally get the glorious hammers they deserve?
Will they finally be able to slam some face in melee range?

Nobody knows, but each of us hopes and dreams it will be so.

#HammerEngineers2015

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I hope a weapon with accurate, long range abilities apart from the auto-attack.

#HammerWithABunchOfElectricalBlasts

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Captain Swag.5893

I hope a weapon with accurate, long range abilities apart from the auto-attack.

#HammerWithABunchOfElectricalBlasts

Why not both?

I think the grenade kit and bomb kit could use an overhaul. They’re both great in use but very clunky. Grenades could become the new “ranged standard” if they’re done right.
Bombs could be an ACTUAL melee kit, not just for kiting and stack-killing.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

its hammer time

…no, hammer blows, mace pls i want to use fixer upper

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Captain Swag.5893

its hammer time

…no, hammer blows, mace pls i want to use fixer upper

We already have the fixer upper in the tool kit, though!
That would be very redundant.

A hammer fits the engineer “role” more, as well as the fact that it would fill a much needed spot. Only 2 professions can use hammers, warrior and guardian, and this would allow it to be on a 3rd.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

only 2 professions can use maces, warrior and guardian, and this would allow it to be on a 3rd.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

only 2 professions can use maces, warrior and guardian, and this would allow it to be on a 3rd.

Every mace attack is the same. Whether it’s Toolkit (Mace), Guardian Mace, or Warrior Mace.

I personally hate mace auto attacks universally in this game. Zzzzz sorry, I fell asleep between the 2nd and 3rd ability in the chain.

As far as I’m concerned, the Engineer already has a Mace and it’s not particularly useful, lol.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Every mace attack is the same. Whether it’s Toolkit (Mace), Guardian Mace, or Warrior Mace.

I personally hate mace auto attacks universally in this game. Zzzzz sorry, I fell asleep between the 2nd and 3rd ability in the chain.

As far as I’m concerned, the Engineer already has a Mace and it’s not particularly useful, lol.

this is why I want engineers with hammers to be like using a squirrel with a weight glued to its hands, fast jittery and gets dragged all over the place by it’s weight.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

engineers got wrenches (toolbox auto) so a mace type weapon is already there;)
I say they don’t need any more weapons, the appeal of engi is that you don’t need to stack 100 different weapons to be ready for what’s around the corner.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Captain Swag.5893

engineers got wrenches (toolbox auto) so a mace type weapon is already there;)
I say they don’t need any more weapons, the appeal of engi is that you don’t need to stack 100 different weapons to be ready for what’s around the corner.

That’s true, but Engineer is the only class with no real melee choise.
Even elementalists, mesmers, and necromancers have some form of close combat with their daggers or swords. The Engineer has the tool kit, which is fun, but still lackluster at best.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

hype train successfully derailed by quibbling over maces~

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Captain Swag.5893

With no decent offhand to go with it, I don’t see it happening.
There’s pistol for condition, shield for defence, but nothing for power.
Perhaps if engineers got another offhand, then I’d be down. I don’t see a focus or a torch fitting an engineer very well at all though.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

With no decent offhand to go with it, I don’t see it happening.
There’s pistol for condition, shield for defence, but nothing for power.
Perhaps if engineers got another offhand, then I’d be down. I don’t see a focus or a torch fitting an engineer very well at all though.

Off hand mace, you’re welcome. But wait, no forget mace. #Hammertime

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Harbinger.5129

Harbinger.5129

YES!

It’s hammer time!

A N E T P L E A S E!!!

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Captain Swag.5893

YES!

It’s hammer time!

A N E T P L E A S E!!!

Can’t touch this.

Hammer hype intensifies

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

mmmmm dual wielding fixer uppers

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Do you remember that red post where devs said: “Hammers for engineers? Check” ?:-) I already start crafting legendary and also mace because its 2nd most possible weapon for engi:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

First rule of Guild Warts 2: Don’t get hyped for anything! It will just end in disappointment!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Wouldnt offhand torch be kinda logic? Making explosions with it to make it function as a power OH?

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Wouldnt offhand torch be kinda logic? Making explosions with it to make it function as a power OH?

Well we have Mesmers with GS who were imagine thet right?:-) Torch make sence to me aswell

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

A melee main weapon would be indeed appreciated.
If it was a mace, i would go for the legendary asap. Having The Moot and Quip together in hand would make for a fabolous combination.

That, or a rocket hammer.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

Stop
it’s hammer time
http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1361669153_Stop-Hammertime.gif <- Typical Hammer engineer

Screw electrical hammer (mace can be electric themed).
Rocket Hammer hype! Jet powered, explosive hammer with trail of fire and smoke.
What can be better ? :O

Trust me. I’m engineer

(edited by Miltek.2104)

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

I hope that thing gives us a Lightning field

(edited by guildabd.6529)

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Snakebyte.2804

Snakebyte.2804

Guys, you got me all hyped at work. I’m embarrassing myself right now.

Gringo Pls, JQ Engineer

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: kakumbien.8047

kakumbien.8047

6 : 44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84411374&v=Jy7CcwnfUdU&x-yt-ts=1421828030

Sorry for being dissapointing guys but i heard a melee weapon promise from a dev 17 MONTHS ago and we got nothing for this time.

Cheers !

Bone Horn (Charr Engineer)
Bone Fighter (Minionmaster Necro)
Kakumvale (Conditioner Necro)

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

I posted this like, 5 months ago or something. It was my idea for an electrical discharge theme Hammer.

Hammer 1)

• Discharge: Chain. Send an arc of static electricity along the ground, hitting up to three foes in a line. 1/2 Second cast, range 600.
    Paralyze: Chain. Send an arc of electricity along the ground, crippling up to three foes in a line. Cripple: 2 seconds. 1/2 Second cast, range 600.
    Deaden: Chain. Send out a shockwave in a cone, dazing foes. Daze: 1/4 seconds. 1/2 Second cast, range 600.

Hammer 2)

• Fulminate: Strike nearby foes, the first causing vulnerability, and the second hit causing weakness. Vulnerability (5): 10 seconds. Weakness: 5 seconds. 1 Second cast, roots Engineer. Radius: 180. Targets: 3. 8 Second cooldown.

Hammer 3)

• Simulacrum: Fire a slow, arcing lightning hammer projectile that stuns on impact. Simulacrum lingers for 5 seconds at the target location. Stun: 2 seconds. 3/4 Second cast, range 600. 15 Second cooldown. Pre-requisite for Attunement. (No attunement available if projectile is destroyed/reflected.)
    Attunement: Teleports the Engineer to the location of the Simulacrum. Removes Cripple, Chill, and Immobilize. 1/2 Second cast time.

Hammer 4)

• Static Force: Cause the ground to swarm with static, immobilizing enemies. Immobilize: 1 seconds. Combo Field: Lightning. Static Force duration: 3 seconds. Interval: 1 second. Unblockable. 3/4 Second cast. 240 Radius. 600 Range. 30 Second cooldown.

Hammer 5)

• Stray Voltage: Leap in the targeted direction direction, evading attacks and damaging foes in a line. Range: 600. Evade 3/4 second. 20 Second cooldown.

That’s the kind of hammer I would like! Totally power based, can do fine from 600 range as long as it goes in once every 8 seconds, and has defensive tools for the Engineer.

Ability for Engineer to get up very short vertical teleports by attuning to the hammer toss location would pretty much allow berserker builds to juke and survive similar to how Mesmers do, except not usable while CC’d. I would cream myself if that became a thing.

I’d also get this:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mj%C3%B6lnir

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

(edited by Chaith.8256)

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Could we possibly be getting those fabled “New weapons for each profession” that we heard words of so long ago?

Could Engineers finally get the glorious hammers they deserve?
Will they finally be able to slam some face in melee range?

Nobody knows, but each of us hopes and dreams it will be so.

#HammerEngineers2015

Good news for you, Hammer, and what looks like flying turrets, confirmed for xpac.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Hammer has been seen together with battle drones in the cinematics. I beleve there is only one weapon per class, same as GS necro, staff ranger and shield on mes.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Thyend.3692

Thyend.3692

Rejoice my fellow engineers!

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Time to get myself a Mecha Anchor.

First rule of Guild Warts 2: Don’t get hyped for anything! It will just end in disappointment!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I thought this was a general rule. :P

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

(edited by MrForz.1953)

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

great in use but very clunky.

That sums up the engineer in total.

The basic theme of the profession is very “mad scientist”.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Need to make juggernaut now.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

Need to make juggernaut now.

New Legendary weapon hype, safe your gifts.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

will new legendary make you covered in chrome? idk man

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

I want weapon swaps. I’m tired of playing with 2 free utility slots if I want 2 weapon sets. And I want a one-handed weapon. Now I can’t play a power spec with shield.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Chaith.8256

I want weapon swaps. I’m tired of playing with 2 free utility slots if I want 2 weapon sets. And I want a one-handed weapon. Now I can’t play a power spec with shield.

You don’t know you can’t play a power spec with a shield yet. Hammer confirmed =/= other weapons denied from Xpac.

Personally, I think Rifle does a lot for the Power Engineer right now, I’m not sure how what they will make Hammer good at.

What we really need is a power oriented kit. Ideally longrange.. without heavy conditions, as in, not being hybrid, but rather, be power focused. Maybe the Engineer specialization will include that.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I sort of expected this after playing hammer engineer in torchlight 2. It just makes sense (somehow) and it’s great that we will have it in GW2 as well.

(edited by Kraljevo.2801)

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Woo another character for my Jugg (aside from Guard/Warr).

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

A melee main weapon would be indeed appreciated.
If it was a mace, i would go for the legendary asap. Having The Moot and Quip together in hand would make for a fabolous combination.

That, or a rocket hammer.

omg Rocket Hammer. Battle Angel Alita-style. #smokesInvisibleCigarette Now that’s too sexy.

I sort of expected this after playing hammer engineer in torchlight 2. It just makes sense (somehow) and it’s great that we will have it in GW2 as well.

You have any idea how much I miss my Torchlight engi?! But that archaic mouse click-to-move setup instead of WASD just… they kinda let me down on that game and I ended up here because Anet made a mac client:) now I can live the dream! If only we could get a giant wrench skin for hammer… (and also spider mines) I’ll be a happy camper. Really liking that new specialization.

I’ll be honest though, I’m getting a Windows license and running GW2:HoT through parallels to get the true expansion experience on PC. I’m kinda done messing around with the mac client.

(edited by johnsonade.9547)

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

…spider mines.
O_O

I want bunker down to release exactly that: AI-mini-mines that spawn every 2 seconds if I crit regularly, drop to the ground and jump after the nearest player (1 second delay before they jump). I don’t care if it is my target or not, I wanna see chaos and explosions all around me. Low dmg? fine, just make sure that they are homing and I will totally spend the 6 points into firearms, pick up 2 useless traits on the way, and then spam bombs all day long.

If not a trait, give us a new gadget that dispenses them for the next 10 seconds, 10 mines in total with a 45sec cd. toolbelt could be 5 spawning at once with a 45sec cd as well (going down to around 36 seconds if 6 in tools).

All I want are little suicidal minions, loaded with pounds and pounds of TNT, jumping after the first thing to move.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

I actually think that would be a good way to change bunker down i mean its in a firearms trait line no one ever runs over them

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Bunker down should spawn a mine at the location of the enemy you critted with 1 sec arm time.

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Peutrifectus.4830

Peutrifectus.4830

I’m not ashamed to say that I have 2 hammers in my bank since the expac trailer… both 2 handed, exotic, 1 rampager, 1 soldier (just in case) and I definitely have the steam hammer skin unlocked in my wardrobe…. hyped!

#battleangelalitarockethammerintheface

Expansion Hammer Hype

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

So glad I bought the Aetherized Hammer skin back when it was 300g in anticipation of this happening!!!

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry