mine are simple

damage in the leagues of burst mesmer, thief, guardian

thats it

some things needed buff some needed nerf lets hope anet dint break it all

Expectations of Holosmith

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

true dat, even if holosmith doesn’t end up as THE top dps spec, I wish for it to land in the upper 5 ranks.

And since that should be covered then, what will be our elite heal spec?

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Be happy you dont have kittenty elite like firebrand. Tested holosmith and it has 2nd dmg of elites right behind deadeyes.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Everyone knows everything engi related gets 60% nerfs

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i expect pve will finally not be “skip elite, core is better dps” and thats really the only expectation i have at the moment

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

I’ll do anything to avoid another few years of core engi in PvE.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

i hope pve will finally not be “skip elite, core is better dps” and thats really the only hope i have at the moment

Fixed that for you.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

A straight improvement for our Power dps, thats all what im asking, nothing else…

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

The only thing I really expect is for Holosmith to swap in for Tools in the meta PvE condi build and provide a sizable dps boost.

There are many other things I want to happen with Holosmith but I’m not sure enough on any of them to expect it.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

i hope pve will finally not be “skip elite, core is better dps” and thats really the only hope i have at the moment

Fixed that for you.

hmm no if its bad at dps i expect anet will fix it cuz otherwise it would be pointless so theyll make sure its good enough to one up core. if not at release, then <1 year after. they arent stupid, just too kitten slow and undermanned for the project of balance. what i dont expect is for any single forum denizen’s vision of change to impress them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Fixed that for you.

hmm no if its bad at dps i expect anet will fix it cuz otherwise it would be pointless so theyll make sure its good enough to one up core. if not at release, then <1 year after. they arent stupid, just too kitten slow and undermanned for the project of balance. what i dont expect is for any single forum denizen’s vision of change to impress them.

Considering how they treated the scrapper, I wouldn’t be all that surprised if they nerfed the hell out of holosmith, leaving it a husk in PvE.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

Fixed that for you.

Considering how they treated the scrapper, I wouldn’t be all that surprised if they nerfed the hell out of holosmith, leaving it a husk in PvE.

Or actually backwards this time, nerfs that leave the spec out of question for pvp and only effecitve at pve…

in Engineer

insanemaniac.2456

Fixed that for you.

scrapper wasnt supposed to be good in pve…

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

Fixed that for you.

scrapper wasnt supposed to be good in pve…

Altough true, the original Scrapper was hilaring it to do it, the amount of damage it used to dealt was waaay more than today’s Scrapper, some tweaks in some number, and it could have been a decent dps option.

If only Anet embraced the Split balance more earlier, these nerfs to the damage wouldnt have nerver met in PVE.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

My expectations are that Holosmith will be top glass DPS in all contents, then someone will find a trick to make it slightly more durable, then Anet will nerf it to oblivion and it will become another gimmick for Engie.

My hope is that Anet will NOT use it as a crutch to duct-tape all the problems in Core Engie.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks