Expert Examination obsolete

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

With the removal of gyro daze Expert Examination become obsolote.
Could it be replaced with something else?
New trait suggestion: Using a toolbelt skill grants 2s super speed to nearby allies.

(edited by guildabd.6529)

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Guess they could change Impact Savant as well then. Having a minor trait to raise duration of stuns and dazes is meaningless if they keep removing ways to deal them.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Let’s be smart here guys. Ask yourselves;

What is Thunderclap?

What does Thunderclap + Rocket Charge do?

What does Shredder Gyro toolbelt: Spare Capacitor skill do?

I mean seriously, did you forget that there were other skills and other ways that a Scrapper could apply daze?

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Yeah, I was about to mention Hammer 5 as well. The trait still has uses, albeit more limited.

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

What is Thunderclap?

I mean seriously, did you forget that there were other skills and other ways that a Scrapper could apply daze?

Yeah, exactly two ways, how amazing. And they removed, like, six.
But everything is fine, eh.

in Engineer

Dirame.8521

What is Thunderclap?

Toss Shield 5, Personal Battering Ram’s Tool belt skill, Supply Crate, AED’s Toolbelt skill, Net Turret.

I believe that’s 5 ways to apply dazes and 4 ways to apply stuns.

in Engineer

Manuhell.2759

And how many of these other ones you mentioned require scrapper? Oh, none. That trait ends up being better suited for the base spec than the elite spec whose it is a minor for. Purity of purpose at its finest, huh.
And before this patch we had 11 ways to put dazes, then. More than half got removed in a single sweep.
Let alone actually use those sources in a single build, and one that actually has any chance to work. But sure, feel free to use a build with shield, battering ram and net turret, i’m sure it will all work fine.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Actually making it a minor trait is better idea. Merge it with Impact Savant.

(edited by guildabd.6529)

in Engineer

Dirame.8521

And how many of these other ones you mentioned require scrapper?

The fact that the trait works well with the core skills and Scrapper skills makes the trait even more useful. Why would you complain that you don’t need scrapper to use dazes? I thought everyone was complaining that the Elite specs were too powerful and should be toned down so that the core specs could be more useful?

And before this patch we had 11 ways to put dazes, then. More than half got removed in a single sweep.

What are you going to do with 11 dazes anyway? 5 dazes are fine. We’ve got a ton of CC outside of Dazes as it stands anyway so complaining about this is just silly.

The reality is and the reality remains that when I decide to use Impact Savant and Expert Examination, I can get the full benefit from it. With core skills AND with the Scrapper skills.

Listen, I’m the guy who complains about the explosives line being a waste of space so if a trait is truly useless, I would be the first to back you up. I’m more inclined to agree with the guildabd that the trait should be merged with Impact Savant. It would improve it’s usefulness.

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

IMO the only real problem is that Impact Savant should be a CHOICE. So if you are making a build for a CC scrapper, you could take it and feel happy for having the option, instead of feeling like crap because your minor doesn’t do anything good for a build without dazes or stuns.

Minor traits should ALWAYS benefit the build, no matter its focus. AFAIK, this is true for most minors in the game.

Scrapper seems to be the only elite spec made thinking in only one playstyle, for only one game mode, whit only one weapon, and with only one build.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

And how many of these other ones you mentioned require scrapper?

The fact that the trait works well with the core skills and Scrapper skills makes the trait even more useful. Why would you complain that you don’t need scrapper to use dazes? I thought everyone was complaining that the Elite specs were too powerful and should be toned down so that the core specs could be more useful?

What are you going to do with 11 dazes anyway? 5 dazes are fine. We’ve got a ton of CC outside of Dazes as it stands anyway so complaining about this is just silly.

The reality is and the reality remains that when I decide to use Impact Savant and Expert Examination, I can get the full benefit from it. With core skills AND with the Scrapper skills.

Listen, I’m the guy who complains about the explosives line being a waste of space so if a trait is truly useless, I would be the first to back you up. I’m more inclined to agree with the guildabd that the trait should be merged with Impact Savant. It would improve it’s usefulness.

and what excactly are you going to achieve with those 5 dazes?

if you grab shield you have no dps
if you use shredder gyro for its daze you do nothing with it thus you wasted 1 uility slot

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

What is Thunderclap?

Toss Shield 5, Personal Battering Ram’s Tool belt skill, Supply Crate, AED’s Toolbelt skill, Net Turret.

I believe that’s 5 ways to apply dazes and 4 ways to apply stuns.

Your argument that a bunch of skills no one uses because they are horrible in all game modes makes a MANDATORY trait useful kind of defeats itself.

On any meta build you have… Condi – zero stuns/daze and Hammer Scrapper – one stun. Impact Savant and Expert Examination are hilariously bad at this point.

More evidence that ANet has no clue what they want Engi to actually accomplish. They lost the thread of what Scrapper should do before it was even released.

in Engineer

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

I’d actually like it if Expert Examination affected all hard CC’s. I’d definitely use the trait then.

in Engineer

Posted by: FinalJustice.5824

FinalJustice.5824

Ah, the old “Sitting Duck” treatment huh? Man… I really miss that trait

in Engineer

Posted by: judgement.9782

judgement.9782

What is Thunderclap?

Seriously do you play Scrapper at all? Because if so you should know those skills are both not worth using and very weak for the little benefits you gain. Thunderclap is the only Stun but because of its longer CD and cast time its not a very reliable Stun for timing it for heals interrupts.