Explosive Powder vagueness

in Engineer

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

Anyone else think explosive powder trait (or more specifically skills with the words “explosion” in them needs more clarifying? I mean turret explosions are explosions, so is FT #2, yet the trait doesn’t affect them. Not sure it even affects minefield. Either the skill descriptions need cleaning up or the trait needs to work on anything with the term “explosion” in it. Thoughts?

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Coenraad.8302

Coenraad.8302

Agreed. I also recently found out those benefictial things only work inside each trait tree style weaponry

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

so bombs and grenades only?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

bombs, grenades, throw mine, their toolbelt abilities, and tossed elixirs if traited with acidic elixirs. also turret explosions are affected by explosive powder.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

(edited by ellesee.8297)

in Engineer

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

bombs, grenades, throw mine, their toolbelt abilities, and tossed elixirs if traited with acidic elixirs. also turret explosions are affected by explosive powder.

only bombs, grenades, throw mine are reflected in the tooltips as being affected, and it doesn’t affect any of the other things labeled “explosions”. The whole point was it needs cleaning up one way or another. Needs to affect all or the ones that aren’t affected need their tooltips fixed.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

it does show in the tooltips. if you look at tossed elixirs or turret explosions, you’ll see the damage has gone up if you trait explosive powder.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

whats really gonna boggle your mind (and is something thats bugged me since beta) is if you look at the pistol auto attack skill name, here is a link to the wiki for it

EDIT: oh and while your at it, think about howAcid Bomb should interact with traits (but doesn’t

(edited by Linc.6834)

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

pistol auto is really good. there’s no need for it to proc more bleeding and stack vuln. that’s just stupid.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

pistol auto is really good. there’s no need for it to proc more bleeding and stack vuln. that’s just stupid.

Um… pistol auto is one of the worst autoattacks in the game.

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

in a pve scenario sure. but in pvp it’s really good and the skills aren’t split. condi engis are already extremely strong. hvaing it stack more bleeds and apply vuln is just lols. instant nerf.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Linc.6834

I’m pretty sure most people would agree that in PvP is sucks pretty bad too, I still don’t get how giving it explosive traits would make it OP. E-gun gives 2 condi’s for no traits on auto, if I’m putting 25 points in and expecting something good outside of a kit, is that OP?

Anyway without derailing the thread my point was more that Explosive Shot doesn’t count as an explosion. It’s almost as if the whole Engineer profession was designed in another language and then poorly localized to english.

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

pistol auto is good because you can stack ~8 bleeds with continuous fire. bomb/ft builds use it as their primary source of bleed. grenade engineers use as they’re closing a gap because grenades at long range are easily dodged. having the pistol stack even more bleeds and vulnerability when the grenade kit already stacks a lot of bleeds and vulnerability on top of the near permanent or permanent burning, the confusion, the poison, etc etc… how can you say that’s not op?

and i wasn’t trying to derail the thread. explosive shot doesn’t benefit from explosive traits because of obvious balance reasons. it’s the same reason why elixir gun abilities don’t receive the benefit elixir traits. it would just make it too strong.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Linc.6834

8 bleeds? How to do you get 8 bleeds from a 2 second bleed every 3/4 second? Also I don’t know where all these extra bleeds your talking about would come from Shrapnel has a 15% chance which would be 1 extra bleed about every 6 shots, hardly OP. Perma burn, confuse or poison has nothing to do with pistol auto at all. The only thing it would do is open up power builds to actually get some usage out of the auto attack

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

my fault i was thinking wvwvw. it’s more around 4-6 bleeds in tpvp. and yes other conditions have everything to do with buffing pistol auto. when they added dhuumfire to necros, they had to scale down the bleeds from their other abilities. majorly buffing pistol auto to apply even more bleeds and vuln is adding to the already powerful condition engineer build. things will get nerfed.

#1 Frandliest person NA!

(edited by ellesee.8297)

in Engineer

Linc.6834

5-6 bleeds max with 100% condi duration. Necro Dhuumfire doesn’t even compare, that was a whole new trait opening up a whole new very damaging condition. For a condi build, giving Explosive shot explosive trait support would give 1 maybe 2 extra bleeds at the expense of not using more damaging skills, and a few stacks of a cover condition for a 25 trait point investment. AND clear up the vagueness this thread is suppose to be talking about.

EDIT: I just realized it would make coated bullets very strong against groups of opponents, but again that’s 45 trait points to make pistol auto comparable to grenade auto with grenadier.

(edited by Linc.6834)

in Engineer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

in a pve scenario sure. but in pvp it’s really good and the skills aren’t split.

And this is why the game is such a mess…

in Engineer

ellesee.8297

the most i’ve seen was 7 on a practice golem and that’s with 30% condi duration. that’s also with the sharpshooter trait

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

5-6 bleeds max with 100% condi duration. Necro Dhuumfire doesn’t even compare, that was a whole new trait opening up a whole new very damaging condition. For a condi build, giving Explosive shot explosive trait support would give 1 maybe 2 extra bleeds at the expense of not using more damaging skills, and a few stacks of a cover condition for a 25 trait point investment. AND clear up the vagueness this thread is suppose to be talking about.

EDIT: I just realized it would make coated bullets very strong against groups of opponents, but again that’s 45 trait points to make pistol auto comparable to grenade auto with grenadier.

Using coated bullets vs. a large group is suicidal. I’ve literally shot twice into a group with coated before and had to stop or I would have been downed.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Unless you’re intentionally going for aoe bleeds, if you want to autoattak for bleed stacks, you’re better off using Elixir Gun. It stacks more bleeds and weakness as well.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)