Feb 26 - Engineer Patch Notes discussion

in Engineer

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

Engineer
Stow Med Kit: Now works in PvE.
Elixir U: Quickness is now consistent at 5 seconds.
Acid Bomb: This ability is now a blast finisher at the start of the ability.
Super Elixir: Now detonates properly underwater.
Super Elixir: Increased impact base healing as well as scaling with healing power by 100%. Increased base heal multiplier by 50% and healing power scaling by 100%.
Flame Blast: This ability is now able to be detonated by a secondary ability.
Flame Blast Detonate: This new ability will detonate the napalm ball that is launched by Flame Blast.
Air Blast: This ability now extends burning duration of enemies that are already burning by 2 seconds.
Flame Jet: This ability now deals an extra 10% damage to burning enemies.
Pry Bar: Increased the number of confusion applications from three to five and increased duration of confusion from 3 to 5 seconds.
Tool Kit: Abilities that heal turrets have had their potency increased by 100%.
Kit Refinement: This trait now has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds globally for Flamethrower, Elixir Gun, Grenade Kit, and Tool Kit.

kit refinement internal cooldown globally is pretty hard nerf..

IMO everything is a junk buff and they gave us a huge nerf on kit refinement

in Engineer

Posted by: Scoundrel.2139

Scoundrel.2139

Suddenly FT and EG are back on the menu.

I love the idea of acid bomb being a blast finisher. I mean… it’s a bomb!

Veni, Vidi, Victa.
Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur

in Engineer

waka.9826

Suddenly FT and EG are back on the menu.

I love the idea of acid bomb being a blast finisher. I mean… it’s a bomb!

I don’t lol. I’d rather it be a stunbreaker seeing as none of our kits have one.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

The kit refinement thing is beyond moronic, 100nades will now work like this, switch to toolkit, pull with magnet, switch to nades – oh 10 sec cooldown, no grenade barrage…

Didn’t they state they didn’t want to break builds? One word ‘clueless’.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

in Engineer

Posted by: Brinson.7289

Brinson.7289

Wow buffs across the board and my Elixir Gun might be a little OP again.
Can’t wait to see how much it heals for now.

\-\ Poquito (Engineer) /-/ Tarnished Coast
Not Sure If Serious [BZNZ] ||| Cynical [CYN]

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263

Wow, love the kit oriented buffs! I didn’t expect much from this update, but good see some damage buffs for FT and giving EG some appropriate utilities. The heal for turrets on Tool-kit is nice, but it still won’t keep turrets alive long enough, and will distract you from actually doing decent damage.

It’s a shame about kit refinement. It’s supposed to be an incentive to switch our kits and make use of the short cool-down. It really goes against the core mechanic of the Engineer class that kits have virtually no cool-down. Though I may be reading it wrong, and it could be that all the spells are now sharing one cool-down, in which case, makes it a buff so nades and elixirs could be spammed more.

Greetings on behalf of EMP Nice to see you on the Engi forum

(edited by PWNcakesAndROFLs.8263)

in Engineer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

The kit refinement thing is beyond moronic, 100nades will now work like this, switch to toolkit, pull with magnet, switch to nades – oh 10 sec cooldwon, no grenade barrage…

That’s kind of an ignorant and mean comment. If you jump in the air and switch your kit, it doesn’t activate kit refinement. Thus, jump to activate toolkit and then do the rest of the spike.

Elixir Gun Super Elixir was amazing already. This might be on the verge of OP, but I’ll wait and see. Glad to see Flame thrower is a bit more intuitive, but I kind of wish it was more about CC rather than damage. It really doesn’t make sense as a damage kit since Grenade kit is already that at 1,500 range and Bomb kit is as well at melee range. I’ll have to try it out tomorrow.

My only disappointment:

THEY STILL HAVEN’T FIXED DEPLOYABLE TURRETS!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A COMMENT ABOUT KIT REFINEMENT, PLEASE KNOW THIS:

IF YOU JUMP IN THE AIR WHILE SWITCHING TO A KIT, YOU DO NOT ACTIVATE KIT REFINEMENT SPELLS

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

(edited by The Gates Assassin.9827)

in Engineer

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Aww man this is gonna be awesome. Irrationally happy about the confusion buff on prybar.

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Engineer

Sylosi.6503

The kit refinement thing is beyond moronic, 100nades will now work like this, switch to toolkit, pull with magnet, switch to nades – oh 10 sec cooldwon, no grenade barrage…

That’s kind of an ignorant and mean comment. If you jump in the air and switch your kit, it doesn’t activate kit refinement. Thus, jump to activate toolkit and then do the rest of the spike.

It’s an accurate comment, and no jumping up and down every time I want to use a kit to get around their poor design decision is not the answer.

in Engineer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

It’s an accurate comment, and no jumping up and down everytime I want to use a kit to get around their poor design decision is not the answer.

Ummm, no it’s not an accurate comment? The jumping thing is a nice way to make it more skillful. It’s a bit OP that someone with a macro can have like 4 kit’s skills go off at once. Not to mention that all of these kit refinement skills are instant cast.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in Engineer

Sylosi.6503

It’s an accurate comment, and no jumping up and down everytime I want to use a kit to get around their poor design decision is not the answer.

Ummm, no it’s not an accurate comment? The jumping thing is a nice way to make it more skillful. It’s a bit OP that someone with a macro can have like 4 kit’s skills go off at once. Not to mention that all of these kit refinement skills are instant cast.

Macros are against the terms and conditions, they are irrelvant, if they balance on that then thieves would need a total rewrite, jumping up and down every time I want to use a kit without triggering kit refinement is just lame (and probably unintended) and lowers the quality of life (gameplay wise), furthermore if you are immoblized you can’t jump.

How about you stop making excuses, it was a dumb decision (and is not only 100nades that will be effected), if you can’t cope with me stating that, tough, perhaps you should avoid public forums where people will have differing opinions.

And this is not the only dumb thing in this patch, they’ve nerfed the wrong ele builds, it is pitiful.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Kit Refinement change is uncool. That’s all.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@The Gate Assassin

A bit OP? Did anyone cry about engineer switching kits to cast spells?

Sure you can do it by jumping now, but how freaking annoying it was already.

Now Multi-kit build, which weren’t even strong, are nerfed to the ground.

What does that mean?

Take a kit, stay in it, and do average damage.

@TGA you might don’t care because you didn’t use it, but it’s not the case for everyone.

Jumping swapping is prolly a bug, who say it will stay?

Like each patch, they buff an aspect of engineer, just to nerf another one.

I shouldn’t post right now, I’m not happy lol.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Engineer

Posted by: Daigle.8497

Daigle.8497

I’m… really quite happy about the buffs all around regarding Kits.

Slightly less happy about Kit Refinement though, with mixed feelings.

Yes, even though you can jump, you still only get 1 condition cleanse per cooldown, as opposed to the double from having both FT and EG. (Even though they used to have a cooldown of 10 seconds and 20 seconds respectively)

On the plus side, doubling the amount of melee-range grenade barrages and super elixirs are made of win.

Flame Blast is slightly nicer, but that addition to Air blast doesn’t really do anything, considering that the kit STILL doesn’t deal that much burning alone.

Acid bomb… That’s a really really really powerful buff and <3 Anet for it. Makes really good combos even better.

in Engineer

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Piethrower build might be dead, new internal cd on food

in Engineer

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

Agree with the OP, a series of meaningless buffs culminating in a major nerf for one of our few effective specs. Anet has a history of doing this, especially with the engineer. Improving FT without addressing the targeting issues and coefficient problems is laughable.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I sense someone was angry that they’re point and click noob cannon 100nade build is dead. Except it’s not really dead as others have pointed out. You simply have to jump now. Jumping is unacceptable? Right… it’s better when you don’t have to think and can kill anyone with 1 click. I wish they would have gotten rid of it completely, it’s a terrible build. People that think “it’s the only good build for Engi” need to expand their horizons.

Changes look great! I’ve been tearing it up with Flamethrower, can’t believe it’s getting better! Also my tanky build with Elixir Gun got better as well. Great update, can’t wait to go try them.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

(edited by Adamantium.3682)

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

@Adamantium

It doesn’t even affect 100 nade really much. You can still one shot people.

Also, if you play high level tpvp, you should know 100nade is far from OP. Only a few engineer (5gauge and teldo) run it.

Multikit build are being hit hard by this. not 100 nade. You are really missing the point if you think that.

Oh and your flamethrower build, you think it’s only a buff? You knew why FT were powerful in PvE/WvW? Because of omnobery Pie.

Guess what they nerfed.

in Engineer

waka.9826

I sense someone was angry that they’re point and click noob cannon 100nade build is dead. Except it’s not really dead as others have pointed out. You simply have to jump now. Jumping is unacceptable? Right… it’s better when you don’t have to think and can kill anyone with 1 click. I wish they would have gotten rid of it completely, it’s a terrible build. People that think “it’s the only good build for Engi” need to expand their horizons.

Changes look great! I’ve been tearing it up with Flamethrower, can’t believe it’s getting better! Also my tanky build with Elixir Gun got better as well. Great update, can’t wait to go try them.

People like you are the reason that ANET thinks they can do whatever they want such as lying to us about a “HUGE PVP PATCH” every month which they ALWAYS disappoint on.

Now think about this for a second. Do you honestly think jumping to get around this nerf is “working as intended”. Think about that one for awhile.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I do hate to see the buff train with the nerf caboose, which seems to happen every patch.

But, realistically, I see this as a positive first step. I felt what Kit Refinement could do was a little much already — and if there are improvements in other areas, I can see the flood of tears incoming. The point is actually to use all those skills you take the Kits for, not to spam between them for the Refinement proc. I know it’s bitter medicine, but it’s necessary.

I think they’re going to be watching closely how these changes go, and use that data to move forward with this class.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

This is why I rarely come to these forums. So much doom and gloom. I do great without 100nade noobness in PVP and I do great without relying on 1 consumable in PVE/WVW, but these forums have shown me it’s pointless to try and be positive when anything in this game gets changed, or dare I say fixed.

I make builds that are effective without relying on 1 borderline broken aspect of the game. It’s actually pretty fun that way. Yes, no cooldown on life steal food was borderline broken, if you thought that was actually intended given how the rest of the game works… I’m sorry.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

People like you are the reason that ANET thinks they can do whatever they want such as lying to us about a “HUGE PVP PATCH” every month which they ALWAYS disappoint on.

Now think about this for a second. Do you honestly think jumping to get around this nerf is “working as intended”. Think about that one for awhile.

Absolutely not. But I’m sure people will still use their 100nade builds, and then cry even louder when they fix that jumping bug.

As for the first part of your post… what. I promise I’m not making any decisions for Anet, in fact it would be great if they could give me a job.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

waka.9826

I do hate to see the buff train with the nerf caboose, which seems to happen every patch.

But, realistically, I see this as a positive first step. I felt what Kit Refinement could do was a little much already — and if there are improvements in other areas, I can see the flood of tears incoming. The point is actually to use all those skills you take the Kits for, not to spam between them for the Refinement proc. I know it’s bitter medicine, but it’s necessary.

I think they’re going to be watching closely how these changes go, and use that data to move forward with this class.

Yeah and a 5 point deep trait to give you on demand quickness on pet swap sure isn’t OP either.

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

@Mister Mustard

The skills from the kit refinement already had internal cooldown. That was even more micro management to know when to use them.

Now you’ll have to jump like a kitten when switching kit.

Not counting the 2-3 build that just got erased from that.

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

I’m really sad about the Kit Refinement change, I were working on a 4 kit setup, and I don’t really see why this nerf was needed! It only really hurts multi kit builds, and those wasn’t that strong to begin with.

When that is said: I don’t use FT, but I’m glad to see it buffed for my fellow engineers that use it (and stop kitten about that Omnom Pie, it was stupid broken in WvW for several classes and deserved that nerf, I’m glad about it) and OMG 5 stacks of confusion for 5 sec on pry bar!?!?! Someone is gonna feel the pain!!! kitten that’s making a really good skill allready godlike!! Don’t think I ever will be able to make a build without toolkit now :P

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

This is why I rarely come to these forums. So much doom and gloom. I do great without 100nade noobness in PVP and I do great without relying on 1 consumable in PVE/WVW, but these forums have shown me it’s pointless to try and be positive when anything in this game gets changed, or dare I say fixed.

I make builds that are effective without relying on 1 borderline broken aspect of the game. It’s actually pretty fun that way. Yes, no cooldown on life steal food was borderline broken, if you thought that was actually intended given how the rest of the game works… I’m sorry.

If you are always talking like that to people, no surprise you don’t come often.

Everything you don’t use seems to be for newb and kitten Everything that is different from you.

Didn’t you get my message about 100nade? The build will still work. The burst is still there. And a build with more then 20+ skills to use, and I mostly use all of them during a fight, is a newb build? A good playing won’t falll from a 100nade burst. You have to use everything.

So kit refinement was an OP ability? Please direct me to anyone that cried about it?

in Engineer

Sylosi.6503

I don’t play 100nade, I don’t find it a particulary fun build to play, but I recognize it is one of the builds that is effective in sPvP and many engys do play. Nor it is the only build effected.

And yes jumping up and down every time you wish to swap kit to get around a moronic design decison is unacceptable (it makes for crappy gameplay and engy does not need more APM), and as you have difficulty reading I’ll repeat it again, you can’t jump when immoblized, see if you can work out how the global cooldown now changes things in that situation, I’m sure you can manage it if you try hard or perhaps you can find someone with a clue to explain it to you.

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

in Engineer

waka.9826

“PVE, WVW”

Bingo, you can get away with anything in both those modes. Oh and this nerf doesn’t only affect 100 nades so stop mentioning it.

in Engineer

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I never touch the grenade and mine kit nowadays anyway. All I use is FT and EG, so this is basically an all around buff for me. I’m quite happy for once.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

If you are always talking like that to people, no surprise you don’t come often.

Everything you don’t use seems to be for newb and kitten Everything that is different from you.

Didn’t you get my message about 100nade? The build will still work. The burst is still there. And a build with more then 20+ skills to use, and I mostly use all of them during a fight, is a newb build? A good playing won’t falll from a 100nade burst. You have to use everything.

So kit refinement was an OP ability? Please direct me to anyone that cried about it?

Let me be clear. The 100nade build is a very noob build to me. 1 click can kill almost anyone without any downside and it’s nearly impossible to dodge because it’s instant. It was also brought up in this thread before I ever even visited it. Yes, that is a bad build that should be fixed. Look at the history of patches in this game. Anet does not want builds that can do this, and good for them. This patch was a great first step to erase the 100nade build or at least fix it to not 1 shot so easily, but I’m willing to bet the jumping bug was unforseen to them. I bet it will be fixed soon.

There are many builds I don’t use that are great, most better than my own. I am under no illusions about my builds being supreme.

Kit refinement is a bit of a bummer, I’m under no illusions about that either. I will be able to get past it because while it was awesome to instantly cast 3 free skills every 10s or so, I didn’t really need more than one of them (Super Elixir most of the time). I can appreciate others may have needed them, but careful kit swapping will hopefully still let you get the most important one first.

You’re right I came off like a jerk, I get that and I’m sorry. It just really grinds my gears that a BROKEN build is trying to get fixed but people complain about it, saying it’s one of the only effective Engi builds. That takes SO much away from the profession. If people would stop trying to find the FOTM builds with every new patch and just explore the entirety of the profession I feel like it would be so much more rewarding. To each their own I suppose.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

The problem is, if they wanted to nerf 100 Nades specifically they should have done that. The way it is currently, the only thing that’s nerfed about it is you don’t really want to use the Tool Kit Kit Refinement for the free nails. It’s a hefty micromanagement increase, and that’s all. It does similar things to Elixir Gun and Flamethrower for using Kit Refinement as well.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

waka.9826

Let me be clear. The 100nade build is a very noob build to me. 1 click can kill almost anyone without any downside and it’s nearly impossible to dodge because it’s instant. It was also brought up in this thread before I ever even visited it. Yes, that is a bad build that should be fixed. Look at the history of patches in this game. Anet does not want builds that can do this, and good for them. This patch was a great first step to erase the 100nade build or at least fix it to not 1 shot so easily, but I’m willing to bet the jumping bug was unforseen to them. I bet it will be fixed soon.

There are many builds I don’t use that are great, most better than my own. I am under no illusions about my builds being supreme.

Kit refinement is a bit of a bummer, I’m under no illusions about that either. I will be able to get past it because while it was awesome to instantly cast 3 free skills every 10s or so, I didn’t really need more than one of them (Super Elixir most of the time). I can appreciate others may have needed them, but careful kit swapping will hopefully still let you get the most important one first.

You’re right I came off like a jerk, I get that and I’m sorry. It just really grinds my gears that a BROKEN build is trying to get fixed but people complain about it, saying it’s one of the only effective Engi builds. That takes SO much away from the profession. If people would stop trying to find the FOTM builds with every new patch and just explore the entirety of the profession I feel like it would be so much more rewarding. To each their own I suppose.

Wait, what is so instant about a engineer immobilizing you and casually walking to you and INSIDE your character model to MAYBE 1 shot you. Yes MAYBE.

Even with the tool kit pull method, the engineer still has to walk inside your character to pull off the burst which leave you time to use a stun breaker not to mention you can see the magnet squiggle lines.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

The change to kit refinement kinda feels like they want us to only use 1 kit..

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

@Adamandium

Who are you fighting? Any pro oponent won’t let you lend the 100nade combo on you. Man, it has been a long time since another 100nade landed it on me.

And by the way, I was for the 100 nade nerf. You can check my history.

But this isn’t a 100 nade nerf. You can actually use it more often if I’m not mistaken! They might have buffed it.

They nerfed it the worse way they could : They nerfed every other kit refinement build, and only affected 100nade that now you can’t use the nails proc.

How is that a good nerf?

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

That´s it… I am now really considering to use a 10 second timer to play my engi xD

in Engineer

waka.9826

The change to kit refinement kinda feels like they want us to only use 1 kit..

Naw man, remember when anet announced that engineer is weak on purposed because we are really versatile. They are just nerfing us even more because we are too versatile mayne.

in Engineer

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

What cracks me up is ele similar ability Evasive Arcana only got a nerf to healing and it is only in PvP. Yet they nerf Eng ability across the board.

in Engineer

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Now I may actually try the elixir gun. Never bothered to before.

in Engineer

Posted by: houndmd.4360

houndmd.4360

I am now basicaly COMPELLED to jump every time I switch on my MedKit, because refinement skill on it is the most useless skill ever and will only buck up cd for insta Super Elixir. Acid finisher is good though.

I never touch the grenade and mine kit nowadays anyway. All I use is FT and EG, so this is basically an all around buff for me. I’m quite happy for once.

Share your build then! No more medkit for me :c

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

@Adamandium

Who are you fighting? Any pro oponent won’t let you lend the 100nade combo on you. Man, it has been a long time since another 100nade landed it on me.

And by the way, I was for the 100 nade nerf. You can check my history.

But this isn’t a 100 nade nerf. You can actually use it more often if I’m not mistaken! They might have buffed it.

They nerfed it the worse way they could : They nerfed every other kit refinement build, and only affected 100nade that now you can’t use the nails proc.

How is that a good nerf?

I don’t use it, so I can’t answer those questions but you’re right it’s not a fix. I am encouraged that they want to fix it, they just had the unforseen jumping bug pop up. I’m hoping it will be completely fixed soon.

I do not like the unforseen side effect nerf of multiple kit builds. To me, the Kit Refinement skills were always a bonus (besides Super Elixir, I did use that a lot). So if I’m careful I can still get Super Elixir. I understand others didn’t play their kit builds the same way I did and actively wanted all the free skills, and that is a bummer for you I can’t deny that.

I wish a less heavy handed fix was applied, but I still don’t think this is the end of the world. It wasn’t a fix at all you’re right. Hopefully it will be once the jumping thing is fixed.

My preferred fix is just to make the Kit Refinement for Grenade Kit just not cast Barrage and go back to individual cooldowns. Make it Flash Grenade or something, but what do I know.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

Kit refiment became useless now. Another useless trait. 10 sec cooldown way too long for have any use with any kit. Pretty idiotic. Apart from that…

WHATT!!?! ENGINEER GETTING BUFFS! SWEET! And those flamer and prypar buffs are good.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

I am now basicaly COMPELLED to jump every time I switch on my MedKit, because refinement skill on it is the most useless skill ever and will only buck up cd for insta Super Elixir.

The shared cooldown is only on Elixir Gun, Grenade Kit, Tool Kit, and Flamethrower. The Med Kit won’t block anything, so you don’t have to abandon it.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Grackleflint.4956

Grackleflint.4956

You simply have to jump now. Jumping is unacceptable? Right… it’s better when you don’t have to think and can kill anyone with 1 click.

1. Fire Overcharged Shot to knock down opponent so they can’t dodge the easily avoidable Net Shot or Magnet.
2. Fire Net Shot, or Switch to Took Kit and use Magnet.
3. Walk into enemy and swap to Grenade Kit
4. Use Grenade Barrage

So that’s 4-5 clicks. If you’re opponent dodges or uses a stun breaker or invulnerability move, you need to wait 30+ seconds to set it up again. Spoiler Alert: Most players do know how to dodge and do use stun breakers and invuln moves. Your point is invalid.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I will be speccing back to P/S FT/EG today.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Cero.5132

I am now basicaly COMPELLED to jump every time I switch on my MedKit, because refinement skill on it is the most useless skill ever and will only buck up cd for insta Super Elixir. Acid finisher is good though.

Share your build then! No more medkit for me :c

Kit Refinement: This trait now has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds globally for Flamethrower, Elixir Gun, Grenade Kit, and Tool Kit.

As far as I can read they dont say, that the inetrnal cd applies to med kit.
So I guess it wont be affected.

in Engineer

Posted by: houndmd.4360

houndmd.4360

The shared cooldown is only on Elixir Gun, Grenade Kit, Tool Kit, and Flamethrower. The Med Kit won’t block anything, so you don’t have to abandon it.

Must’ve read them notes with my glasses on the back of my head then, thank you. That still leaves Tool Kit as a bit of nuiscance though (I run 0/30/0/10/30 SD build with medkit, toolkit, EG and rocket boots).

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

Must’ve read them notes with my glasses on the back of my head then, thank you. That still leaves Tool Kit as a bit of nuiscance though (I run 0/30/0/10/30 SD build with medkit, toolkit, EG and rocket boots).

You’re welcome. I agree, I have an all kit tank build for PvE. I think what I’m going to have to get used to is hitting Elixir Gun before I go into any of the other kits to make sure I get Super Elixir when I want it. Weird, but I’ll get used to it.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: Killer Rhino.6794

Killer Rhino.6794

If whatever this patch ends up actually being (since, ya know, it just came out…) gets players to start running multiple kits more, I’m all for it. I’ve been urging engineers to use 3-kits as much as possible; it’s really where this class shines.

I haven’t tried the new patch yet, but it suggests that my PvE build is going to see a bit of a bump in effectiveness (which it nice, but I already thought it was pretty good to start).

Traits: 5/30/0/25/10
Armor: Zerk
Runes: Sup. of the Engi, x6
Trinkets: Valkyrie, x6, with Emeralds, x6

Elixir Gun, Flamethrower, Toolkit, Supply Crate

Creator of GW2Kit

(edited by Killer Rhino.6794)

in Engineer

Cero.5132

I still wonder, whetehr it is a buff for 2 kit or 3 kit builds or if it´s a nerf for 4 kit builds and 100 nades….

I can already guess how I am going to play with four kits now but…. it´s going to be more complicated now….

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

The kit refinement thing is beyond moronic, 100nades will now work like this, switch to toolkit, pull with magnet, switch to nades – oh 10 sec cooldown, no grenade barrage…

You are overreacting. 10 seconds isn’t a long time and I should know, I have a whole build built around a 10 second cooldown.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash