Seras.5702

20/30/0/20/0

20 – V, X
30 – III, VIII, XI
20 – VI, VII

P/S
Healing Turret / FT / EG / Goggles / Supply Crate
Mix of Rampager & Berserker gear with some Vit & Tou & HP on accessories

After experimenting with various other build ideas (‘nades, bombs) I’ve come back to the FT for dungeons. I’m thinking high crit chance for procs and use of Super Elixir and Healing Turret for party-wide support. Also, wanted to avoid the over-used HGH and reliance on elixirs.

I’m at a loss for Runes & Sigils. Ideas? Thoughts on the build?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

FT/EG Dungeon build - ideas/help?

in Engineer

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I mostly stick with centaur runes because swiftness. I guess in a dungeon it’s probably less important though. Undead? I think they’re the one I’m thinking of, iirc quite cheap, gives toughness and condition damage, then converts 5% of one into the other (I think toughness into cond damage).

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Anyone else have any critique? I really thought a FT build without elixirs would garner some discussion.

in Engineer

Seras.5702

I really thought Phineas or nakoda would chime in here. They’re big proponents of the FT.

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Anyone else have any critique? I really thought a FT build without elixirs would garner some discussion.

I don’t roll a condition damage build so I cannot use the EG well (besides healing).

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I don’t roll a condition damage build so I cannot use the EG well (besides healing).

Elixir Gun is good regardless of your stat allocation. Acid Bomb scales amazingly with Power.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

20/30/0/20/0

20 – V, X
30 – III, VIII, XI
20 – VI, VII

P/S
Healing Turret / FT / EG / Goggles / Supply Crate
Mix of Rampager & Berserker gear with some Vit & Tou & HP on accessories

After experimenting with various other build ideas (‘nades, bombs) I’ve come back to the FT for dungeons. I’m thinking high crit chance for procs and use of Super Elixir and Healing Turret for party-wide support. Also, wanted to avoid the over-used HGH and reliance on elixirs.

I’m at a loss for Runes & Sigils. Ideas? Thoughts on the build?

I think with the Healing Turret you’ll be safe without Cleansing Formula.

I just think rolling elixirs plays more into party-wide support. Utility Goggles will give you more damage than Elixir B, but Toss Elixir B is nice for buffing allies, especially when it gives Fury.

I guess it’s up to whether you prefer 10 stacks of Vulnerability or boons, but with zero points in Tools that 40-second cooldown for Analyze is really going to suck.

Also I don’t think Enhance Performance is really all that useful in PvE compared to 30 in Alchemy. If you want 3 stacks of Might on heal, slot 2 runes of Altruism into your gear, which will give 3 stacks of Might to both yourself and your allies. Run 6 and you’ll give them Fury too, which will further play into Energy Conversion Matrix. Some people say this setup only works well with the Med Kit, but I’ve since run the Healing Turret on my bar and find I drop and detonate it every 20 seconds anyway. It’s actually much easier stacking Altruism procs with an obvious timer.

I think this build could work, but it’s not how I’d run the FT/EG setup. I’m just rooted in my own ways though. Try it out in some dungeons and post the results.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Thanks for the Altruism Rune advice. I’ll look into it. Like I said, I’m not very rune savvy. Not needing to trait for Enhanced Performance means I can throw some points into Tools for CD reduction on my goggle F1.

I have been thinking of switching to MedKit, based on this thread. Too hard to manage the Healing Turret without it dying and keeping it in range to be useful. However, based on the thread, drop-OC-detonate/pick up nets better healing over time anyway. So I’m going to try that. The idea though was to be able to hit 6 as often as possible, dropping the turret & overcharging it on CD for constant might stacks & water fields. But with it not surviving long, MedKit might be more reliable, and quicker to just pop into and out of the kit for Altruism procs.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Thanks for the Altruism Rune advice. I’ll look into it. Like I said, I’m not very rune savvy. Not needing to trait for Enhanced Performance means I can throw some points into Tools for CD reduction on my goggle F1.

I have been thinking of switching to MedKit, based on this thread. Too hard to manage the Healing Turret without it dying and keeping it in range to be useful. However, based on the thread, drop-OC-detonate/pick up nets better healing over time anyway. So I’m going to try that. The idea though was to be able to hit 6 as often as possible, dropping the turret & overcharging it on CD for constant might stacks & water fields. But with it not surviving long, MedKit might be more reliable, and quicker to just pop into and out of the kit for Altruism procs.

Wow, that’s a really good thread. Never saw it in the list.

Kind of legitimizes my suspicion that Elixir H is really only good for lazy players and that the Med Kit offers better self-healing. It’s true the Protection boon helps, but it’s random and FT Engineers don’t need it.

We do, however, need Fury. And with Altruism + Drop Stimulant + Elixir B + Toss Elixir B you actually not only sustain Fury on yourself, but can stack it to over 1 minute in length. Utility Goggles can probably work much the same way, and the extra stunbreaker is nice. I just prefer Cleansing Formula to other options, because while I may not need it, my allies might. Toss Elixir B is just so good. Half the time I prefer running it over the Elixir Gun. It really depends on the content and the composition of the group. Especially if there’s no Ele, I have the Healing Turret and Elixir Gun on my bar. But if there’s a Guard and Ele in the group, I’ll swap to Med Kit and Elixir B and focus more on offensive buffs.

And yes: in my opinion Altruism is the best rune for Engineers in the entire game. I can’t think of one that is better across the board regardless of what build you use. We have such spammable heal skills and it plays into the support-but-still-DPS role the Engineer has in dungeon groups.

I run full Altruism on both my Soldier and Berserker armor sets so that I can swap them out as needed to bolster my survivability. It really makes a huge difference when you’re dealing with bosses that have invulnerability phases like in AC and CoE. For Great Justice only lasts 8 seconds … so a second person in the group applying Fury definitely makes a difference.

You could additionally run 2 Altruism + 4 Might Duration runes (i.e., 2 Hoelbrak, 2 Strength) but I find group Fury with 6 Altruism has way more mileage.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Seras.5702

And you don’t notice all the lost potential power/prec/crit dmg from altruism runes that you could get from 6 rage runes for instance? I guess I never thought to look into healing power runes since I didn’t think the group might/fury would be better than a potential 100 power & 100 precision. I guess it would be though. I can make up for those stats with accessories, but the rune effects are unique. Another piece of info to log away. Thanks.

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

And you don’t notice all the lost potential power/prec/crit dmg from altruism runes that you could get from 6 rage runes for instance?

Rage gives a 5% chance to provide Fury when hit. On a 60 second cooldown. Its passive is an additional 15% Crit Damage under the effects of Fury.

Would I take giving my group Fury and 3 stacks of Might over 15% Crit Damage to myself?

Any day of the week.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Seras.5702

These couple threads about FT and gear are really opening my eyes to how to build effectively. Thanks to you and nakoda (et al) for shedding some light on things.

in Engineer

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

When I was leveling my Engineer, I often found myself using Rifle/Healing Turret/Rocket Boots/FT/EG. It actually worked pretty well in PvE because of the insane amount of movement to which I had access. I never really geared it out properly (since I was leveling and still exploring the class), but I sometimes do wonder what it could’ve been if I went all out on it. I should maybe just try it out again since I’m already geared pretty optimally (about 75% zerker with the rest thrown into Condition damage, Toughness and a smidge of Vitality). One of my favorite things to do was a Jump Shot into an Acid Bomb. Fighting mobs was actually enjoyable since I was hopping all over the place. The melee nature of Rifle also helped to force me into a more reliable range for the FT. I’ve never actually tried it with P/S. Sort of curious, though. I still feel like FT/EG lends itself more to raw damage than condition attrition, though.

in Engineer

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

Swagg your build sounds like so much fun.

I run pistol/shield FT (and sometimes EG/FT) with all elixirs plus 409 trait. I tend to toss elixirs with 409 just to help out burning people or elixir R to help downed people since I’m usually kited out widely from my team. I usually idle in FT just for the 2 skill and switch to pistols for the confusion shot and poison. I keep the shield for the shield toss interrupts and the knockback blast finisher. If i see a melee monster running toward me though, I’ll just tap shield 5 once and switch back to FT so I can attack briefly with an autoguard that’ll stun.