FT/EG WvW engineer video

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Here is a video of my debut running with Strident Iconoclast [SIC], a hardcore WvW guild. I’m running a modified build based on Phineas Poe’s FT/EG build. I had been toying with a few different FT/EG/RocketBoots builds and Poe’s is actually the best IMHO. Excuse the noobness in the video. It was my first time using that build.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Pressing FT#1 all day… You know that this is one of the weakest ways to play engineer? I totally understand why the community does still ignore engineers after 10 months.

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

FT #1: What you press when everything else is on CD.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Posted by: Noves.4365

Noves.4365

FT (#1) is our friendly kit for skill-lag

Noves
Baruch Bay [DOOM]
http://www.youtube.com/user/Noves34

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Some people are never happy, even when warnings are attached. Maybe caps will help…

EXCUSE THE NOOBNESS IN THE VIDEO. IT WAS MY FIRST TIME USING THAT BUILD.

P.S. Guild wants to recruit more engineers.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Posted by: Dugald.4095

Dugald.4095

I enjoyed the video. You are getting some nice damage with that flamethrower and keeping up with the commander, so keep pressing FT #1 and collect loot bags.

Oh, and nice survivability.

Tarnished Coast
Mortis Umbra [MU]
http://mortisumbra.enjin.com/

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Haters gonna hate.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

I suck when I play builds for the first time too, its ok Chaba. It takes time to get use to the rotation, and button presses. Once you get the intricacies down, I’m sure you’ll be boss.

Definitely getting some nice damage with that flamethrower, 20 might stacks will do that huh? Make sure when your running into those groups your swapping to P/S to hit them with Static Shot and don’t forget to blast those dark fields your team is dropping. AoE blind is pretty sweet. You could get 2 AoE blinds and a bouncing blind while pushing, from flamethrower #5, Blasting a necro dark field and from Static Shot, that’s pretty BA. Also as a quick tip when running in an organized group, Switch to EG, turn around and hit fumigate to cleanse some of your stragglers, then use Acid Bomb when its done to catch back up to the front of the group. I do this a lot when I’m running EG and it works really well to help keep everyone together. (Cleanses those movement conditions real quick)

Just figured I throw out some suggestions for when you roll with this build again, hope it helps. See you out there.

- Oresan (Your friendly neighborhood Engineer)

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

You mentioned you played a variant of my 0/25/0/20/25 setup with the FT/EG/RB combo. What was it, if you don’t mind me asking?

I’ve lately been running 0/25/15/20/10 in WvW when I feel like using the Flamethrower, but I’m curious of what other players are running and finding effective. I haven’t really been WvWing a lot lately working on my cheevo total to get as many consecutive boxes to start as possible, but I would like to get back into it soon and haven’t really settled on a distribution I liked post-patch quite yet.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

I’ve lately been running 0/25/15/20/10 in WvW when I feel like using the Flamethrower, but I’m curious of what other players are running and finding effective. I haven’t really been WvWing a lot lately working on my cheevo total to get as many consecutive boxes to start as possible, but I would like to get back into it soon and haven’t really settled on a distribution I liked post-patch quite yet.

I don’t want to hijack a thread and hate plugging my builds in other peoples threads but I made a post about a build I’ve been using in group play if your interested.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/WvW-P-P-hybrid-Condition-Damage-Power-build/first#post2418535

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Phineas,
The build was made for a guild that is secretive about builds so I hope you understand why I will not share exact details. I will say that the difference in traits is relatively minor while the gear is better for WvW IMHO than what your build has.

Oresan,
I know, right? I was swapping more the second night. I wasn’t sure about this video at first because I was so entranced by the numbers popping all around me. LOL!

Chaba Tangnu

FT/EG WvW engineer video

in Engineer

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

I know the build and I have used variants of it for guild play.

But I typically don’t use the 1 skill at all, unless something is downed or it’s pugs. The ret damage is to much if you fight another serious team. But you should be using the 2 skill traited every time it is up on the FT, and swapping to EG for acid, and then either back to FT or to rifle if your running it for blunderbuss / jumpshot. You can cancel the acid bomb leap by dropping the kit or swapping to FT fast after you activate it.

You can get a lot of dps out of it that way. Since you can move between FT / EG / Rifle and go from strong ability to strong ability, and when you get good at chaining them they are good damage.

I swapped my stuff around so I use pretty much rifle – medkit – eg – rifle turret – rocket boots and cut FT out of the build and change to rifle traits. basically a constant swap between EG and rifle focusing on acidbomb with blunderbuss / jumpshot and more group condi removal with fumigate.

Rifle turret is nice for constant SD damage, and the detonate now does damage so thats an extra 2-4k aoe spike with the blast.

With modified ammo you get extra damage on the tool belts when rifle is out, and that goes for the SD’s as well. Which means if your guild has a lot of necros, you can get a nice damage boost even in invader / knights gear.