Face it, the naga razer is the only thing that makes this class bareable

in Engineer

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

wtf? Rebind your keys then! What is this?! I don’t even-…

in Engineer

Posted by: Elshagan.6342

Elshagan.6342

Logitech G19 Lets me do everything with my left hand without moving it too much. Love it

So yeah in the end just bloody rebind instead. Also I got an MX518 mouse, anyway didn’t start using my keyboard until recently but before that I used normal buttons and had my utilities rebound. :S So yeah.

Ezrael Curzeblood: 80 Necro
Januk Monkeydoodle: 80 Engi
Knowledge is your friend: 1 of every class for sPvP except Ele.

in Engineer

Posted by: Litego.4953

Litego.4953

Wow what an ignorant post. No one in their right mind would use buttons 7+ in any game, even 6 is a stretch, and I would stay away from it. A Naga is not nearly as useful in this MMO as a lot of others, 10 skills is easily manageable around the WASD keys without any need for alt, shift and ctrl combos. If you don’t own a Nage you rebind your keys, there is simply no reason to play with the default keys, and anyone doing so is a complete scrub. I’m sorry, but it’s true.

I bought a Naga for MMO use, didn’t use it for months because I was not really playing any MMOs at the time. Then MMOs like Secret World and GW2 comes out with their limited skills, and I got to be honest, it’s not really worth it anymore. I mean I use it, but it doesn’t really give me an edge like it would in MMOs with ridiculous amounts of skills.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

I think his point was the gaming mouse helps a lot for grenades while moving. Which is totally true. It is very clunky to try to kite with grenades if you don’t have at least the grenade 1 and 2 bound to your thumb buttons.

in Engineer

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Movement – ESF (who backpedals?)
Weapon Swap – D
Skills 1-5 | A, W, Q, R, 5
Utility skills – Z, X, C
Tool Belt – 1, 2, 3, 4
Dodge – Space Bar
Jump – Left Shift
Elite – Y
Heal – G

Just find a bind set-up that works for you. Honestly, more people should try Engineer and see what it really feels like to hot-swap kits for abilities on the fly.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in Engineer

Posted by: HiddenFear.3618

HiddenFear.3618

I like keep my toolbelt binds similar to the corresponding utility skill so I just put a shift in front of it a voila!

Weapon Skills 1-5
Utility Skills A, D, R, T, V
Toolbelt Shift A, Shift D, Shift R, Shift T

Kaldir / Kalvir [ULTD]
Condition Engi / Control Guard
Afternoon & Late Night Crew – WvWvW

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

@OP

if you need naga to play engie then face it, you need to l2p. I’m perfectly fine with G500

in Engineer

Posted by: chasingfuries.9635

chasingfuries.9635

I do best with no mouse at all. been playing mmos with a touchpad for 6 years, with all skills mapped over my entire keyboard and its really effective for games you have you aim/strafe/kite/chase etc

in Engineer

Posted by: Tanqueray.4837

Tanqueray.4837

Yippiee for all you RH’ers – I’m so gutted that your mice sometimes lack the precision you demand.
Now look at it from a LH point of view:

No buttons apart from LH/RH click – maybe you could add a bit via L/R scroll, but it’s a debit from fingertip control.

Ambidextrous mice: even shape, but they still focus the buttons to RH (the few that don’t – don’t create enough)

I know this isn’t Anet’s fault in any way, but it IS worth raising.

in Engineer

Posted by: arcdash.4039

arcdash.4039

I got a naga AND rebound my keys. Take that, internet!

in Engineer

Posted by: The Sole Witness.1670

The Sole Witness.1670

How about clicking? I must be the only man in the world who clicks his heal/utility skills.

Hitting 1-5 while moving is usually not a problem. If I ever need to hit 6-10 (including weapon kits), I can easily use my cursor. Under urgent circumstances that require me to toggle rapidly through kits (or sometimes ground-targeting skills), I’ll reach over and hit the 6+ keys, but that doesn’t happen often enough to be an issue.

A mix between cursor and keyboard selection helps to prevent further stress on my left hand, and “non-kit” utilities all bear decent times within their range of cooldowns anyway—long enough to not require an immediate key-press when returning or ready.

I considered binding utilities to key combos like shift + 1-5, but I personally enjoy binding only one set of combo keys, and I saved those for toolbelt skills.

in Engineer

Posted by: AndrewWaltfeld.4621

AndrewWaltfeld.4621

My keyboard setup:

1-5 Skills : 1-5
Movement keys: w,a,s,d
6-9 skills: z, x, c, v
F1-F4 skills: Shift + 1, 2, 3, 4
Rest of bindings = Standard

5 button mouse:
1st = attack
2nd = camera
3rd = mumble (VOIP)
4th (scroll wheel/button) = Autorun and weapon swap
5th = Ventrilo

in Engineer

Posted by: Diablerie.5296

Diablerie.5296

I use a naga and nostromo game pad, i wouldn’t say they are superior to any other method. It’s just a matter of comfort for myself personally, the nostromo especially since I have large hands and it’s more comfortable than the keyboard. Neither are needed to play any class properly though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Llethander.3972

Llethander.3972

Logitech G13 makes every class in this game a breeze.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

I’ve just figured out how to play my class. I slot most keys to the #1 key so that I can simply choose grenades and roll my face around the keyboard. Ultimate win!

Kidding!

I still think if you’re not using a programmable mouse that you should use the keys closest to your WASD. ZXCV are good choices, and you can use shift or control with them for your toolbelt skills.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

in Engineer

Posted by: emoleas.4309

emoleas.4309

Oooo a thread on rebinding as an engineer. Here’s my list:

Rebind A and D to strafe left and right. Turn Left/Right unbound (they are useless)

Rebind healing skill (5) to Q.
Rebind Utility 1 (6) to Z
Rebind Utility 2 (7) to X
Rebind Utility 3 (8) to C
Rebind elite (9) to E

Leave skill slot 1 to 5 as is. I use 3 kits (healing kit, bomb kit, grenade kit) and can easily combo everything.

The only keys I have any problems with are the F-keys, but its not that bad.

in Engineer

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

5 button mouse and keybinded here, the Naga isn’t an item the requires you to play the class but merely a luxury item, so please change the title, it is misleading.

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I neither rebind nor use any special mouse. I just move the mouse and click something if I need it and it’s not in easy reach of my fingers.

in Engineer

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I am an Engineer that does not have one of these fancy-type mice. I am having no problems playing the class, strafing, kiting, and swapping kits around. It’s possible, it’s fun, it doesn’t degrade the class or the playstyle. L2P.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rikishi.7285

Rikishi.7285

How about no, I have a Logitech G500 and I use only one button that is changed to F1 for bandaging, I do not have a problem switching between the grenade, medkit and rifle with my keyboard. There is this thing that is called: REBIND YOUR HOTBAR! Seems like you need your mouse to play the game for you. L2P.

in Engineer

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

This game doesnt require that many different buttons rofl. Switch to a kit and you can still keep using 1-5 anyway. I got 2 side buttons on my mouse for med kit and dodge and thats about all you need. Bind toolbelt to Z X C V. Utilities to Q E R. You must have some kitten tiny hands if these buttons take longer to press than mouse buttons.

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

ummmm ok so

SteelSeries SHIFT + Logitech G500
Forward – W
Backward – S
Strafe Left – A
Strafe Right – D
Weapon Skill – 1,2,3,4,5
Heal – Side Mouse Button #1
Utility #1 – Q
U#2 – E
U#3 – R
Elite – Side Mouse Button 3
Dodge – Side Mouse Button 2
Weapon Swap/Kit Exit – ~
ToolBelt #1 – Z
ToolBelt #2 – X
ToolBelt #3 – C
ToolBelt #4 – V
Interact/Stomp – F

And i still can bind a lot of crap to keyboard, or record macros, or bind a lot more things to mouse (scroll to left & right and scroll clicked and so on).

in Engineer

Posted by: vitigis.4160

vitigis.4160

Using the default WSAD settings is just silly. It always cracks me up that WSAD somehow became the defacto model (thanks Quake!) It effectively eliminates the use of 60% of the keyboard unless you have very long fingers, or use 2 hands.

A much better method is to rebind to UJHK or some other combination in the MIDDLE of the keyboard (I use UJYI personally and rebound 1,2,3,4 to mouse 4, H,K F) . From there, you can easily reach all keys (no alt/shift needed). That said, the more buttons on your mouse, the better.

Q-everyone has it better than me-Q

in Engineer

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I use a Razer Nostromo gamepad for this game and find it essential for playing my Engineer effectively. Movement with my thumb on the D-pad gives me 15 buttons I can easily and quickly hit with 4 fingers. I have the 1-5 skills on the middle row, 1-4 Toolbelt skills on the top row (with my Elite on the top right), and my utility skills on the bottom row. Scroll wheel up to dodge, back to drop whatever kit I’m in and swap back to weapon, and two thumb buttons bound to loot and nearest target. I jump with one thumb button on my mouse and the other to toggle voice comm.

Works great for me, and I know for a fact that I’d struggle with my Engineer without it.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate