Fast acting elixir question

in Engineer

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Does this trait effect “Elixir” skills in the elixir gun? If so, does it stack with the trait that decreases elixir gun recharge, so you can get a total of -40% recharge on 3 of the skills?

in Engineer

drwookie.6391

Oh and in addition…does the trait that makes elixirs deal dmg include those elixirs in the elixir gun?

in Engineer

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

it’s written in the guild wars 2 wiki and the answer is no

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

It’s supposed to, but it’s bugged right now. The Elixirs on the Elixir Gun are technically Elixirs, but the devs haven’t gotten around to it yet.

in Engineer

drwookie.6391

It’s supposed to, but it’s bugged right now. The Elixirs on the Elixir Gun are technically Elixirs, but the devs haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Have they confirmed that it is supposed to, or are they planning on changing the names so they aren’t affected?

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Read the skill. It’s classified as an Elixir in-game. Both Super Elixir and Acid Bomb falls under Elixirs.

Edit: I guess that isn’t a real answer to your question though. So I don’t know for sure.

Edit2: You can test this by traiting for HGH and using Super Elixir on yourself.

in Engineer

drwookie.6391

Read the skill. It’s classified as an Elixir in-game.

Edit: I guess that isn’t a real answer to your question though. So I don’t know for sure.

Ya I guess what I"m asking is perhaps they wrote them as elixirs but never really intended them to be affected by those traits.

For instance the trait that says elixirs cause damage technically says “THROWN elixirs cause damage”, so I assume that excludes the elixir gun. Perhaps they intended for other traits to say “thrown” and they left the word out?

HGH and Potent Elixirs. Do either of them affect the elixir gun?

EDIT: I’m in WvW right now and not level 80, otherwise I would go into the mists and test. SOrry.

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_Gun

Alchemy

Deadly Mixture – Deal 15% extra damage with a flamethrower or elixir gun.
Fast-Acting Elixirs – Elixir skills recharge 20% faster.

NOTE: Elixir skills from the Elixir Gun do not receive the bonus from Fast-Acting Elixirs.

BRO don’t fighting over it

in Engineer

drwookie.6391

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elixir_Gun

Alchemy

Deadly Mixture – Deal 15% extra damage with a flamethrower or elixir gun.
Fast-Acting Elixirs – Elixir skills recharge 20% faster.

NOTE: Elixir skills from the Elixir Gun do not receive the bonus from Fast-Acting Elixirs.

BRO don’t fighting over it

It doesn’t comment on HGH or potent elixirs, so I assume they don’t synergize either right?

in Engineer

EvilZombie.6801

kit elixir don’t benefit that’s all i got to say from beta till now no changes so i assume it this way, if it does then elixir won’t be getting nerf probably so i hope NO and i wish them to buff elixir gun

MORE BLEEDING DURATION !!!!

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

Elixir traits are enough to drive you mad.

IIRC:

Fast-Acting Elixirs:
Elixir H, B, U, C, R, X and S(though in tooltip only)

Potent Elixirs:
Elixir H, B, X
Toss H, B

HGH:
Elixir H, B, C, U, R, S and X
Toss: H, B, C, U, R,

Its pretty much arbitrary how elixir traits affect elixirs. Don’t look for logic.

As it stands with regards to the elixir gun. Only one trait reduces cooldowns, and that is the ‘fireforged trigger’ trait.

It currently however, is bugged itself, as it only affects the cooldown of elixir F and acid bomb IIRC. Not everything.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Read the skill. It’s classified as an Elixir in-game. Both Super Elixir and Acid Bomb falls under Elixirs.

Edit2: You can test this by traiting for HGH and using Super Elixir on yourself.

I believe it is more likely that it is classified wrong. We have a plethora of issue of this nature in our traits. Even in beta, I do not recall this being confirmed at all.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.