Favorite Grenadier WvW runes?

in Engineer

Posted by: Destroyer.1306

Destroyer.1306

I’m trying to decide which I like the most for a glass cannon engineer grenadier. (I figure the 1500 range and my enormous damage are my best defense.)

Scholar gives 10% more damage while above 90% health, which is often but not always.

Centaur used to give infinite group swiftness buff by spamming healing kit — does it still? I used to run with this and enjoyed it.

Pack gives a ton of stats. This is what I’m currently using.

Ogre is interesting — I understand those Rock Dogs are serious business.

Does Vampirism give infinite life leach if you have the dexterity to switch to healing kit between every attack?

Stinky Garbage, Engineer. Meatbag, Guardian. Dum Dums, Elementalist.

in Engineer

Posted by: NeryK.5301

NeryK.5301

Runes of the Centaur: still works fine albeit with a slight downtime (~1s) as the cooldown is a bit more than displayed on the description. Still, group-wide perma-swiftness is really nice to have when moving around (also frees 10 points otherwise needed for speedy kits).
However you cannot exploit it any longer to gain hour long group swiftness (and self vigor), which is good.

I don’t know about Vampirism: even if it did work with no cooldown, the loss of dps due to switching time overhead (significant, even with nimble fingers) would outweigh the benefits of the health drain in my opinion.

I like this job. I like it !

in Engineer

Posted by: lepri.6504

lepri.6504

The rune of divinity would be ideal if you have decent precision. You can have a nice crit rate adding with fury that you can get either from elixirB or med kit#4
You throw 3 grenades which have 3 seperate crit chance. This means you have can crit a lot more than crit rate implies. Additional crit damage fits on grenade set prefectly.
The only downside is being very expensive.

Blacktide>>Yafes>>Asura Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

I have a great succes with the Rata Sum rune in WvsW! The Grenadier setup I use focus a lot on stacking vurnability and poison in huge sieges, and with Rata Sum I can often keep about 20 vurnability coondtionsup myself! And they ain’t very expensive!

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

I have a great succes with the Rata Sum rune in WvsW! The Grenadier setup I use focus a lot on stacking vurnability and poison in huge sieges, and with Rata Sum I can often keep about 20 vurnability coondtionsup myself! And they ain’t very expensive!

Rata Sum does not effect vulnerability, but weakness.
Weakness is only reachable with combos. And u don’t realy need additional posion duration. Also the radition field is kitten with 120s cd. So at all this rune is realy realy bad for engi and I realy don’t believe in “your succes” withit, sorry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Rata Sum does not effect vulnerability, but weakness.
Weakness is only reachable with combos. And u don’t realy need additional posion duration. Also the radition field is kitten with 120s cd. So at all this rune is realy realy bad for engi and I realy don’t believe in “your succes” withit, sorry.

Your right… I have been thinking it gave Vulnerbility all the time.. geees! That said, the posion duration is still neat when you stack it with poison grenade. And while I roam around a lot in WvsW the Radition field often pop in 1vs1 fight, where It really can help, seeing as it both stack weakness and poison, and do a good amount of damage to (+ Gun Jump in it, or poison grenade field, will give AoE weakness)! But meeh, it ain’t as good in siege fight’s and zergs then… Only for 1vs1, 1vs2 ect. still a cheap rune that have it uses

in Engineer

Destroyer.1306

I was reading that people like to stack Might and Might Duration in a 30/0/0/30/10 build. I think I might try that out. For that, I think Strength runes might be really useful.

in Engineer

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

I was reading that people like to stack Might and Might Duration in a 30/0/0/30/10 build. I think I might try that out. For that, I think Strength runes might be really useful.

Yeah, im using Bombs but the same thing applies. So far Strength(+ might duration) is the best option(and most expensive) because i have might 80% of the time due to HgH and i stack them often. However if Power doesn’t scale up my damage… maybe i should rethink?

in Engineer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

Divinity is really nice. It increases 7 stats by 60 points and gives you 12 crit damage increase to boot. I’m running full rampagers with 69% crit chance and its amazing (bit squishy). Sure there are runes that will buff damage for condition builds, but the runes have power on them.

Personally I think rune of the mad king might give divinity a rune for its money.
Edit: Rune of the Mad King probably better if your rolling glass cannon.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

(edited by Moderator)

in Engineer

Destroyer.1306

However if Power doesn’t scale up my damage… maybe i should rethink?

What did you mean by this? I thought that’s exactly what power does. Did I miss something?

in Engineer

Posted by: xXTattsXx.4361

xXTattsXx.4361

Rune of the Eagle has treated me well

Tatts – SoCo

in Engineer

Orion the Cursed.1206

What did you mean by this? I thought that’s exactly what power does. Did I miss something?

Someone on this forum told me kit damage is only affected by Level. He complained that everyones (grenade to grenade/bomb to bomb/FT to FT/TK to TK) base damage is the same at lvl 80. Is that true? Nobody contradicted him at the time so i assumed its true

in Engineer

Posted by: UserNameDeluxe.4693

UserNameDeluxe.4693

Someone on this forum told me kit damage is only affected by Level. He complained that everyones (grenade to grenade/bomb to bomb/FT to FT/TK to TK) base damage is the same at lvl 80. Is that true? Nobody contradicted him at the time so i assumed its true

It’s a half-truth. Kit damage does scale with level, and doesn’t get the stats or damage from your equipped weapon(s). Their damage does scale with the stats off of your armor, trinkets, food, etc.

in Engineer

Orion the Cursed.1206

It’s a half-truth. Kit damage does scale with level, and doesn’t get the stats or damage from your equipped weapon(s). Their damage does scale with the stats off of your armor, trinkets, food, etc.

NO, im not talking about weapon stats. I’m not stupid. I’m talking about your OVERALL POWER (thus power sigils are useless). Even said the 300 points of power on explosive is useless. (Edit: Nobody disagreed.)

I was very VERY clear.

See, this is why i cant trust people who complain HERE. They would stoop so low as to twist the truth to gain a small advantage. Pathetic

(edited by Orion the Cursed.1206)

in Engineer

Destroyer.1306

This is accurate. Aside from weapon stats and weapon Sigils, engineers’ kit damage should benefit from Power from any other source (armor, rune, food, jewelry, Might, etc.)

in Engineer

Orion the Cursed.1206

Whatever. I was right before they lied to me. He(and the rest of them) was obviously not talking about weapon stats but all power being useless for all kits. kittened up players nowadays