Feeling very defeated

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: mikeew.8607

mikeew.8607

I have been with this game for over 2 years with the recent changes to engi I just feel compared to so many other classes and builds it is so sub optimal and sub par. I loved running my cele rifle nade hybrid iteration but anymore grenade kit feels like an afterthought and I find myself losing way more than I ever used to. I hate feeling like I am pigeonholed into playing a condi build because thats what works. Any suggestions on what I can do or is this just the state of the game. If so I will probably be cutting ties with Guild Wars 2 as the development team just seems to me to have lost sight of what this game was supposed to be and continues to nerf classes until they are no longer enjoyable.

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

GRENADE kit seems like an afterthought?

What? Is this a joke post? I am so confused right now.

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

mikeew.8607

No how does it seem like a joke? have you not played engi since they re enabled it?

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: Placebo Effect.4508

Placebo Effect.4508

Are you saying something is wrong with Grenades since the reactivation (aside from the lack of legendary animation)? I haven’t played with it yet today, since the patch release.

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

mikeew.8607

Its damage just feels like its under performing. That and having to sit and spam abilities to get them to even fire. When I never have to do any of that on any of my other classes. I literally get downed by everything and very rarely am downing anyone anymore unless I run condi.

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

mikeew.8607

I find myself having to place grenade barrage at least 3 to 4 times to even actually execute the ability. Which by the time I do typically is way to late.

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I find this position strange.

Grenadier makes the Grenade Kit radius 180 and travel faster. It’s in every aspect a buff of its performance. The only thing that changed is the range.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

Grenades could be bugged, I don’t use them because I dislike having to place them. Flamethrower, elixir gun, and HGH have valid builds. I haven’t looked too hard into mortar because I find FT more fun. HGH was always a high risk/high reward build due to Elixir X’s transform RNG. You always had a bunker option with engi as well. I think engi is mostly a hybrid class since many of the kits are damage and condition based which is good to pair with celestial. However, I feel that for me, burst engi is too difficult to play so moving to a tank build with FT helped me enjoy engi more post patch.

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

mikeew.8607

I literally said grenades feel a certain way Thank god you can read and took that as grenadier.

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: Jordan.1960

Jordan.1960

I found the buff of getting Grenadier reactivated quite nice actually. The problem with the Grenade Barrage going off is probably a result of queuing grenade toss to high, which is solved by easing up a little on that trigger finger XD

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

At the launch of the update, grenade was just overpowered because the grenadier trait created like 13 grenades, make Barrage a one shot kill. While they fix it they just disabled the trait so ya, it’s a little bit underpowered right now, but it’s temporary until they fix the trait. I heard that they fixed symbolic avenger for the guardian, so maybe they also fixed grenadier.

But I play almost exclusively cele engineer for the last 3 months (before and after the patch) and I don’t feel a noticeable difference with grenade. If anything, it’s easier to play it now. But maybe that’s because of the additional defensive trait and because i’m better with the profession. I don’t know.

And like Jordan say. It’s easy to get too excited with the nade auto-attack and freak out the skill queue. Control your keys better and you should be fine.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

mikeew.8607

thanks I will try your advice.

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Having the same feelings, Ive been trying to find fun things about all the changes but i cant.

I was never a fan of playing condition builds which seems like the only effective thing we have atm and even still, other classes do it better with less APM.

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: Jordan.1960

Jordan.1960

Incendiary Ammo + Poison Dart Volley, then just CC spam them for the next 5-6 seconds and laugh

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

I literally said grenades feel a certain way Thank god you can read and took that as grenadier.

If you’re using Grenade Kit without Grenadier I’m not sure what to tell you.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

mikeew.8607

Phineas you are honestly not at all paying attention so I am done responding to you. Your focusing on some subject that you have created in your mind and nothing that I have ever even brought up .

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

@Phineas (the forum quote thing is acting up.)

I run grenades without grenade and hit just as much. There are times when it is useful to have the extra radius and even throw speed but honestly it isn’t that big of a deal.

I tend to use nades at very close range though in fairness.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Are you implying that all engineer should use grenadier with grenade kit?. Pre patch ya, but now? Grenadier is a nice little trait, that doesn’t really improve you dps. Just help you hit your target more frequently. Really not a big deal to not use it.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Feeling very defeated

in Engineer

Phineas Poe.3018

Are you implying that all engineer should use grenadier with grenade kit?. Pre patch ya, but now? Grenadier is a nice little trait, that doesn’t really improve you dps. Just help you hit your target more frequently. Really not a big deal to not use it.

I agree, but if one finds the Grenade Kit lackluster it may help to try it with all traits included.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)