Feels So Good

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

After so many years the time has finally come. We, as Engineer mains, finally had a balance update that we came out on top of. Buffs to our condi, buffs to our power builds, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

Eles got good cooldown buffs but complain about how “hard they were nerfed”
Mesmers got buffs but are “trash tier,” as described by all my raiding friends because Rev has alacrity now.

So here we are, finally having a balance patch that truly helped our “purity of purpose.”

Attachments:

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

rev alacrity isnt great and your raiding friends are overestimating the negative effects on mesmers. just did a fractal 100 cm with a healing rev and by the end of it the guy was pretty discouraged and frustrated. and it certainly seemed like it went smoother with him on a dps dh for 1 of the bosses. but hey thats #puglyfe. i doubt much will come out of the alacrity.

meteor shower and lightning overload had it coming and its painful but the cd things soften the blow a little. it certainly is a hard nerf.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

what a great picture to match the thread.
8/10

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

I do agree, its time to celebrate

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: scorekeeper.6524

scorekeeper.6524

: : salt levels decreasing : :

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: Legit Prep In.5893

Legit Prep In.5893

Could you point me to where “power build” got a buff ?

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Could you point me to where “power build” got a buff ?

Blunderbuss: This skill has been unsplit from PvP and will now deal the higher (10%) damage values in all areas of the game. Increased bleeding stacks from 1 – 4 to 2 – 5, based on range. Increased bleeding duration from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.
Glass Cannon: The threshold for damage increase has been reduced from 90% to 75%.
Shaped Charge The damage of this skill has been increased from 7% to 10%.
Static Discharge: The damage dealt by this trait has been increased by 20%.
Shrapnel: The chance for this trait to activate has been increased from 15% to 33%.

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I’m very happy about this patch. Engineers will now have safe spots in raid groups, although I wouldn’t welcome them too freely in pugs.

Power Engi now scratches the 31k dips with realistic buffs too, while condi should be scratching the 33k. However I wouldn’t only go for condi cuz of those 2k, as there are plenty of raid bosses where power is superior. Same goes for fractals where power almost always is superior.

The condi damage aura the Engi gained, shared on his allies, the dps increase they expirience taken away from them and added to the Engi as “passive damage”, will most likely lead to a good Engi being the top dps profession for small hitboxes.

Yes, I certainly am triggered to HYPE a bit

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: Kenshi Maru.5489

Kenshi Maru.5489

Well, okay, we got some good buffs but I don’t think we got on top of other classes.
Everyone got pretty good buffs on their core classes, just some elites and OP classes got some nerfs but they also got a TON of buffs along with it.
I mean, yeah Ele can’t 1-shot big stuff with meteor shower and lost 7% damage on Overload Air, but they got over 25% Cooldown Reduction on so many skills that it’s not even funny.

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

Well, okay, we got some good buffs but I don’t think we got on top of other classes.
Everyone got pretty good buffs on their core classes, just some elites and OP classes got some nerfs but they also got a TON of buffs along with it.
I mean, yeah Ele can’t 1-shot big stuff with meteor shower and lost 7% damage on Overload Air, but they got over 25% Cooldown Reduction on so many skills that it’s not even funny.

Aren’t most of the cooldown reductions on support skills?

Feels So Good

in Engineer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Aren’t most of the cooldown reductions on support skills?

Yup. I count only two skills that actually do any damage that got cooldown reductions on ele, and I doubt Ride the Lightning and Earthquake will be part of every damage rotation from here on out.

As to the OP, if I hadn’t just finished making HOPE last month, I’d probably be running around with an SD Hammer or Rifle build right now. Luckly the Blowtorch, Flamethrower and pinpoint distribution changes mean I’m not losing anything by sticking to condi for the near future.