Finally, thank you

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

For making a TRULY WORTHLESS GM trait into a suitable GM (Medical Dispersion Field).

20% no CD on high healing power builds is basically elixir infused bombs. A little less, but doesn’t require spamming a single skill so it’s fair IMO.

Now… about that gadgeteer GM…

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

dulfy says it’s increased by 20%, so in total it will be 32% (or just 1/3rd straight).

Great news, definitively.
It’s diminished by the fact that it only procs on our own heals, but as long as that includes our waterfield blasts, we’ll be fine I guess.

Edit:
Also, dat HT scaling.
Seems like A’net decided that they want to crank up group-healing on engi in general.
Get your settlers / cleric gear ready, folks. For those who love supporter roles, great times are coming for you.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

The healing pulsed out to your allies has been increased by 20%.

Currently it’s 12%, so we can understand this sentence in two ways:

Version 1:
12% + 20% = 32%

Version 2:
12% * 1.2 (+20%) = 14.4% ~ 15%

Unfortunately I guess the 2nd one is more likely to happen. But the first one would be just AMAZING. I still hope it’s the 1st one ^.^

It is only triggered by your heals on yourself.

So basicly if other blast your water field, nothing happens, but if you blast their’s, everyone gets heald for X% of the blast finisher.

I like this, finally we have our healing bomb replacement, yay!! I hope it works with regeneration caused by ourselves too.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Nah, I think it’s just been given an 8% increase. So increased to 20% not increased by 20%

If it’s increased by 20% it would be great but, I’m also happy with the former.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

20% no CD on high healing power builds is basically elixir infused bombs. A little less, but doesn’t require spamming a single skill so it’s fair IMO.

Not even close to elixir infused bombs. EIB healed you for each bomb. You never spammed a single skill. At least I didn’t. As far as I am aware, this trait simply gives healing you have to create, for the most part, through healing skills, and gives some of it to those allies in range. EIB simply gave you some sustained healing when in bomb kit. Giving it value as a front line weapon kit.

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Not even close to elixir infused bombs. EIB healed you for each bomb. You never spammed a single skill. At least I didn’t. As far as I am aware, this trait simply gives healing you have to create, for the most part, through healing skills, and gives some of it to those allies in range. EIB simply gave you some sustained healing when in bomb kit. Giving it value as a front line weapon kit.

I personally like it a lot more than EIB for the simple fact that it does not require you to camp a kit.

Any time you find yourself camping pretty much anything as an Engineer you are most likely being sub-optimal. There are exceptions (mostly WvW related) of course.

That said, I would buff it even a little bit more by adding the following: gain 50 health whenever you inflict damage. Might be a bit much though.

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

That is where I believe you misunderstood EIBs existence. As I understand it, it wasn’t intended to entice you to camp in a kit. It was designed to give a melee kit more benefit of the over shadowing grenade kit.

If you found yourself camping in bomb kit, that is an issue with how you were playing, as far as I am concerned,

Lets make no mistake here. You are replying as if I was trying to suggest I was asking for EIB here. That is not the case. I was simply refuting the statement in the original post. that I felt was misinforming.

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: Silinsar.6298

Silinsar.6298

20% would be good, but not really “Grand” yet imo. Basically it’s a 20% increase for outgoing group heal while also giving a bit of group heal on pure self heal. Not quite confident yet that it’ll make healing builds viable.

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

Elixir bombs:

1)equip bomb kit
2) 1111111111111111
3) nobody ever dies while you do full dps
4) get kicked for being an engineer

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

Elixir bombs:

1)equip bomb kit
2) 1111111111111111
3) nobody ever dies while you do full dps
4) get kicked for being an engineer

1) Check
2) You may spam only 1 and not rotate out of the kit, but better players may not.
3) Decent players are aware that spamming 1 on anything is nowhere near full DPS.
4) I do not believe they kick engineers generally. Just players who display poor game play such as only spamming one.

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

My engie is going to have so much fun. Even at 20%, that’s still a majorly powerful trait. Given that I’ve managed to burst five times off of the Mortar water field with my current build (thump, Orbital, Thump self destruct, big ol’ bomb, and Rumble), that’s a heck of a lot of bonus healing for a raid scenario.

Finally, thank you

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Why bothering about healing or support, Druid is the new support class, the 20% of our heal will not take much effect

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]