Fist fighting elite spec idea, spill it out

in Engineer

Posted by: Slaymeding.9584

Slaymeding.9584

Disclaimer: I dont expect this to see any kind of attention.

Now, before you squint your eyes and say “wut” know that i’m a fan of anything that fights with gauntlets and such.
Would you like to see an elite spec that wields mechanical gauntlets whose skills are ALL flip skills (i know that it would be a kitten to use considering timing your flips and getting a right order would kill it, its just an idea) that let you use various combos you make up similiar to DoTA’s Invoker?
For example, skill 1 has 3 flips, let’s say a punch a jab and and an uppercut.
Skill 2 has 2 flips, a sweep and a high kick.

Certain skills could automatically flip others to get a combo that would end in a more meaningful way .

When you use a punch, and then jab the sweep flips to the high kick.

It’s a simple theory that can be worked in various ways.
If you too would like to grab another dude by the hair and ENGI SMASH his face with maniacally engineered makeshift steam-punk gauntlets, discuss.

Could not be an Engineer IRL so i’ve become one in Tyria.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Yes but reading stuff like this hurts me physically and mentally because deep down I know it’s never going to happen.

in Engineer

Posted by: J envy.5270

J envy.5270

i have replied to other forum posts similar to this before when specializations was first announced months before HoT came out and to no avail.

A lot of us love the fist fighting monk archetype character either from a fighting game background such as street fighter or tekken, or playing other monk archetypes such as ragnarok online, blade and soul and diablo 3. Sadly there is no news if anet will make any new weapon types coming the next expansion, we all just have to wait.

The previous expansion did not introduce new weapon types in the game, and last news i heard about this doesn’t bode well for the future. The closest i can give you that has a feel of it somewhat is playing a warrior/berserker and use either gs/hammer or m/sh hammer and then use the rampage elite alongside bull rush, sundering leap and stomp as your utility skills.

or you can play BnS i did when it came out (for 3 months) before i got bored of gear treadmill and went back to gw2. the kungfu master does for the most part what your looking for but i feel the game does not feel as smooth as gw2. Gets your fix atleast.

Kamote
Guild Wars Vet since 05
multi-class all game modes

(edited by J envy.5270)

in Engineer

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

I woudn’t expect anet to introduce a new time weapon soon, or at all sadly. If they were to introduce it though, they would incoorperate a current weapon to fit its style; like how staff was originally magic based, but with Dare Devil it becomes used as a melee weapon. For a fist weapon, I would say they could use Focus/Focus as the weapon set for the Elite Specialization. My food for thought.

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

I woudn’t expect anet to introduce a new time weapon soon, or at all sadly. If they were to introduce it though, they would incoorperate a current weapon to fit its style; like how staff was originally magic based, but with Dare Devil it becomes used as a melee weapon. For a fist weapon, I would say they could use Focus/Focus as the weapon set for the Elite Specialization. My food for thought.

ANet sure likes surprising mechanics – meele staff, ranged hammer, (useless rifle), I’d say we should be expecting everything from meele main-hand warhorn to focus used as throwable, physical projectile – boomerang style.

in Engineer

Posted by: Slaymeding.9584

Slaymeding.9584

i have replied to other forum posts similar to this before when specializations was first announced months before HoT came out and to no avail.

A lot of us love the fist fighting monk archetype character either from a fighting game background such as street fighter or tekken, or playing other monk archetypes such as ragnarok online, blade and soul and diablo 3. Sadly there is no news if anet will make any new weapon types coming the next expansion, we all just have to wait.

The previous expansion did not introduce new weapon types in the game, and last news i heard about this doesn’t bode well for the future. The closest i can give you that has a feel of it somewhat is playing a warrior/berserker and use either gs/hammer or m/sh hammer and then use the rampage elite alongside bull rush, sundering leap and stomp as your utility skills.

or you can play BnS i did when it came out (for 3 months) before i got bored of gear treadmill and went back to gw2. the kungfu master does for the most part what your looking for but i feel the game does not feel as smooth as gw2. Gets your fix atleast.

When i said that i knew this thread wouldnt get attention that included devs as well, this is simply a fun make-a-wish thread
I know, new weapons would be colossal work, just imagining how would it be and in what ways it could work.

I can’t really get into other mmorpgs, they either straight up bore me or doesnt have that spark that i get attached to :/

Could not be an Engineer IRL so i’ve become one in Tyria.