Fix Scope or remove it

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

Could we have some info on the proposed changes on scope? So that we can give a feedback, at least.

Mabye in a months time.

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

I think Kimbald got it correct in saying anything is better then a non working trait.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

They probably won’t tell us how it’s going to be changed, just like they didn’t tell us how HGH was going to be changed when it was. All we’ll know is that A ) It will, hopefully, function, and B ) It will function differently from the way it does(n’t) now.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Well for good reason, players tend to overreact to changes. Also they havent finalized most of the changes up until last few days of patch. We see this first hand with the SOTG speculations. Alot of those changes they mentioned never actually happened they change their mind or delay changes often. Hell they even released patch notes will changes that they pushed back.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Punkins.2087

Punkins.2087

When I was young, i made these kinds of posts.

Fast forward 10 years, I’m a software engineer working on a large scale framework.. I can only smile and shake my head at the sheer ignorance oozing from each and every “omg what is taking so long?!?!?!”…

:)

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I’ve had this trait equipped since the moment I unlocked the 2nd major trait slot in the Tools traitline on the assumption that it would one day be fixed and I’d be all the better for it. Now I see it’s going to chance without me ever having benefited from it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad it will do something. I’m just a little bummed I never got to use it as it was originally intended to be used.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

oh @punkins it’s not as simple as that.

We’ve all been victim of the mismanagement on this one. The traits in the engineer tree have always been viewed as something they’ve needed to change and first of all fix since launch, other F2P titles (using the same billing) have been able to fix their trait systems that are just as complex without it taking long enough to reach the 1 yr anniversary before actually getting the job done because they focused on changing and sometimes completely breaking other traits entirely (Kit Refinement). Patience died when the last patch arrived and nothing of the concerns of the majority of the posters on these forums were looked at.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Punkins.2087

Punkins.2087

oh @punkins it’s not as simple as that.

We’ve all been victim of the mismanagement on this one. The traits in the engineer tree have always been viewed as something they’ve needed to change and first of all fix since launch, other F2P titles (using the same billing) have been able to fix their trait systems that are just as complex without it taking long enough to reach the 1 yr anniversary before actually getting the job done because they focused on changing and sometimes completely breaking other traits entirely (Kit Refinement). Patience died when the last patch arrived and nothing of the concerns of the majority of the posters on these forums were looked at.

I’d repeat myself, but it went over your head the first time, sooooo…

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

@ Punkins, you are not the only Dev around, so stop your megalomania. There are companies that build and release projects 10 times more complex than fixing a mere trait bug. If you think a work like this takes months to complete, you still have a long way to go Junior!

@Tigirius you are right. It’s sad that a year passed by and after hundreds of complains and proof posted on this forum, some traits are still broken. We get “shiny” content every month, which is pretty complex but it’s the core that needs fixing first.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Spart.6578

Spart.6578

At least we’ll be getting a fix to scope, even if it means it is going away and another trait will be replacing it. That said, let’s hope the new trait isn’t bugged on release and that we can get more work done regarding bugs.

Sucks that it took so long to get a response on scope, but hey, they finally acknowledged and gonna do something about it.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

Scope – Gain 10% critical hit chance while standing still.

Do you guys belive that this trait is good for any build for Engi? Most of time in sPvP/WvW or even PvE you are in move basiclly, so imo this trait should be deleted from game, or re-build it for something more useful.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

Do you guys belive that this trait is good for any build for Engi? Most of time in sPvP/WvW or even PvE you are in move basiclly, so imo this trait should be deleted from game, or re-build it for something more useful.

Can’t really tell since it’s been broke for a year and I haven’t got the chance to use it. Anyway It’s different to picture a build where you could stand still and release a burst. Maybe running a berserker Rifle Static Discharge.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

It would certainly reaffirm the engineer as the stationary turret role, raining grenades down upon aggressors in WvW or using one of the popular bunker builds to hold points in sPvP.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

It would certainly reaffirm the engineer as the stationary turret role, raining grenades down upon aggressors in WvW or using one of the popular bunker builds to hold points in sPvP.

wat? even as a bunker engi, you need to move in the point no mather what, or supporting middle point, so basiclly you are in “move” all the time. Turrets are usless, and prolly never will be useful in this game, where moving is like 50% of success.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

wat?

I said it would certainly reaffirm the engineer as the stationary turret role, raining grenades down upon aggressors in WvW or using one of the popular bunker builds to hold points in sPvP.

Don’t discard a build as worthless when others can pull it off to great effect.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

JubeiTM.5763

wat? even as a bunker engi, you need to move in the point no mather what, or supporting middle point, so basiclly you are in “move” all the time. Turrets are usless, and prolly never will be useful in this game, where moving is like 50% of success.

He said Turret not Bunker. I even tried a Static Discharge build with Grenades and it works surprisingly well. The grenade barrage is a good weapon to use if the toolbelt reduction (from tool trait) is maxed. So the last one should be scope, imagine the crits you get.

I am sure there would be more theorycraft and applied builds but why waste time if the trait is forever broken?

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Tsarbomba.9180

Tsarbomba.9180

Funny how quickly they “fixed” Hundred nades and Double Super Elixir but when something isn’t negatively affecting their precious Big Sword tap 1 button and crit for 40k class rank as top damager in the game, they drag their feet.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: FlamingForce.6389

FlamingForce.6389

Wow, I was actually thinking about using it but as it turns out..It’s useless. I guess that does help with my decision making for now, but it still kinda sucks.

The more you know, I suppose.

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Until they give us the option for turrets to move with us like they did with ranger spirits these things will be useless.

Not to forget the problems with pets in this game because people haven’t learned from mmo history, that things like turrets, spirits, pets need a resistance to AOE damage to survive and remain useful. They’re just going to have to bite the bullet and use the tried and true methods other mmo’s have come out with long ago that always worked.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

so does scope work properly now? is it flat 10% increase when you are 600 range away?

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Omnimaetus.8019

Omnimaetus.8019

Wait, scope doesn’t work?

D:

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Snack.9315

Snack.9315

It should work after the change from “if moving” to “if further than 600 yards.”
Also, the poster above you necro’d it from before it was fix. It should work now. (though I still wouldn’t take it)

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).
Current characters: Mistress Viridi (Elementalist), Pigeon Opener (Engineer).
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Mail me in-game if you add me!

Fix Scope or remove it

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

you seem to be lost the necro forum is 3 clicks down from engineer