Flame Blast with the Flamethrower

in Engineer

Posted by: Greenhill.8710

Greenhill.8710

It might be just me who thinks this way but looking at the flamethrower number 2 attack flame blast i found it really hard to use above all to do the combo with wall of flame for might stacks you need to make the ball explode in precise spot or it doesn’t work and a lot of times you target other monsters that moves so you miss the shoot in the direction you want. So why don’t putting it ground targeting and saving a lot of trouble and why not putting with a bit of burning damage it’s a flamethrower after all ..

That’s my opinion so don’t answer like you are a noob who can’t play …. thx

in Engineer

Posted by: Mantraxx.5183

Mantraxx.5183

(One thing upfront: the last sentence makes you look like a kitten, either rephrase it into something nicer or just remove it, thanks.)

After trying out the flamethrower for some time, I found it pretty easy to hit the burst finisher on 2. What I do: lay the fire field, stand just in front of it and pressing 2 twice – vĂ³ila!

Granted, sometimes it just misses, but that’s mostly because of bad positioning in relation to the fire field. And I’m all up for ground targetting, would make the whole thing a lot smoother.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

This is you looking to the east: >
This is a fire field : ====

If you have problems to hit it, try this : > ===

in Engineer

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Best way to get it to blast properly is to never shoot it upwards. If you aim directly horizontal or little downwards you will get the blast off easily.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

shooting on fire field below you it’s one thing. But shooting it in zi enemy group is ussually harder. U need to pick a target in the middle of them or behind and shoot beofre that target moves out of your line of sight and out of the main group, then detonate zi blast before it reachs it end IF there is noone standing in the end of blast anymore.

On some hill terrain is really hard to hit without target and with camera beeing above your head is usssually not procign at all.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Greenhill.8710

Greenhill.8710

thx I ll try

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Don’t look too much from above i.e don’t target it into the ground or it goes right through the floor for some reason. Also, like all engineer stuff you have to mash the button for it to work reliably.