Flame on!

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: jeckcrow.9376

jeckcrow.9376

So… Flamethrower Kit. Good weapon, or best weapon?

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Eiseth.5439

Eiseth.5439

I’m picking the third option….
Meeeh
:3

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mathrym Malukker.8469

Mathrym Malukker.8469

Flamethrower is pretty good. But my favorite so far is the Elixir Gun. Having a blast with it.

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Reaverz.3481

Reaverz.3481

So… Flamethrower Kit. Good weapon, or best weapon?

That’s a rly good question, i cannot seem to find out what to go for or so, currently im using a two hander rifle and switching between the two of them.

I rly like the flametrhower because of the nice look, but i reckon the two hander is s bit more powerfull?

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: DarkMatter.2861

DarkMatter.2861

Misses to much. If the fix that it would be my fav.

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: XxCoOkyxX.8042

XxCoOkyxX.8042

yeah it really does miss a lot even when the flames “hit” the target it still says miss miss miss, please fix :/

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Unforgiven.8650

Unforgiven.8650

The constant missing is really annoying. I think half of the time it has to do with elevation not being equal and sometimes it is when my character is strafing it will miss as well. Should really be looked into. The damage isn’t as nice as the bomb kit either imo, but it is still decent and better than the rifle or pistols, or at least it seems that way to me.

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Having the #2 skill actually land and not get obstructed for no reason is a cause for celebration.

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: PariahJack.9042

PariahJack.9042

I think the flamethrower is somewhat weak. I mean i like using my pistols, they have blind like the flamethrower (+ some neat dmg thanks to confusion) have auto-attack enabled without me having to do that manually and the flame attack (blowtorch) is doing SO much more dmg then every attack on the flamethrower. Additionally i have immobilization which is imo better then the knockback.
The only “pro” on the flamethrower is that its main attack hits everyone in front of you so its somewhat easier to fight multiple enemies (altough ofc, you can do the same quite easily with pistols cough)

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: gricks.1897

gricks.1897

I personally love the flamethrower. I stack power and condition and it does pounds more damage on average then my dual pistols. There is a sweet spot for it though, so its not ENTIRELY spray and pray. I rarely get misses…how do you guys get all those misses? Currenlty level 68 engi and almost always have it on my tool kit.

The Wrecking Krewe[NYE] – [Maguuma] Arum Bloodclaw

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: PariahJack.9042

PariahJack.9042

Yes maybe i shouldve add that im not that high yet since i only recently started to play the engineer.

Flame on!

in Engineer

DarkMatter.2861

If you stand in one place the Flamethrower bearly misses but im always strafing and thats when you see miss x10

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Neuriot.9806

Neuriot.9806

It’s my favorite go to weapon while grouping up with others.

I’d love to use it solo more but it’s by far weaker than my dual pistols unless things fall in line perfectly, and the misses… The misses…

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: jasnall.6423

jasnall.6423

1. misses when you are out of range, it has a pretty short range on it. I use it mostly for utility as the knock back and blind are very useful. The #4 ability also does a a lot of damage if enemies stand in it as well as providing a burning combo to everyone.

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

flame thrower is the best Melee weapon ever. its like a giant flaming pike

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Gurpsmeister.9068

Gurpsmeister.9068

Flamethrower only seems to miss for me when I’m doing a lot of side to side movement. Moving backwards or..for whatever reason, forwards I seem to do okay.

I think the flamethrower is intended as a stand still sort of device. Heck look at the traits for it, juggernaut is a prime example.

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Kordwar.5417

Kordwar.5417

Misses to much. If the fix that it would be my fav.

You just need to find the sweet spot for pretty much everything when it comes to the flame thrower. For keep gates it always seems to be directly in front of the portal. Mouse angle also seems to have some sway over it as well.

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Jota.5193

Jota.5193

When you are strafing or jumping sides, try and keep your enemy at the middle of your screen, rotating your view. You will see you won’t miss it anymore. I noticed that even if the flame is not graphically hitting the enemy, but the enemy being in the middle of the screen it does damage.
On the other side, skill number 2 goes under the terrain way too many times

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Widgetcraft.2793

Widgetcraft.2793

If specced properly, I think the flamethrower is quite formidable. I just switched up my traits so that I could give it a try at 80, and I’m having a good time with it. It’s nice to take a break from the grenade spam, which was starting to get a little frustrating due to the many misfires. I think you need to make good use of elixirs, and build somewhat tanky to do well with it, so spec accordingly.

Flame on!

in Engineer

DarkMatter.2861

When you are strafing or jumping sides, try and keep your enemy at the middle of your screen, rotating your view. You will see you won’t miss it anymore. I noticed that even if the flame is not graphically hitting the enemy, but the enemy being in the middle of the screen it does damage.
On the other side, skill number 2 goes under the terrain way too many times

Thanks this helped a lot. Played last night and it makes a huge difference. Silly me was trying to actually hit my targets with the flames Im shooting at them. Must look funny to the people around us shooting flames everywhere but at the enemies.

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Charred.6814

Charred.6814

Whatever I do, in whatever situation, grenades are about 450% more efficient than flamethrower…

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorrow.7452

Sorrow.7452

To those who think Flamethrower is weak, this is a guaranteed 13 stacks of might, and 10% more damage on a single target build, but this works best with a group to PvP with.

Superior Rune of the Fire x2
Superior Rune of Hoelbrak x2
Superior Rune of Strength x2

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#McM9VoroLMo0lLMGx0G0VacRqzs

Since might effect both condition damage and power, the choice of weapon is your preference.

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: CptCosmic.3156

CptCosmic.3156

flamethrower will be epic when they solve targeting and sigils not affecting kits issue. imagine sigil of strength and high crit chance => enjoy perma 25 might stacks every fight.

(edited by CptCosmic.3156)

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

It would be the best weapon if it actually applied burning (long lasting, short if its on skill 1). And from other threads it looks like rifle is better at later stages. (would also be better if the Asura flamethrower animation didn’t shoot into the ground)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Amra.6028

Amra.6028

To those who think Flamethrower is weak, this is a guaranteed 13 stacks of might, and 10% more damage on a single target build, but this works best with a group to PvP with.

Superior Rune of the Fire x2
Superior Rune of Hoelbrak x2
Superior Rune of Strength x2

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#McM9VoroLMo0lLMGx0G0VacRqzs

Since might effect both condition damage and power, the choice of weapon is your preference.

Wait a sec. not taking 30 alchemy for the 15%? You get constant stacks of might anyway due to Juggernaut which has been reworked since this skill calc…

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sporadicus.1028

Sporadicus.1028

I think he’s including the stacks of might that you get with the Juggernaut major trait. Juggernaut grants around 5 stacks of might (it jumps between 5 and 6, but it’s more 5 stacks).

If you want major fun, put a Superior Sigil of Corruption (+10 condition damage stack per kill; up to 25 stacks) and the sigil that ups precision per kill, then just before you kill an enemy swap back to your pistols and watch your power increase as you kill an enemy. This makes the weapon bonuses work a little bit. Only a little, though.

Malkin Rawl – Charr Engineer, Tarnished Coast
Loudmouth, lousy PvPer, and mediocre PvEer.
I don’t own, I just play

Flame on!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorrow.7452

Sorrow.7452

Wait a sec. not taking 30 alchemy for the 15%? You get constant stacks of might anyway due to Juggernaut which has been reworked since this skill calc…

Yeah, you could switch out Backpack Regenerator for Deadly Mixture for 15% more damage at the cost of survivability, but I wouldn’t go 30 points into Alchemy then you’d lose 3 stacks of might from Enhanced Performance.

Also you’ll notice with the sigil combos and and 20 points in alchemy that is enough to get the might boon to 30 seconds, which means Juggernaut will stack up to 10 times.

I discovered this build because I wanted to see how high I could stack might. Keep in mind this is what you can apply on yourself (with 100% uptime), in group PvP, those around you will insure the stack will spike higher. From this build alone you’d get 10 from Juggernaut + 3 from Enhanced Performance + 1 from Elixir B.

(edited by Sorrow.7452)