Flamescrapper builds?

Flamescrapper builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: skystorm.9280

skystorm.9280

Saw someone running flamethrower scrapper power build, was pretty hard to beat as a thief and had to out play a lot to get him down. Thought I would give it a try on my own engi, was wondering if anyone had any similar builds they were running atm in WvW for solo/ roaming?

Flamescrapper builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqancoCFpidpC2aBEqiF2iiO4H+lH8DLxAYMH3xfE-TJhAAB6s/A0PAAyKDAwJAAA

probably something like this if it was p/p.
i have seen hammer/burn scrappers but they arent that viable at least compared to the build i run which is the link above.

Flamescrapper builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Not Scrapper but a power/burn build I used to run.

It’s quite powerful if used right and pretty simple as well. Wait for Incendiary Powder to proc, activate Incendiary Ammo, CC with Overcharged Shot, Net Shot, swap to Flamethrower, Napalm, then just Flamejet them to death. Usually ends with 10 – 12 stacks of burn doing some meaty numbers. Between 1 and 3k with very little condition damage while still also doing solid physical damage.

The only major downside is that Flamethrower is clunky to use and doesn’t offer much in the way of survivability.

You could do this instead which is using the Scrapper spec but then you’d be really vulnerable to conditions so it’d be kinda risky. Would have to make some crafty moves with Sneak Gyro to avoid getting bombed but otherwise I think it’d work about as well as the first build I posted.

Both builds do good direct damage while also getting some nice burn stacks but it’s somewhat of a gimmick build (at least imo). If you’re able to keep the burns off you and have enough stability to avoid being CC’d it’s not very hard to fight. Just has potential to be really nasty if you’re not prepared for it can do. I killed a lot of people with that first build just because (I assume) they weren’t expecting to take so much damage from burns from a rifle Engi and they downed or got in a pretty vulnerable spot after being CC’d from eating too many burn ticks.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Flamescrapper builds?

in Engineer

Posted by: PWNtrooper.8617

PWNtrooper.8617

I messed around with a flamescrapper build for sPvP solo queues, but I also really just wanted to make turrets work because they never get used. It worked alright (not nearly as well as the more common scrapper builds) but if you really want to use a flamethrower it’s the best I’ve been able to come up with:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASlUUhatYNVw2Kw6FL3FF9qH7zO4CGhBQ4E2ZZGA-TJBGABeXGQhLAAAPAA03fAA

You sit on flamethrower 24/7 as your “main” weapon and treat the hammer as a kit. You get around 11-12 stacks of might just from Juggernaut and Mass Momentum and your runes. In sPvP at least I built it to just camp on an objective. Since your turrets all give you periodic boons in 600 radius your Fury uptime is great; not sold on Rocket over Flame Turret (maybe next time I feel like messing around), but they help keep pressure up if your opponent ignores them. It’s also been fun making people waste evades and blocks on the flamethrower and then get nailed by the hammer (hah!) abilities.

No stunbreak is definitely the weakest part, but you could certainly swap the Inventions route for the Elixir HGH stuff, take Elixir Gun and maybe Elixir B. Probably even swap Supply Crate for Elixir X to Moa people or take Mortar to crank out those fields. It’d be stronger going that way, honestly, but I like Bunker Down and wanted so desperately to find a way to make turrets work…

For WvW though this would definitely not work. I think flamethrower just doesn’t vibe well with what you want to do in WvW, or at least not as well as more aggressive or mobile options.