Flamethrower Zerker is viable : 3 (PvP)

in Engineer

Posted by: XerreX.7196

XerreX.7196

Hey people!

I just wana share with you an epic recording and make power based specs more popular a bit, and engi is excellent for power plays believe me or not : 3

Here is the vid:
http://www.twitch.tv/xerrex/c/4486990

Build used: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fdAQFAUlsTpWrtbx+KseNSdBB6AUgOLyFGjP+vaC-TJxHwADeAAa2fAwFAQZZAA

I hope you enjoyed it, if so pls check me out in the future on Twitch….
byeees : 3

(edited by XerreX.7196)

in Engineer

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Some time ago i started running zerk engi too in tPvP, its really fun imo, quite more than those cheesy turret builds.
Here is what i was running: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds_uAUTKW4E
Your build looks more solid for 1v1 situations, mine is more bursty/roaming, so its more team dependent. I think i’ll try it out, but i dont feel like i can give up on my rocket boots.

(edited by cuge.5398)

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Xerrex I love your twitch stream but you are the only player who is able to play zerker engi builds. The rest of us should stay away from this kind of builds because we die in seconds.

And this fight should be in the Hall of fame of all fights. Just wow

(edited by Lupanic.6502)

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

It seems you actually managed to do what i try since a long time now. Thanks a lot for sharing that build and vid.. gonna try that right away. Deam man.. seems you just showed me the light back to my beloved flamer in the right way.

in Engineer

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Xerrex I love your twitch stream but you are the only player who is able to play zerker engi builds. The rest of us should stay away from this kind of builds because we die in seconds.

So much adulation dude, Xerrex might be a good player sure, but that video didnt show that kind of superb surviving skills you are talking about. Actually the oppponent team was quite bad, seems like they didnt even realize he was on a zerker build, cause he was never ever focused once during teamfights, unless he was the only one standing on the point.

Anyway… interesting build bro.

in Engineer

XerreX.7196

So much adulation dude, Xerrex might be a good player sure, but that video didnt show that kind of superb surviving skills you are talking about. Actually the oppponent team was quite bad, seems like they didnt even realize he was on a zerker build, cause he was never ever focused once during teamfights, unless he was the only one standing on the point.

Anyway… interesting build bro.

Nah its a zerker build it has little sustain compared to cndi builds like any other zerker.
Your sustain only depends on how well you position yourself and move/dodge + u have some protection for a short time if hit. Nevertheless my experience shows that among zerker builds this spec has failry high sustain if played accourdingly. Logically vs the most run meta-builds especially if played by good ppl you rly have to try your very best to outperform them but i am just a self-torturing man who still loves the challange and doesnt like the meta-builds : 3

in Engineer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Hey, speak for yourself. I’ve only played zerker engineer and I’m doing fairly well

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

Hey, speak for yourself. I’ve only played zerker engineer and I’m doing fairly well

I to play zerker engineer all the time, I find zerker engineers to be one of the best at long range heavy damage, my personal favorite being hgh Nader those 10k+ nades barrages with rather impressive survivability provided you know how to use it.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

in Engineer

XerreX.7196

It is very rare to have such close and enjoyable matches anymore…

in Engineer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Really, really impressive. I love your amazing accuracy on jumps, especially acid bomb.
Takes skill and aim and reminds me of good ol’disengages on Hunter. Great job!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Engineer

Posted by: Ausfer.1853

Ausfer.1853

Well, what can I say? It makes the most out of a bad kit? Flamethrower is largely worthless, and even with this build you’re way better off going zerker nades where the range makes a glass cannon build more viable.

Only thing I would suggest is to take 2 trait points out of firearms and put them into inventions. Reason being is that you don’t need Bunkered down, and Energized Armor gives you more a reliable damage boost than Target the Maimed. Plus, you gain a tiny bit more survivibility, which you need with the FT.

in Engineer

XerreX.7196

i like bunker down cuz of its super low cd and proc chance and they can crit over 1k

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Watched the first four minutes and stopped.

The first fight was a 2v1 where the enemy was focusing the other guy, and you were just piling on. Of course Berserker looks safe here.

Second fight, you crash a zerg-fest. Every time you got focused down you ran away up the stairs, but because there’s other people around they don’t chase you.

Third fight is legitimately good, but you once again run away from the cap point. The guardian left you behind because he went to save his friend that was about to lose the capture point, and died because some of your allies came to help finish him off.

I’m not really sure what you’re trying to advertise here. The damage is fine, sure, but the second you get focused you have to pull off. That’s not really a very effective build for a game type that revolves around capturing and maintaining points.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians